Nebibi
Syrianeh
Phoenix
Ankhhape
8 posters

Go down

Help Interpreting Page 43 of the AB Empty Help Interpreting Page 43 of the AB

Post by Phoenix 05.05.09 22:28

Can someone help me out here? I started rereading the AB, when I came across "brothers" in the first line on page 43, which I do not understand.

"Osiris. . . ruled Egypt with his sacred wife Isis, while their brothers, Seth and Nephthys, had dominion over the sands of the desert and the beasts in the Nile."

This is the first time I have ever seen reference to Nephthys being male.
All I have previously read says Nephthys is the sister of Aset and Osiris and sister/wife of Seth. Tomb paintings, jewelery and mythology show her as a goddess, not a god.

The next sentence in the AB, after the above, seems to refer to the story of Osiris having sex with Nephthys with Anubis being born of that union. If this is true, then now Nephthys is clealry female.

Why does the AB portray Nephthys as male? Is it a true typographical error, which slipped through the AK's proofreading? Am I unaware of some little known male aspect of Nephthys? Any thoughts?
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Help Interpreting Page 43 of the AB Empty Re: Help Interpreting Page 43 of the AB

Post by Syrianeh 06.05.09 2:02

Phoenix: I believe this could be a Portuguese-biased error. In Portuguese, just as in Spanish, the word "brothers" is the same as "siblings", encompassing both males and females.

There are several such language glitches in the rest of the book, though just a few. Of course, I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever to the Asetian Bible by pointing this out; it is quite normal and I'm sure others have seen them.

Which makes me wonder, are they reallly glitches or hidden messages (as is stated at the beginning of the book)?
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Help Interpreting Page 43 of the AB Empty Re: Help Interpreting Page 43 of the AB

Post by Ankhhape 06.05.09 5:51

The translation from Portuguese to English has its difficulties and I'm sure any revised editions of the AB will have all of these 'glitches' worked out.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 06.05.09 13:11

Syrianeh and Ankhhape, thanks. I speak enough Spanish that I should have realized that this was a translation issue - as I have noted in other places of the AB. "Siblings" is an excellent translation.
I also have wondered about some of the "glitches" being a hidden code.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 06.05.09 14:13

Maybe you could point out some of the other 'glitches'?
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 06.05.09 19:17

Ankhhape wrote:Maybe you could point out some of the other 'glitches'?
Ankhhape, I have noted mostly translation oddities, primarily quite minor grammatical issues compared to standard US English. Perhaps Syrianeh could better address the prospective "hidden code" items. I certainly do not have such a list.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 07.05.09 1:31

Phoenix: I will take a look, though I want to take my time as I intend to read the AB again. But I would mostly bet on mere translation flaws.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebibi 14.12.09 9:58

I don't mean any disrespect by this either, but I was reading about the shen centers in the AB and I came across a Typo in the reference table on page 286 on next the physical aspects of the third eye shen it says "eyes, nose, Years". I know they meant "ears" but I sometimes wonder if that was really a typo or something else.....

Forgive me for bringing up an old post and on such a minute topic but I found it curious....
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 15.12.09 1:20

I have noticed this as well. Maybe it is just an editor's glitch, or maybe it has a meaning and is an intentional "typo". The author states within the book that some apparent "mistakes" are kept for special purposes, so we never know. It is very hard to track what may have some symbolism to it and what may not. But always great to discuss it. Smile
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 15.12.09 12:21

We can probably verify that in a future version of the Asetian Bible. If the typo gets fixed, it was just a glitch, but if it remains then it is a subtle symbol from the genius author and has a hidden meaning for us to decode.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBathory 15.12.09 14:14

I don't really like going through a book like this and trying to
separate it into this page or that page. I tried and it feels
unnatural. It's like the book is saying to me what am I as a whole? Think grander than this. So I have been thinking that to hide something doesn't always mean to make it small, it could be so big that you don't see it.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Xedoc 03.12.10 9:46

I'm Portuguese and yes. "Their brothers" describing both Female and Male is correct. If you had 1000 females it should be " Their sisters " but you have 1000 females and 1 male, the male takes priority then must be " Their brothers " Portuguese is more precisly then English. Translating to English is not so easy as you think. Anyway Nephthys is female in every cases.
Xedoc
Xedoc
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down