An unexpected predicament

5 posters

Go down

An unexpected predicament Empty An unexpected predicament

Post by Daniel09 27.06.09 18:47

It seems when I visited the park this last Friday, I was bitten by a bug, likely a fly. It has caused me severe discomfort in my breathing, and my neck muscles have started swelling. I have applied an ice pack and am thinking healthy thoughts to inspire hasty healing. This hasn't happened to me before, so I felt I'd share it. I suppose it's lucky I've been drinking exuberant amounts of green tea these past few days. It might be helping.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

An unexpected predicament Empty Re: An unexpected predicament

Post by Daniel09 27.06.09 19:09

Ah, I have also learned something from this. When I am in
uncontrollable pain, things can get weird. To elaborate, I tried
various methods to alleviate it enough to allow myself to sleep last
night. It ended up being pointless, because though I could make it feel
like temperature, I could not stay comfortable enough to relax into
sleep. It made me angry and I decided the pain was stupid, essentially
telling myself it didn't matter. When I am hot-headed, I cannot sleep
under any conditions, so I applied myself to the computer for a short
span. Once I calmed down and decided I was sleepy enough, I attempted
sleep again. At this point I was in and out of a painful waking dream
state, in which the characters of a show I watch were extremely worried
about me and caring for me. It took me a few hours of this before
realizing no one else was there and I was imagining things.

I then sat up and spent time walking around. I made some tea (it was
now around 6 AM) and decided to lay back down to sleep. I wrapped
myself and pinned myself against the wall with my legs bent upward. I
finally dozed off till 1 PM today, much of the pain relieved.

So I've determined that pain can make me sink into a world within my mind that I can't easily distinguish from reality.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 27.06.09 19:47

I just now saw this. If I could get to you on a telephone so I could ask questions as I work, it could help you as I deal with it......also, you need to put camphor on it and keep it on it until you find a difference.

By now you probably see the problem diminishing.

Regards,

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 27.06.09 20:43

I can't say I'm very good at taking care of myself. I'm just a bit negligent, considering how stubborn I am about recovering from things on my own. I've always felt that mind over matter is a very powerful thing, and things tend to work themselves out by that principle, which I've come to see as the same force metaphysical practices focus on. They teach you to acquire a frequency of thought which will perform the desired function. The ice pack may have done something, but I am ignorant to it thus far. I expect I will be nearly recovered by tomorrow morning.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 28.06.09 3:29

Daniel, it seems to me like you are badly allergic to whatever bit you. Trying to recover on your own is a good practice and eventually it might save you from lots of pain, but if you rely totally on that you might end up taking unnecessary risks, especially since this might happen again. So I would suggest complementing your self-treatment with a visit to the doc.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 28.06.09 7:42

there is so much I could say about this, but I will just be nice and refrain. But the doctor is a good option, always.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 28.06.09 10:25

Unfortunately, doctors in America are dangerously expensive. I would be endangering my current living situation by even considering visiting a doctor for any reason. I am nearly recovered. It is now just a tightness in my chest every few minutes. I think the swelling has gone down as well.

As for the weirdness last night. I found myself unable to sleep, but for different reasons. The pain took on a different form than I'm used to. I wouldn't say it had really changed, but I was reacting to it not as pain, but as a sensation that made me feel... good. I started to get bubbly and felt really childish from the feeling and kept doing things that before were painful. This lasted some time, but as I began to drift into dreams, (some of which were odd as well, but I am at a fault to remember them because of chores I was woken to do), I found it feeling like unpleasant pain again even though the sensations were the same as before. I did end up falling asleep, and there was some kind of giant guy who was telling me I needed to trust my intuition. That I knew more than I let myself see, but they're just fragmentary memories. I can't trust them.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 28.06.09 11:58

Oops, when I mentioned seeing a doctor I didn't think of the horribly abusive and unfair American health system. It is just something I'll never understand, and I really hope things change under the new President. Here, if you need a doctor, you get one. Free. For anything except plastic surgery, unless it is prescriptional as well.

But enough about politics. I just don't want to sound too practical, Daniel, but it seems like you are under the influence of a fever. Do not take bug-bite allergies lightly; there are people who are allergic to bee stings, for instance, and who actually die if stung. Google around and try to find the most sensible approach to it. And mentioning it to your parents is not such a bad idea either.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 28.06.09 12:02

Maxx wrote:there is so much I could say about this, but I will just be nice and refrain.
What do you mean, Maxx?
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ModernAriel 28.06.09 12:41

You can get over the counter creme or pills that will help with the symptoms. You are allergic to whatever venom was left in the bite, and if this goes on for more than a few days..go to the doctor!
ModernAriel
ModernAriel
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 28.06.09 14:01

I said that I would refrain from speaking further about this, that is exactly what I meant. To answer you would mean that I would do the opposite. It would serve no purpose other than causing a riot. And it would not change a thing. There is no life in that. Those that can see, have already seen, and those that have not seen, are not ready to see.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 28.06.09 17:10

I'm much improved already, so there's no need for a fuss. I've never been much for allergies anyway. They can kiss my -yeah. Thanks for the advice, and as for the imagery, it's nothing like when I'm in fever. That's normal dream stuff. When I have a fever, things approach an interesting level of weird, in which I'm seeing texture and feeling sounds. Of course, I tend to be drugged at that point with Niquil and Aspirin, but it's still odd.

The swelling's pretty well gone, and the chest pain is getting less and less as more time passes.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down