+2
Maxx
Ramla-Meryt
6 posters

Go down

New Member Empty New Member

Post by Ramla-Meryt 20.03.18 11:54

For the most part, 'lurker' tends to define me moderately well on what online forums I partake in - reading a lot, posting little.

I'm not new to regarding myself a vampire, and associating with the word as a matter of essence, psyche and self-identity. I have done so for around the decade mark, but it is only within the past couple of recent years that I have felt a compulsion of a sort to seek out 'like kind', others, people aware of things, a community and other related words. My last attempt at this resulted in me taking said decade-long break from anything non-solitary relating to vampirism and others, due to the sheer amount of in-fighting, bickering and drama.

Me outside of this space? Model, editor/proof-reader, occasional writer - I consider myself a moderately all-round creative creature, with some outlets neglected more than others due to other preoccupations.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Re: New Member

Post by Ramla-Meryt 20.03.18 11:56

nachtzehren wrote:For the most part, 'lurker' tends to define me moderately well on what online forums I partake in - reading a lot, posting little.

I'm not new to regarding myself a vampire, and associating with the word as a matter of essence, psyche and self-identity. I have done so for around the decade mark, but it is only within the past couple of recent years that I have felt a compulsion of a sort to seek out 'like kind', others, people aware of things, a community and other related words. My last attempt at this resulted in me taking said decade-long break from anything non-solitary relating to vampirism and others, due to the sheer amount of in-fighting, bickering and drama.

Me outside of this space? Model, editor/proof-reader, occasional writer - I consider myself a moderately all-round creative creature, with some outlets neglected more than others due to other preoccupations.

I can't seem to figure out how to edit my post so; also in the process of collecting vampire literature, from as broad of a spectrum of sources as possible including the publicly available Aset Ka titles.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 20.03.18 20:03

There is no delete so once sent you are allowed no changes unless you post a second post underneath describing your desired change.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 21.03.18 1:09

Maxx wrote:There is no delete so once sent you are allowed no changes unless you post a second post underneath describing your desired change.

No deleting is understandable. No editing is certainly different.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 21.03.18 6:16

Editing is not permitted to ensure honesty and truthfulness in this community. Past members with poor intentions would later edit their posts to manipulate discussions so now what we write is what we write. Makes a lot of sense in my opinion and makes one also aware of what one is writing, not just mindless typing. You can always correct a post or an idea below with a following comment. No problem at all.

By the way welcome to the community!
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 21.03.18 10:52

Jonathan wrote:Editing is not permitted to ensure honesty and truthfulness in this community. Past members with poor intentions would later edit their posts to manipulate discussions so now what we write is what we write. Makes a lot of sense in my opinion and makes one also aware of what one is writing, not just mindless typing. You can always correct a post or an idea below with a following comment. No problem at all.

By the way welcome to the community!

It is a good policy. I've been a member previously of places that frowned heavily on double-posting, so I was wondering as to whether the lack of an edit button was a policy, or merely me being blind.

Thank you for the welcome!
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 22.03.18 14:11

Hello and welcome.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 22.03.18 14:12

Lynskha wrote:Hello and welcome.

Thank you for the greetings and welcome.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 23.03.18 8:12

It's nice to see a new face, and some activity.

Please do look around the forums and various threads, I look forward to interacting with you.

May we ask you some questions about yourself?
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2017-06-07

http://reality-of-identity.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 23.03.18 10:36

A.Nightside wrote:It's nice to see a new face, and some activity.

Please do look around the forums and various threads, I look forward to interacting with you.

May we ask you some questions about yourself?

I've already started poking around a few Smile Some are what inspired me to start actually reading vampire/vampirism-related literature, outside of what I'm already beginning to look at in relation to some academic work I'll be doing hopefully later this year.

Ask away!
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 24.03.18 12:02

What exactly makes you feel that you are a vampire?

What sort of academic work?
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 24.03.18 15:56

A.Nightside wrote:What exactly makes you feel that you are a vampire?

Deficit-like and hunger outside of the norm' sensation since my early teens. Strong sense of identity as 'other', although the refined direction towards 'vampire' did not come until my early twenties and 'set' around mid/late-twenties. Ill feeling if I don't feed for a period of time. I've fed and feed through multiple channels, some more so than others.

To snag a quote from the Aset Ka site, 'inhuman soul within a human body; an immortal spirit in a mortal shell'. Certainly it puts what I feel in to more concise words than me rambling for potential paragraphs without a strict guide. I've also used similar phrasing to self-describe for a while now.

While I do keep up the outward aesthetic of fangs (custom made) and long pointed nails, I've always long determined that aesthetics do not correlate to identity. They help me get closer to my desired self-image, but are not what I would consider automatic vampire characteristics.

There could be and probably is more, in which case I can add to this response in a quote at a later date.

What sort of academic work?

To see what correlation there is -if one at all - between vampire/haematophage lore and disease epidemics. I need to narrow down when/where, but it has at least been given the green light as a potential research area.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 24.03.18 16:48

nachtzehren wrote:Strong sense of identity as 'other',

To snag a quote from the Aset Ka site, 'inhuman soul within a human body; an immortal spirit in a mortal shell'. Certainly it puts what I feel in to more concise words than me rambling for potential paragraphs without a strict guide. I've also used similar phrasing to self-describe for a while now.

[/size]

Have you ever heard of the term Otherkin?

To see what correlation there is -if one at all - between vampire/haematophage lore and disease epidemics. I need  to narrow down when/where, but it has at least been given the green light as a potential research area.

That sounds incredibly interesting. Any chance you'll be willing to share your progress as you go, or your final product after it's submitted?
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 24.03.18 16:52

A.Nightside wrote:Have you ever heard of the term Otherkin?
I have. I was a member of an Otherkin/Vampire forum for about four years before the drama got too much and I left. This is my first foray back into the online forum side of things relating to vampirism.

That sounds incredibly interesting. Any chance you'll be willing to share your progress as you go, or your final product after it's submitted?

I'd be happy to!
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 27.03.18 4:45

Well met. And welcome to the forum.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 27.03.18 10:01

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:Well met. And welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the welcome, and for the greeting.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 27.03.18 17:07

nachtzehren wrote:I have. I was a member of an Otherkin/Vampire forum for about four years before the drama got too much and I left. This is my first foray back into the online forum side of things relating to vampirism.

Ah. Ew, drama. May I ask what the name of the forum was?
Would you be interested in potentially better groups/forums?
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 28.03.18 5:22

A.Nightside wrote:
nachtzehren wrote:I have. I was a member of an Otherkin/Vampire forum for about four years before the drama got too much and I left. This is my first foray back into the online forum side of things relating to vampirism.

Ah. Ew, drama. May I ask what the name of the forum was?
Would you be interested in potentially better groups/forums?

Otherkin.net or .com, I can't remember specifically. They did make a vampire-only spinoff one that didn't seem too bad at first, but just seemed to decay into inactivity.

Potentially, yes. Preferably more vampire-focused, but any forums with a sustainable presence of that and further reading will always engage my interest.

Now awaiting the delivery of new reading materials: the Asetian Bible and the Sanguinomicon. More are on the list from both Mr Marques, Father Sebastiaan and Michelle Belanger but I'm trying to keep the literature as broad as possible, adding to it bit by bit.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 28.03.18 8:18

.net has better articles than .com did.

I"ll pm you with a couple suggestions/recommendations.

That is definitely a broad selection.
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 28.03.18 8:24

A.Nightside wrote:.net has better articles than .com did.

I"ll pm you with a couple suggestions/recommendations.

That is definitely a broad selection.

I remember .net being more reference material, and .com being the forum. I may not be remembering it entirely accurately.

Excellent, thank you!

I do try and scatter-shot broad then narrow down depending on my interest, and where it is piqued most. It's not too unlike research on any of my degree essays, so I treat it much the same way.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down