Bram Stoker Dracula Book 1897

3 posters

Go down

Bram Stoker Dracula Book 1897 Empty Bram Stoker Dracula Book 1897

Post by vladyriny 27.12.22 15:21

I'm buyed today this book.

The work done on this book.
Finally, you can have an edition of Dracula, as close as possible to the first edition of 1897, with the original text, respecting the layout and the font. Even the book has the same number of pages. The binding has also been reproduced, based on original covers, scanned at the highest resolution, which are worn, just like the books that are on sale today, but with their price multiplied by thousands. This is the edition that was presented without advertisements.
What is different among other books.
Today you can find many reprints of Dracula, some with added text, some with pictures, but none of them have been reissued trying to keep the look of the original edition. To have an original edition is within the reach of very few.
What Dracula is about.
Dracula is a classic horror novel; perhaps the quintessential classic of the genre. In Bram Stoker's work, the figure of the vampire, inspired by popular belief, found its perfect form. The author incorporates elements of ancient legends and oral traditions into a fascinating gothic novel. With great skill, he places the vampire of seemingly bygone times in modern times. On the threshold of the 20th century, in an age characterised by scientific and technical progress, Stoker evokes the mysterious, supernatural and inexplicable evil. And although he does so in the format of romanticism, as a montage of diaries and letters, even today the reading of the book leaves us breathless. The gradual revelation of the undead is as thrillingly staged as their encirclement. Dracula is a kind of original text through which the vampire's triumphal march into cinema and popular culture could begin. The fact that Stoker alludes discreetly but overtly to the various possibilities of interpreting the vampire myth - among others, the social and the erotic - further contributes to the fascination of the legend.

Greetings Vladyriny

https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/20/47/13/63/bramst11.jpg
vladyriny
vladyriny
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-12-27

Back to top Go down

Bram Stoker Dracula Book 1897 Empty Re: Bram Stoker Dracula Book 1897

Post by tutankhamon 28.12.22 1:36

I opened the link, but only the cover of the book appears.. is that how it should be?
Thanks Vladyriny!
tutankhamon
tutankhamon
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2022-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by vladyriny 28.12.22 6:23

tutankhamon wrote:I opened the link, but only the cover of the book appears.. is that how it should be?
Thanks Vladyriny!

Yes, thats the cover of the original book. Wink
vladyriny
vladyriny
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Morell 04.01.23 11:00

Till now I didn't hear that this more original edition is out. That's good news for me.
Morell
Morell
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2022-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down