Inspiration Without Basic Respect Strikes- Yet Again

3 posters

Go down

Inspiration Without Basic Respect Strikes- Yet Again Empty Inspiration Without Basic Respect Strikes- Yet Again

Post by Troublemaker 09.10.19 9:05

Just sharing with the community this artist that was found, in case others might find the blatant inspiration and copying fascinating for any reason. While these things are definitely nothing new at this point in time, I find it quite disrespectful to use the Asetian Sigil without permission, especially when it comes to any form of published work. Even taking the name of Anubis is kind of in lower taste, especially given the high importance of His Anubian Lineage in this tradition. Since this kind of noise will always be surrounding Asetianism in some way, I know that it is not worth getting all that riled up over. However, in this case I find clear copyright infringement in using material for publishing a personal creative project without referencing the source. 

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/anubis/the-asetian-chronicle/

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kJQaqiq0n9vyJDutMufV2UKXFYlUKICjc
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Inspiration Without Basic Respect Strikes- Yet Again Empty Re: Inspiration Without Basic Respect Strikes- Yet Again

Post by Jonathan 09.10.19 9:42

Well for one what this artist is doing is obviously illegal. The Asetian sigil is copyrighted and protected under international law.

This is the sort of thing that has frequently happened throughout the years though. We’ve seen it happening in music albums, book covers, book texts, occult organizations. It’s fine to use the inspiration an artist finds in the Aset Ka to create art that in some way relates with their perspectives of Asetianism, that should be commended, the problem here is when that inspiration bridges on intellectual property theft. There are well known cases of this like Father Sebastiaan but he is only one of many using Asetian symbolism and culture for profit.

Have you tried contacting the artist about this? Some artists, if honest, might be understanding of the problem this causes and be willing to remove the unauthorized artwork. Several have done so before. It’s also a good metric to judge how honest their work is.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Inspiration Without Basic Respect Strikes- Yet Again Empty Re: Inspiration Without Basic Respect Strikes- Yet Again

Post by Troublemaker 09.10.19 10:04

It is a good idea to report it, indeed. I intend to do so once I am able. I know that these things happen so often that they are hardly groundbreaking news, but I loathe to see such blatant copyright infringement when it comes to this beautiful Sigil. I feel that individuals willing to do such things likely do not even understand what the Sigil is in the first place.  
Speaking of copyright infringement, I noticed that the Asetian Bible is no longer available for sale on America's Amazon. Interesting considering Belanger's false accusations of plagiarism and movements to get it pulled. I am wondering if that old issue is somehow related. It is still up for sale on Amazon UK. Interesting stuff due to the underlying reasons, that others might simply move over but I find a valuable point of psychology and maybe even culture there.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 09.10.19 10:47

Rhea Kaye wrote:Speaking of copyright infringement, I noticed that the Asetian Bible is no longer available for sale on America's Amazon. Interesting considering Belanger's false accusations of plagiarism and movements to get it pulled. I am wondering if that old issue is somehow related. It is still up for sale on Amazon UK. Interesting stuff due to the underlying reasons, that others might simply move over but I find a valuable point of psychology and maybe even culture there.

Michelle Belanger tried that scheming all over the place during 2007 and 2008, including Barnes & Noble and Book Depository. If the book is only missing on the US side of Amazon.com then I think that situation is particularly telling. study

Not surprising given that we live in a country of sold outs and forgeries.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 10.10.19 11:22

Not bad rap music. Didn't find much connection to Asetianism specifically, though, calling the album "The Asetian Chronicle".

Also, yes... the copyright infringement.
Might be best to tell him. Maybe show him this thread? ...
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 13.10.19 11:02

You know... I feel like you guys are a lot more patient than me. 
Because I see this stuff and it makes me angry. I feel like there is no excuse for a published artist beyond the age of twelve. Basic, common decency, intelligence, rationality and respect clearly shows that this is wrong on every level. Is there really an excuse for an artist (I use that word very loosely in this case) or even a record company to dare using any copyrighted material without permission? In my opinion they must be an extremely subpar artist to not bother with having their own creative cover, instead pulling it from an already copyrighted source that they clearly know absolutely nothing about, otherwise they wouldn't be showing so much disrespect and ignorance. Not even a citing of the source. Just pretentious nicknames and plagiarism.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 13.10.19 11:06

What can I do, I guess I was born this unending pit of tolerance. study
At least that's what our friend Maxx thinks of me.

No I get what you mean and I agree that it's plagiarism. I think I just grew used to seeing Asetian stuff being copied all over the place. I do agree with you that we should point it out when we see it for awareness.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 13.10.19 11:09

I should clarify that I meant the tolerance bit in a good way.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 13.10.19 11:58

I was just joking. Very Happy
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down