Dreamer
Maxx
Laura
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Shape Shifting - Page 3 Empty Re: Shape Shifting

Post by A.Nightside 11.07.17 11:21

First, apologies for necroposting. I don't recall any rules or mentions against it, but many forums don't like it, so I'm of the habit of apologizing anyway.

Second, Thank you to a majority, if not all (only read the first page and a few of the final comments) of you. Those of you who state that physical shape shifting is not possible, or not likely possible. Seeing understanding of basic science is refreshing and so very nice. Many Otherkin, of course dream of being able to, and of course there are the few individuals, even a subsect sort of groups here and there who believe in it, but have yet to prove it.... It's just nice to see people speaking fact, and understanding reality.

Third:

Jonathan wrote:Personally, I believe that phantom fangs, tails and the like is all nonsense, but I hope not to insult anyone else around here that may think otherwise. It is just my personal opinion. As well as that most of the Otherkin community is filled with nonsense and ignorant people. Surely there are Otherkin beings out there, even the Asetian Bible tells us about Otherkin and different "races", however, I believe people usually take fantasy one step too far.

In what comes to phantom limbs and the like, I never thought of it being connected to possible shape-shifting, but now that you bring it up, it looks like an interesting possibility that I never realized. Usually I tend to explain phantom limbs and such situations by metaphysical conditions, as effects from strong metaphysical attacks or even remains from past life connections. But if it can be as well connected to astral/spiritual shape-shifting is a good question. Honestly I don't know but you made me think...

I know there were more comments about it, but this was the first I came across, so not so much directed to Jonathan but anyone interested.

First, many believe that the energy body, if not simply the aura, is malleable. With enough awareness and practice, it is believed that anyone can manipulate themselves to appear
any way they want. Some like to disguise themselves this way.

Second, Some believe that guides, totems, and various spiritual, third party, entities can or might communicate with their charge (?) via various "shift like" sensations, possibly including limbs.

Third, phantom limbs themselves. Most of the more outspoken crowd are spiritual in belief and regard their identity, as well as shifts (phantom et. al.) to be spiritual in origin and manifestation. It needs to be understood, that phantom limbs aren't ONLY spiritual (or at least not spiritual to all of those who experience them) Medical phantom limbs are often cited in support of this sensation, and while yes it's a reference, this is in reference to a limb that once physically existed, that the brain still has a "map" for. This can be considered psychological and/or neurological. The more accurate word for the sort of phantom limbs that Otherkin and Therians experience is called Supernumerary Phantom Limbs. This is a term for the sensation of a limb (and in cases of Otherkin/Therians, we often lumb fur, teeth, other organs and membranes as part of the "phantom shift" label) that never physically existed.

As said, many believe this is spiritual and voluntarily or involuntarily they believe their aura or energy body either always has this limb/form, and our mental awareness of it simply adjusts for whatever reason or fluctuates creating these parts every once in while that we experience. Then there's the psychological/neurological camp that says, whether there's a spiritual side to it or not, they believe their sensations are created by their brain (similar to medical phantom limbs, but the question of why and how is purely speculation right now).

As a side, and possibly relevant note, I only know of one indivdiual who claimed to have a phantom limb sensation while having an MRI done (the MRI was done for reasons unrelated to the individuals nonhuman identity, mind you). They reported confirmed brain activity while this sensation went on. So it's at least confirmed that "something" happened and that the sensation is legitimate, but again, why, how and what not, not proven or confirmed yet.

Also, things may have changed, but last I researched Supernumerary Phantom limbs, the only reports I could find involved levels of psychosis and the limbs being a problem, rather than simply just there, or even voluntarily controlled. One specific report described a woman who had the sensation of a third, foreign, arm growing out of her chest, she experienced distress and believed this arm attacked her, or attempted to; Whereas Otherkin generally, at worse, experience a level of dysphoria due to their limb not being physical, but the limb itself is not threatening, malicious nor do we experience it as foreign.

I suppose my point is, spiritually, it depends on your belief and involves some level of faith, if you do not experience it directly or through observation. Psychologically/Neurologically, there is some support/evidence for the phenomenon, but actual proof and further confirmed details not so much.
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2017-06-07

http://reality-of-identity.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NECROVAMP 20.05.18 18:49

I have a beard right now and i most definitely look more like a wolf than a vampire. In all seriousness though, i find shape shifting to be a fascinating topic and think the possibilities are there. Seems to be a little far fetched, but there are some animals that can actually change their shape.

[Researchers in Ecuador recently reported a new species of frog that can change its skin texture from spiny to smooth – the first ever case of a shape-shifting vertebrate. Survival by being camouflaged from an attacker, such as moths that resemble fallen leaves, or even help to attract prey - a tactic the orchid mantis uses.] excerpt in parenthesis from academic research site theconversation.com
NECROVAMP
NECROVAMP
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2018-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 29.05.18 18:24

But that's only skin - texture, not actually changing it's shape. camouflage usually exists without change, but in some species is simply a fluctuation of chemicals.

Caterpillars almost literally dissolve their entire bodies into goo.

It's just not possible for humans.
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2017-06-07

http://reality-of-identity.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CREdarkness 11.10.18 4:03

Shapeshifting is either by design or it isn’t.

If someone or something is experiencing shapeshifting which causes anything like psychosis, dysphoria, delirium, physical pain, or if the shapeshifting exhibits anything of unhealth, then it is either a health matter, a deformity somewhere in the existence (possibly hereditary in some way), or a curse of some sort.

Jonathan’s point about remains from past life connections is a good one I wouldn’t have thought of, and doesn’t fall into either category (being neither by design, or of illness).

And NECROVAMP, I’m not sure what a beard would have to do with shapeshifting, unless you are female... or you truly feel you look like a werewolf? 🤧🕯🌚🥩
CREdarkness
CREdarkness
Banned

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2018-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3