Reincarnation and Sexual Orientation

5 posters

Go down

Reincarnation and Sexual Orientation Empty Reincarnation and Sexual Orientation

Post by Daniel09 28.11.09 21:30

This is something I've thought about for some time. The connection between reincarnation and sexual orientation. Now, as far as I know, if one has a feminine soul, they will be attracted to men, or at the very least understand the attraction to men. If one has a male soul, they will be attracted to women, or understand the attraction to women. And if someone has a balanced soul (in male/female polarity), then they will be attacked to men and women, or understand both.

What are others' thoughts on this?
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation and Sexual Orientation Empty Re: Reincarnation and Sexual Orientation

Post by ElizabethBathory 29.11.09 2:48

Wouldn't they be asexual if you're looking at it that way?
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation and Sexual Orientation Empty Re: Reincarnation and Sexual Orientation

Post by Daniel09 29.11.09 17:10

Maybe I made a mistake somewhere. I'm often bad at putting these thoughts into words. What I'm trying to say is that since every soul has a certain male/female polarity, that it might relate to the genders they are attracted to when incarnated in a physical body. In the middle they are half male, half female in essence, so they would be attracted to both, essentially bisexual.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBathory 29.11.09 18:47

Daniel09 wrote:Maybe I made a mistake somewhere. I'm often bad at putting these thoughts into words. What I'm trying to say is that since every soul has a certain male/female polarity, that it might relate to the genders they are attracted to when incarnated in a physical body. In the middle they are half male, half female in essence, so they would be attracted to both, essentially bisexual.

I got what you were trying to say, I just don't think that has anything to do with it because I don't think souls have polarity, and only the body does. Which is why when animals evolve into self-awareness and beyond, they start exploring sexuality as being more than just for reproduction with the "opposite." I haven't read the Asetian Bible yet and I am not expert on souls, so this may not be the opinion you are looking for.

Honestly, though...The older I get, the more I feel like the concept of gender (which is supposed to be the "soul" manifestation of the physical sex, right?) is almost entirely culture-created brainwashing. I like when men wear make-up and women do "manly" stuff. I just feel like everyone has that gender-bending side of them that they're secretly repressing. Like if I had grown up completely isolated away from society and media with a male human, I don't think we would be as different as society tries to sell.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBathory 29.11.09 19:06

To me it's like I like apples, they're my favorite fruit, but someone else likes oranges. I can't explain why I prefer apples to oranges, but I know it's not cause I have a vagina. Following this sex/attraction logic, that should also be linked to the fact that I am female? It just doesn't make any sense once you start looking past gender-roles.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 29.11.09 19:34

Yes, I understand what you mean. I suppose the gender roles aren't really meaning the male and female sex, it is just a set of terms used to describe the general attitude of the energy. So aggressive energies are arbitrarily assigned the description of male, and passive energies are assigned female. Nothing to actually do with the genders, but the archetype works well to get the idea working in the mind so as to understand the concept of polarity. I work most of my idea on this from a quote in the Viperine Lineage section of the Asetian Bible:

"According to the principles of duality, of major importance within the Asetian tradition, the Viperines have the most balanced energy body when referring to sexual polarity. They can see through both points of view and perspectives, with the power to analyze things under masculine and feminine mindsets, having the energies of one and the other, naturally mingling both polarities under the same host, despite what body they might incarnate."

That last bit about "despite what body they might incarnate" is what got me just about certain that Asetians are not all one sexuality, but many, just as they are with their religions and appearances.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 29.11.09 21:00

I agree that they are probably diverse.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBathory 30.11.09 6:37

Daniel09 wrote:Yes, I understand what you mean. I suppose the gender roles aren't really meaning the male and female sex, it is just a set of terms used to describe the general attitude of the energy. So aggressive energies are arbitrarily assigned the description of male, and passive energies are assigned female. Nothing to actually do with the genders, but the archetype works well to get the idea working in the mind so as to understand the concept of polarity. I work most of my idea on this from a quote in the Viperine Lineage section of the Asetian Bible:

"According to the principles of duality, of major importance within the Asetian tradition, the Viperines have the most balanced energy body when referring to sexual polarity. They can see through both points of view and perspectives, with the power to analyze things under masculine and feminine mindsets, having the energies of one and the other, naturally mingling both polarities under the same host, despite what body they might incarnate."

That last bit about "despite what body they might incarnate" is what got me just about certain that Asetians are not all one sexuality, but many, just as they are with their religions and appearances.

I try my hardest not to follow polarity. There is a passage in the great Tao Te Ching, which brings up that opposites arise from individual points of view, and are pretty much created by the very fact that you acknowledge only a part of a whole. You know what I'm saying? Like if you decide to split a circle up into a 1/2, and only look at that 1/2..of course now you have the other 1/2, which mirrors your 1/2. But together it was originally meant to be a circle. And, trust me I know that it doesn't always look like that, especially with how we are taught in school..positive and negative, proton and electron, evil & good, male and female,........but as far as I'm concerned, the same logic can be applied. Breaking things up seems to be one way of understanding concepts, that's all, but I feel it's important to not lose sight of the whole when doing so. Is this even on topic to your original post, I hope so. I don't mean to hijack your post with tangents, but if I could sum up the whole universe in a sentence, I would be writing something like the Tao, not posting on a message board.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebthet 30.11.09 12:03

I wonder if the older a being gets the more likely they are to be bi-sexual or a-sexual. Possibly a bit transgender at times too, because they like to be both sexes at different times. I would think that at some point one just ignores all kinds of labels and just enjoys what they like.

Nebthet
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 30.11.09 13:49

ElizabethBathory wrote:
I try my hardest not to follow polarity. There is a passage in the great Tao Te Ching, which brings up that opposites arise from individual points of view, and are pretty much created by the very fact that you acknowledge only a part of a whole. You know what I'm saying? Like if you decide to split a circle up into a 1/2, and only look at that 1/2..of course now you have the other 1/2, which mirrors your 1/2. But together it was originally meant to be a circle. And, trust me I know that it doesn't always look like that, especially with how we are taught in school..positive and negative, proton and electron, evil & good, male and female,........but as far as I'm concerned, the same logic can be applied. Breaking things up seems to be one way of understanding concepts, that's all, but I feel it's important to not lose sight of the whole when doing so. Is this even on topic to your original post, I hope so. I don't mean to hijack your post with tangents, but if I could sum up the whole universe in a sentence, I would be writing something like the Tao, not posting on a message board.

You are right that things are not that solid. It is merely a way of trying to communicate higher plane thought into three dimensional thinking, most likely. I consider it more like everyone is their own fluid energy. The sexual polarity being one aspect of it, chaotic to ordered in nature, but it intermixes with the whole, creating a unique color of sexual flavor within each being. Some are simply more similar to others.

Nebthet wrote:I wonder if the older a being gets the more likely they are to be
bi-sexual or a-sexual. Possibly a bit transgender at times too, because
they like to be both sexes at different times. I would think that at
some point one just ignores all kinds of labels and just enjoys what
they like.
I would say it is likely (in the case of Guardians) for their sexual identity to become more solidified over time. Viperines never quite adapt to living in a physical body, but they are already balanced sexually, so they won't settle into one or another, constantly shifting in their chaotic nature. Concubines also are supposed to have a solid sexual identity, but their cycling of energy (including outside sexual energy) confuses it greatly at times.

I do wonder though, since the Guardian has the most solid sexual identity (most likely, assumed from the reading's descriptions of polarity), would incarnating into (lets say this hypothetical Guardian has female polarity) a male body make their sexual orientation that lifetime gay, because energetically they are still attracted to males? Or is physical gender unimportant in energetic attraction? Because there are women (in body) with male energy. Hypothetically, this female Guardian in a male body would be more attracted to the male energy... But I'm just running around in circles now. I don't have enough information. XD
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebthet 30.11.09 13:57

So because someone is not totally into the flesh thing that would make them more likely to have gender/ sexual shifting-ness? That is interesting!lol Though it makes sense to me. Reincarnation and Sexual Orientation Icon_smile

Nebthet
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBathory 05.12.09 12:19

Daniel09 wrote:Yes, I understand what you mean. I suppose the gender roles aren't really meaning the male and female sex, it is just a set of terms used to describe the general attitude of the energy. So aggressive energies are arbitrarily assigned the description of male, and passive energies are assigned female. Nothing to actually do with the genders, but the archetype works well to get the idea working in the mind so as to understand the concept of polarity. I work most of my idea on this from a quote in the Viperine Lineage section of the Asetian Bible:

Daniel, you tend to write things that end up lingering in my mind and making me think. I actually really appreciate it. In this case, you brought up how facets of a person, soul, personality, etc. are assigned qualities. And I think I did kind of bring this up in this post, but not to the degree that I've been considering it...Who am I? I think just as beings we don't know this very often and try to assign an already set up system to try to explain it, without looking within us 1st. You know, stripped of every single label that someone else has given me, questions like Who am I? What is my purpose? What do I like? are so much harder to answer than I ever imagined. I did try years ago, and I think I ended up giving up cause I just didn't have enough experience to truly say.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 05.12.09 13:33

ElizabethBathory wrote:Daniel, you tend to write things that end up lingering in my mind and making me think. I actually really appreciate it. In this case, you brought up how facets of a person, soul, personality, etc. are assigned qualities. And I think I did kind of bring this up in this post, but not to the degree that I've been considering it...Who am I? I think just as beings we don't know this very often and try to assign an already set up system to try to explain it, without looking within us 1st. You know, stripped of every single label that someone else has given me, questions like Who am I? What is my purpose? What do I like? are so much harder to answer than I ever imagined. I did try years ago, and I think I ended up giving up cause I just didn't have enough experience to truly say.

I was once at this point. But I reached a realization some time ago. The realization was that, I don't have to know who I am, what my purpose is, or what I like. Just about everything about a person is fluid, no matter who they are. I guarantee that you will not be the same person tomorrow that you were yesterday. All that there is, is the base desires, and ways to set about accomplishing them. Now, there is a deeper and more profound meaning to this. Once you realize your true desires that lie beneath the automatic responses to daily change, and realize exactly how you desire to accomplish them, you will discover quite a lot about yourself. It takes no experience really, to know who you are are. The simple truth is, you are who you are, and no one can tell you that, because only you know yourself. Once you know yourself, trust me, the wings of fire open up to the sky.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyprith 09.12.09 3:22

Would it be logical to assume that Asetian's don't always choose the same gender when they incarnate?
One of the main reasons to continue to reincarnate is to experience everything in life, which would include being Male, Female, Gay, Straight and Bisexual. I don't know if they can pick their sexual orientation before incarnating into a body, but most would agree that it's not a choice afterwards.

Lyprith
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down