lucienvonwolfe
AnaInDark
Kahina
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fear of God, Fear of Hell Empty Fear of God, Fear of Hell

Post by AnaInDark 14.01.10 19:32

Upon my arrival today at a local metaphysical store, I was greeted ever so kindly by the pagan shop owners. After my purchase I exited the store and was walking by a great cathedral near there. Just as I was thinking in the back of my mind how kind and open minded those shop owner women were, I was greeted by a woman, who must have been in her 50's, standing by the great cathedral, handing out some sort of paper. In my tries not to be arrogant as usual and walk by ignoring the usual advertisement, I paid attention to her and greeted her back. Of course, I knew what she was going to offer me.

She then began to talk, telling me that she wanted to invite me to the teachings of the lord, and to teach me more about God. After allowing her to speak for about two minutes, she noticed I am wearing the Egyptian Ankh as a pendant. Of course, she noticed what symbol it was instantly. And, I waited, precisely for her to notice it, before "testing her". Then I said to her in the most casual tone, to see her reaction "I don't believe in God... and I don't know God. But thank you for the offer."

That is when her face began to express the most rage. Her cheeks went rosy. Her eyes grew wider... her mouth almost opened. She didn't know what to say. When I noticed I got what I needed to see, to know how a human in my face would react to my decision, I turned around and approached to leave. That is when I heard her say "May Lord have his mercy upon your lost soul.". I couldn't stand her insult, and yes, I did find it very, very insulting... but I turned around with a smile and said "My Goddess keeps me safe, and that is all I need, thank you.", and continued to walk, after taking another look at her red face.

Forgive me for the long story, but it was needed in order for me to ask this question properly... Why do people seem to fear God so much? Why can't they just say "Oh, well, thank you for your time" and let things go? It feels as if this woman, instead of offering this, was mocking me that I am not a follower of her path. Do they fear God? Do they fear hell? What goes through their minds, as they do and say such things?

Regards,
Ana
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-09-11

http://www.twitter.com/AnaInDark

Back to top Go down

Fear of God, Fear of Hell Empty Re: Fear of God, Fear of Hell

Post by lucienvonwolfe 14.01.10 21:00

I believe they fear God as this is what they have been programmed to do. In their mind, it's ok to be angry, to insult others, even murder others as long as it's for God. They seem to lose their bearing when denied as they see this as a "victory for Satan". In essence, that makes you an enemy of God, and thus, their enemy. They are not to be reasoned with, nor will they acknowledge their hypocritical thought process. I'm surprised she didn't hit you in the back of the head with a bible haha. Well done!
lucienvonwolfe
lucienvonwolfe
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-11

http://lvonwolfe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahina 14.01.10 21:01

Greetings dear Ana,

I must say: Yes they fear.
They fear the God, they fear the Hell, they fear the Pain, they fear the Unknown.

Do you already noticed that people are often guided by the Fear, any kind of Fear?
This woman was frightened by your Symbol. And perhaps, she doesn't know what it means exactly.
Maybe told her something bad about this Symbol, and she considered this like true, without doing any research.

This is something which is already mechanized in people,
make them believe in everything without question.
Make them believe that they are punished, and that they will suffer, if they don't follow what is "right".

And Fear is born...

Blessings,
Kahina.
Kahina
Kahina
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 14.01.10 21:09

lucienvonwolfe wrote:In essence, that makes you an enemy of God, and thus, their enemy.
I understand this, but don't you agree that to be the enemy of God, you must first believe in him? You can't be an enemy to what you know does not exist...

lucienvonwolfe wrote:I'm surprised she didn't hit you in the back of the head with a bible haha.
Hahaha That would be a very bad choice, considering what I carry around with me when I am out. Wink
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 14.01.10 21:10

I agree with you Kahina... people fear the Unknown.
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 14.01.10 22:11

It is sad how people attack others because of their personal beliefs. Personally I know many people who are Muslims and who are Christians, but I never tell them my personal views on God, unless they ask me my views. I am not here to attack anyone for believing in God, or even to share my personal beliefs unless I am asked, because it may just offend them if I, out of the blue, say that I don't believe in God.

I hope for a better and more open-minded future. Where people, even if they disagree, will find the honor to keep themselves from insulting and attacking others.
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by lucienvonwolfe 14.01.10 23:07

AnaInDark wrote:I understand this, but don't you agree that to be the enemy of God, you must first believe in him? You can't be an enemy to what you know does not exist...

Absolutely! You & I may agree on this but to those who can't see beyond the pulpit it isn't rational to think there are those who don't believe. Any denial of God makes you the Devil's advocate.

I lived much of my life in the bible belt and have dealt with this twisted mentality. While we can laugh about it (they are hilarious!), they can be quite dangerous.
lucienvonwolfe
lucienvonwolfe
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-11

http://lvonwolfe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 14.01.10 23:50

What you say makes sense, I can understand it a bit more now. The problem is, I did not grow up around people who forced me into a religion. I grew up with a voice, where no one was able to tell me what I should believe in. So, many times I can't understand what goes through "their mind" when they do such things, because I did not grow up dealing with such people.

And yes, people like that can be very dangerous.
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 15.01.10 15:03

Oh yes, most humans live in fear, even when they are not aware of their own fear. That is mostly why there are so many people against vampires and the occult in general. People fear what they don't understand. It's the typical fear of the unknown. Reason why so many disrespect and insult the Asetians with their rudeness. It is an expression of ignorance and intolerance, even among so many self-professed "vampires".
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleina 01.07.10 21:46

Ana, what an experience.

Of course they fear hell and God, even though their God is supposed to be merciful and loving. How merciful is that, right? Evil or Very Mad Burning those who have the mind of their own and are not sheeps to follow the rest of the crowd.

Make that argument next time. If their God is so merciful and kind-hearted, then why does he create us, with our own minds, to then play with us like some worthless doll, burning us in fire unless we obey him? If he wanted us to obey him, I am sure he'd have the power to crate our minds as well. Wink
Aleina
Aleina
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-10-25

http://www.twitter.com/AleinaTheBitten

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyDeathcard 04.08.10 10:00

It is very sad that some people will be so ignorant as to dislike all because of different religious veiws, clearly that women was either afraid of god or afraid she'd go to hell. But the most saddest thing is that most, i won't say all but most christians tend to be very hypocritical. I mean people of a different religion aren't causing any harm to you so let them be, we weren't given religious freedom for nothing. another reason for my loathing of my parents is they dislike anyone with a different religion, which is making my transition to asetian difficult.
BreezyDeathcard
BreezyDeathcard
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001414161223#!/BreezyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura 04.08.10 10:53

I grew up in a very (VERY) catholic family. And what the church does is brain wash you into fearing everything.... One begins to fear carnal love, people who think differently, any action you might do cuz it will comden you. Well, you get the picture....
The question is, why would the church want people to see and feel that way about heir god? I think that in this case the church finds it easier to be feared than loved. Fear will unite people and not make them think for themselves. If the chuch is claiming to have the only god and the only child of god... they really do not want people to think for themselves and see that there are Gods and real Children of the Gods. It would eliminate their claim to power.... So if you can not make them Love you (because you have the wrong reasons and claim things that are wrong and against the people you are "leading") then make them fear you.....
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by godofbattle 04.08.10 19:03

Christians always say anything that does not have to do with the belief in their god is satanic. Which is not always true at all. It is simply a threat to their system of fear. I don't understand how people can fear carnal love. As a person who is born with the ability to simply touch someone with their finger tips and give carnal pleasure by a simple touch ( just like many others) I've always found the fear of such a natural thing.
godofbattle
godofbattle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by godofbattle 04.08.10 19:04

I have always found it pointless
godofbattle
godofbattle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by AndreiaLi 04.08.10 19:27

Regarding Catholicism, Blavatsky wrote that they (the catholic church) in fact, were worshiping Moloch as "The" God eheheh
AndreiaLi
AndreiaLi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumig 16.10.11 13:10

Catholic Church contradicts itself so many often...
the funny part is that their acolytes don't know much about their bible... altough some attend church on a daily base scratch , the ironic part is that if they read it, they knew they would go to hell... if we speak about monotheism Suspect
So they probably just follow blindly and don't even question at all... it's like one herd with one mind only.

And the most annoying part (to other people) is that they feel they are earning their place in heaven by gathering more sheeps to the herd...

It's always funny to question them using their bible as example and see how some fail to reply.

But If I can, I try to avoid discussions, it's like telling them "convince me then", so sometimes saying "Hi...Bye" might sound rude but it's only as fair as their arrogance in trying to make people believe in the same they believe. Neutral
Lumig
Lumig
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet_Verum 16.10.11 14:17

Its not God that people fear, it is the force that speaks for God, the "holy" men that have created fear. But they have not come to realize this. Has God ever stated that if you don't go to church every Sunday you are damned? No.. but the people who profit from the church have.
Actually it's kind of funny, in the old testament God tells you to go to your closet and pray, not go to a large communion where everyone knows what you're praying for.
I don't believe in the peoples' God. And I'm honestly not sure if at this point I even believe in a God. But I believe in a higher consciousness.. even if that means that higher consciousness is a demon, Lucifer, and angel, god/godess, or just an omnipresent being of pure energy and wisdom.
Any which way you believe in a God figure, its not going to church every Sunday, or accepting Jesus Christ as your savior, that is the single and only way of bring yourself closer to the beginning, and the highest power. It may work for some people, and I respect that, but I begin to lose my respect when it is shoved down the throughts of others.
Violet_Verum
Violet_Verum
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 16.10.11 16:28

Jonathan wrote:Oh yes, most humans live in fear, even when they are not aware of their own fear. That is mostly why there are so many people against vampires and the occult in general. People fear what they don't understand. It's the typical fear of the unknown. Reason why so many disrespect and insult the Asetians with their rudeness. It is an expression of ignorance and intolerance, even among so many self-professed "vampires".

Very True, my friend.

Well .. As some of you I also have a very religious family in the Christian path. I even had a Christian education, baptized too. Anyway, i have no sure if i agree with what some of you say. The fear was imposed by someone with the purpose of Control the world and the Respect was removed by be an Anti-Asetian value. (The Djehuty of the Crocodile was dominated in this era). It was through fear that the honor is gone, people started doing things in secret for no one know. they invented the secrets as something very bad and should be confessed to God or Otherwise they would burn in hell or be killed. Was a time that they left the courage to offline mode to gain cowardice, in fact, i see religiousness as something cynical and selfish without any type of connection with Spiritual path and Self. We do not learn anything except worship. Of course, i am not talking about all people that lives their lives in religion way, i respect them, some of them are innocent and honest, they involve their emotions with all their forces to obey the word of God.

Back to subject, The Christians people see Satan as something very bad with many anger and only wants souls to hell live with him. Interesting.. According to Bible, God kill 2,476,633 people and Satan only 10. Seems that Satan is more wise than God, God likes alot of Blood. It's funny, some of them are against Vampires and have a God that only wanted blood, even Christ gave his blood to save the world in the name of God. The vision that they have of God is wrong, is a vision invented, created. Nothing to do with reality. A God can't be worshiped causing fear to the people, people decide if love God in their own volition.. Not living a lie.

Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 16.10.11 17:44

*Respect was removed by be an value of Asetian.*
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Hierophant 16.10.11 17:49

Lumig wrote:Catholic Church contradicts itself so many often...
Lumig wrote:
It's always funny to question them using their bible as example and see how some fail to reply.

Lumig, remember the Catholic Church is not a literalist Bible Believing denomination. Just like the Eastern Orthodox they defer to the teachings of the elders. Also the Catholics have the Papalcy.

So testing them by the bible is a waste of time. The idea that the bible is all Christians believe is a Protestant belief. It also seems to be part of what Americans Believe. I've discussed things with American Catholics who adopt protestant ideas. Which is very strange.

So the idea that the Bible is the final word of God is a protestant idea...and seems to be very American these days. Ask an American Atheist and he seems to think that is the same as well.

If we were to examine it, we would find out of all the denominations that Catholics are closest to the old Pagan faiths, the old way of thinking.

Black and white thinking, fundamentalism, literalism.... is a cancer to polite society. I abhor it.

Hierophant
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet_Verum 16.10.11 19:01

Hierophant wrote:Black and white thinking, fundamentalism, literalism.... is a cancer to polite society. I abhor it.
I very much agree
Violet_Verum
Violet_Verum
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumig 17.10.11 6:59

Hierophant wrote:
Lumig, remember the Catholic Church is not a literalist Bible Believing denomination. Just like the Eastern Orthodox they defer to the teachings of the elders. Also the Catholics have the Papalcy.
So testing them by the bible is a waste of time.

Greetings, Hierophant.

Yes, you're right, completely forgot about the Pope. Also it hit me that the catholic people I was talking about, never ever mentioned the bible to me, just the teachings. The thing is, that for me it was all implied, but I guess I was mistaken.

Hierophant wrote:
So the idea that the Bible is the final word of God is a protestant idea...and seems to be very American these days. Ask an American Atheist and he seems to think that is the same as well.
Now that you mention it, yes it is, they put God in everything these days.

Hierophant wrote:
Black and white thinking, fundamentalism, literalism.... is a cancer to polite society. I abhor it.

Agree, specially the black and white thinking issue, it seems that they are afraid to think a little, or don't want to think at all. But all those are well demonstrated on Bill Maher's "Religulous" , ever watched it?
Lumig
Lumig
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by sikvdili 16.06.13 22:25

I am a theistic Satanist who lives up the road from a catholic church, for the first few months of living there I actually lied in saying I am catholic to get free coffee, lol...

As soon as I revealed my beliefs they became almost hostile to my appearance, I live in a drug neighbourhood and I heard a rumour that I am a satanic drug dealer and pimp....

wanna know how I reacted? I fed the flame, I confronted some of the people I suspected and told them they forgot to mention I breathe fire and that I baptise in a bath of hatred evil stuff, while making voodoo dolls of you and your mother.

Western christianity is a religion of fear, I don't do anybody favours in that respect, neither should you... lol
sikvdili
sikvdili
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-05-02

http://orsascha.boards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 16.06.13 23:01

Possibly you have not learned to use light as well as darkness in your magic by finding a balance between the two.....to operate within the framework of the darkness all the time without the balance of the light.....would be like living in a universe like the Christian cults talk about.....it would be like a diabetic eating sugar for every meal...it would make one sick, sick, sick.....dualism presents an opportunity to experience balance....
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 18.06.13 6:40

Duality is indeed essential in advanced magickal practice. Only by accepting both ends, light and darkness, you can master each individually.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next