Vampire Fangs in the Dark Mark?

2 posters

Go down

Vampire Fangs in the Dark Mark? Empty Vampire Fangs in the Dark Mark?

Post by Guest 22.10.09 13:17

Greetings to everyone,

This may sound a somewhat weird question but I feel that I have to post it, since it has been in my mind since I started reading the Asetian Bible by Luis Marques.

First, however, I would like to quote one part of a paragraph from the AB, pages 69-70 (if I am authorized to do so – if I'm not, please delete this quote):

Unline most of the symbols tattooed on the wrist, the Asetian Dark Mark is always tattooed facing the Asetian, with the lower end of the Ankh pointing to the inner arm and the Rays of Isis pointing out to the hand and into the outer world. This characteristic alone is purely vampiric and symbolic in nature as well, since the Mark is engraved in a way that is perfectly seen by the Asetian at all times, but usually seen inverted by the common world."

With this in mind I wondered what would the Dark Mark appear like, to the common world. And if you see the image of the Dark Mark (on the cover of the Asetian Bible) upside down, you will see that the Rays of Isis actually remind Vampire Fangs! That is, an Asetian always sees the Dark Mark as it is, while the outer/common world always has the Vampire Fangs (that is, the Rays of Isis) menacingly directed towards it.

I believe this to be an extremely symbolic and important aspect of the Dark Mark, but first I would like to know your opinions about this. Does this seem to be too far-fetched, or is there some logic in this conclusion?

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,
Heru P. K.

Back to top Go down

Vampire Fangs in the Dark Mark? Empty Re: Vampire Fangs in the Dark Mark?

Post by Guest 22.10.09 15:15

Just a small correction:

In the quote from the Asetian Bible, the first word isn't Unline, but obviously Unlike. Sorry for the inconvenience. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 25.10.09 22:34

I don't think the Aset Ka would try to hide any fang figure within their powerful and deep art. It is too new-age, fangs...

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 25.10.09 23:02

I wouldn't be so certain. While vampire fangs are a new-age concept, fangs in animals have existed always, as a sign of strength perhaps. But the position of the horns is not at all fang-like in appearance from what I can tell. They move outward, showing how they accept within them things like life which the horns are attached to. One could even go as far as to say it is a representation of lips of a mouth opened to the ankh of life, representing the immortal kiss given to an Asetian. And it's not just ordinary life, but winged life, life that soars above, forever with eternity.

I might be guessing far too much now, however. ^.^
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down