JSP
Shemset
Syrianeh
Daniel09
Jonathan
Natalia
10 posters

Go down

Vampires.com Article on Asetian Vampires Empty Vampires.com Article on Asetian Vampires

Post by Natalia 15.02.11 5:14

I want to share an article that was recently posted on Vampires.com, as it discusses Asetian vampires and gives some background information on the Order and their spiritual system.

http://www.vampires.com/aset-ka-secretive-order-of-vampires/

It is very uncommon to see an unbiased article published on an American website that isn't throwing flames at the Aset Ka, or even more common, trying to cover up for their very existence. So this move from the editors at Vampires.com was like a breath of fresh air, in a community more often than not controlled by commercial agendas, bloated egos and dishonest manipulation.

I'm just curious as who might have written this text, and if it may be someone we know. Clearly whoever was has done his homework and gathered information in his research that might take time to compile. So we are not dealing with an ignorant on vampire culture.

Although very basic, I still feel the article brings something positive to the community, especially newcomers, as for once it expresses Asetian spirituality without bias or personal interest in exploiting it.

'Natalia'
Natalia
Natalia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Vampires.com Article on Asetian Vampires Empty Re: Vampires.com Article on Asetian Vampires

Post by Jonathan 15.02.11 5:46

Thanks for sharing the article. I agree with most of what you said about it. It does seem to be the work of a knowledgeable researcher. It is nice to see that the cover up and lies from certain individuals don't reach everywhere.

Interesting detail, it is the first article on the Aset Ka that I see featuring an actual photograph, certainly of Porto. Such a beautiful city, I have heard a lot about its mysteries. I wonder if the place in the photograph is actually related with the influence of the Aset Ka in that city.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Vampires.com Article on Asetian Vampires Empty Re: Vampires.com Article on Asetian Vampires

Post by Daniel09 15.02.11 9:48

I am definitely impressed with the article. It doesn't even have a hint of condescending tone from the author and sounds like a completely respectable overview of Asetians and the Aset Ka.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 15.02.11 15:40

It is, indeed, a very good and thorough article and I applaud the author "R.T." for it.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemset 15.02.11 16:18

What a coincidence, a few days ago I found the site while I was trying not to get bored (without much result, though).

Well, I'm almost sure that the person who wrote this read the Asetian Bible. And according to the writter will have more posts about Asetianism...

Honestly, I don't know if that kind of publicity in a site like this (full of series and fictional books stuff) is a good thing.
Shemset
Shemset
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JSP 15.02.11 18:52

Jonathan wrote:Interesting detail, it is the first article on the Aset Ka that I see featuring an actual photograph, certainly of Porto. Such a beautiful city, I have heard a lot about its mysteries. I wonder if the place in the photograph is actually related with the influence of the Aset Ka in that city.

I thought of that too when I saw it, so I asked around and found that it's the Porto Cathedral ("Sé do Porto") - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oporto_Cathedral

Besides being a Romanesque building with Gothic features, I don't see any resemblance (not obvious, at least) with the influence of the Aset Ka. But it's a very old building and it's located on the old/historical part of the city, so I wouldn't doubt it =)

JSP
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-26

http://jsplollypop.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 16.02.11 14:34

I can see your point Shemset, though I have not looked around on that site.

Overall, it was a decent article.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemset 17.02.11 6:06

JSP wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Interesting detail, it is the first article on the Aset Ka that I see featuring an actual photograph, certainly of Porto. Such a beautiful city, I have heard a lot about its mysteries. I wonder if the place in the photograph is actually related with the influence of the Aset Ka in that city.

I thought of that too when I saw it, so I asked around and found that it's the Porto Cathedral ("Sé do Porto") - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oporto_Cathedral

Besides being a Romanesque building with Gothic features, I don't see any resemblance (not obvious, at least) with the influence of the Aset Ka. But it's a very old building and it's located on the old/historical part of the city, so I wouldn't doubt it =)

I think the cathedral actually have a templar/freemason influence, after all Portugal (Porto-do-Graal) is also a important place for this christians movements and known for his kings that were followers of those traditions, as can be seen in that wikipedia article.
Shemset
Shemset
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by AndreiaLi 17.02.11 6:42

The article is definitely a breath of fresh air and it explains well the basics.
The pic is very very small but for what I can see it is Sé do Porto, a very old church.
AndreiaLi
AndreiaLi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 19.02.11 4:33

I agree with what has been said on this article. Truth is, it doesn't present anything new to most of us, but it is well written, honest and accurate, making it a reliable introduction to anyone new looking for the basics on the Aset Ka. It was a positive effort from the author, well researched and a step in the right direction.

I also agree that it is a breath of fresh air among all the lies and misinformation that are spread online concerning the Aset Ka. As usual, it was funny to watch the online "vampires" all tickling with this article and going around in circles about it in different sites. It is always a pleasure to watch the power the Asetian energy holds over the weaker minds...
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalia 19.02.11 8:45

Just wanted to share what I have observed in the vampire community news group from facebook. A very interesting realization in psychological terms. I believe many can learn from these examples in order to avoid the holes where others have fallen.

I will give just 3 examples, and in each explain the underlaying problem it represents:

-First: The user Rhea Nekhebet mentions how she read the Asetian Bible, found it so interesting and tried to contact the author as well as other Asetians to ask "questions". As she didn't manage to get much in return, and also didn't manage to gain access to their inner circles, she then assumed there was nothing to learn, and labelled the AB as "nothing new". Interesting that it was something new and special to the point of driving her in trying to contact the author and gain access to inner circles, but since she got that denied, she gave up. Ironic that this user, after breaking on the first door she encountered and first obstacle, she lost interest, but labels herself in her own websites and accounts as an Asetian. Interesting lack of coherence. This is the first problem, and an indicator of some people's lack of ability to understand occult culture. People expect to have knowledge and wisdom handed down to them, as if they are something important worthy of the Universe to give them free access to all gnosis. They would be better off in the Right Hand Path, where most magick is practiced as kitchen recipe books, step by step, easy to access and learn. People don't understand the importance of initiation in order to progress through a path of self-development and enlightenment. This initiation isn't easy, and this doesn't just apply to Asetianism, but to every other serious occult tradition. Most covens on traditional witchcraft also set their ladders of development through a system of metaphysical initiation. It isn't something easy. It is a long road of self discovery and learning, with many obstacles along the way for the initiate to conquer, and through them, to conquer his own Self. That is the only way to grasp into the mysteries of the Universe and learn the laws of nature. Everything that is immediate and simple ends up being shallow and superficial. The attitude of buying a book and expecting to get all the answers from its author represents such a spiritual immaturity that is very present in these New Age circles and I thought important to mention so that others can benefit from those examples.

-Second: The user Belfazaar Ashantison mentions that he knows the Aset Ka and has been in contact with their members, explaining to others that Asetianism professes physical immortality. He also teaches that you have to pay in order to be a part of the Aset Ka and that you must buy a book to be a vampire. I would not understand why someone would blatantly lie like this except for the weak attempt at people seeing him as someone with insight into a mystery society. Clearly, his insight is none, as all his affirmations are not only lies, as anyone with a basic understanding of the Asetian tradition would know better. Asetianism is about spiritual immortality, enlightenment and development through knowledge and understanding. There is nothing physical about it. Also, membership in the Aset Ka not only is not through payment, as the Aset Ka does not even accept membership proposals like every other group. They invite only, and they do so very rarely, never under any form of payments. Then the lie about buying a book, does not even need much explanation, as we all know the Asetian Bible is a public book that anyone can buy and can't make anyone a vampire. In fact, Asetians have their own private versions of the AB as well as inner texts the public does not have access to. Claiming that anyone in the Asetian community may believe that buying a book can turn them into a vampire is laughable at best, and maybe the result of confusion from his own roleplaying background in contrast with the solid metaphysical knowledge that most Asetianists hold. In this case, the example serves as a message to newcomers, to be aware of their surroundings and be careful with what they read, as most people online will lie to make them seem important, alleging access to secretive groups and hidden knowledge so others would look up to them. Remember that most people online making such claims and trying to teach others are no experts in the occult and vampirism, but simply regular people with internet access and bored with their own life.

-Third: Last example is from the user Astral Chylde Kinesia, who contributed with the following message:
"Why people have to make vampirism into a religion is beyond me. Next there'll be one for Allergies or Diabetes!"
This shows an inherent problem with the mindset of many users of the mentioned community and why they criticize Asetianism. They see vampirism as a physical condition, in her wording, something like an allergy or diabetes. In other words, a disease. No one sees anything good or empowering about allergies and diabetes. This view is entirely opposed to the Asetian belief. In Asetianism vampirism is not only a spiritual path of enlightenment, as it is a definitive condition of the soul. It is nothing physical, it is no handicap, no disease and no problem. Vampirism is their own enlightenment. It takes a lot of maturity and sense of spirituality to understand Asetianism, to study it and to embrace it. Anyone centered around the physical aspects and who sees vampirism as a disease and physical condition will never hold the mental and spiritual tools to understand something as deep and complex as the Asetian culture. This example works as a note of caution on the misconceptions found around vampirism and for people to do their own research instead of listening to every other theory found online on the subject. A good reference for starters would be the article explaining and defining real vampirism published by the Aset Ka on their official website, as it clears many of the common misconceptions. Link: http://www.asetka.org/vampirism.shtml

There are countless other examples in this discussion from their facebook page, that resulted in a flood of opinions and arguments as it always does when the subject is related to Asetianism.

From a psychological analysis, these are all good indicators on why they are such a dysfunctional community that spends their time fighting amongst themselves through immature arguments instead of spending some valuable time actually learning just a little bit about real vampirism.
When they started to ignorantly gang up on the article page from Vampires.com, the website admins saw right through them. Warned them twice and then just closed further comments to cease their nonsense. I guess that even "regular humans" are wiser than supposed "vampires of the community". What a shame to the image of the real vampire. Things like this only give vampires a bad name among serious occult circles.
The most hilarious thing is that they actually talk about teaching others, when they are constantly spreading nonsense and the ones needing a broad lesson on metaphysics and vampirism. Is everyone certain that stupidity doesn't spread as a disease? Evil or Very Mad

Just a small reference worthy of note for those that may be new to the community: these groups from facebook and other forums entitle themselves "the vampire community", but they are only the ONLINE vampire community, most of them centered around roleplay and delusion. They do not represent the REAL vampire community, the ones taken seriously by occultists in real life. The examples above attest to such lack of authenticity, as no occultist, coven or order would tolerate those behaviours. It deserves to be mentioned that not all who delve into vampire mysticism and magick lack the same level of maturity, but for the most part are balanced and coherent individuals, with a good understanding on the mechanics of their practices and dedicated to the learning of all forms of knowledge. Like the Asetians say, it is a constant quest for perfection.

NOTE: My views, opinions and judgments do not attempt to express the ones from the Order of Aset Ka or the community at large. I do not pretend to speak for the Asetians or, like those examples above, pass my own views as the opinions of others as generalized thought. I speak my own mind and my words should be taken as only that.

'Natalia'
Natalia
Natalia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 19.02.11 8:46

I agree with you Victor!

I think it is fascinating to watch the haters be so moved by the subject of the Asetians. I see the haters as pawns, and that it is expected that those pawns have their own little moves to make, which were predetermined in the grand scheme of things. Maybe! As the AB tells us, 'we welcome and expect criticism.' And, that is something that I remember when I feel myself getting offended and annoyed whenever these folks start up. That very thought reminds me not to get angry, but instead have a little chuckle as these folks will come out of the woodwork making fools of themselves. Every time we get annoyed and offended, shaken, and so on from the chaos (we can even see it happen here) it makes us grow stronger in our own circle, thus making us more determined and resilient in our beliefs.

It is rather curious, as those whom were making negative comments on the article page, took it over to Face Book and are continuing with their bashing. A friend showed it to me yesterday, and I've concluded that clearly these folks are incapable of any form of intelligent dialogue on such matters. There are over 200 comments and they keep on coming. Perhaps I may march in, wave my burning little red pitch fork and say something bizarre on the thread since intelligent comments do not encourage intelligent conversation with these folks as they only want to hate.

Have a look at the thread, scroll down as it was started on Monday, and you will notice it as soon as you see the picture of the dark mark.
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_168232149883059#!/home.php?sk=group_168232149883059

Maybe some of you will be more familiar with the names on the FB thread, but I really am not as I tend to stick to our circle. For example: this Belfazaar guy claims that you must pay the AK $250 for immortality, blah, blah, blah. So yeah, the ridiculous comments are shameful. They couldn't just leave a good thing alone. Sad
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 19.02.11 8:48

Natalia, we posted our responses only seconds apart, and we are both talking about FB. This is funny! Smile
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 19.02.11 8:58

Natalia, your post is a superb effort to explain common problems and misrepresentations found within the online community. I commend you for your effort and taking the time out of your busy schedule to write so extensively with the commitment for truth in mind.

I applaud you and Augusta for having the mind to go through all that, as I was checking it days ago and didn't have the patience to read through all of it as it was clear the direction it was heading. I just wish to point that not everyone in that community is ignorant and problematic, as like everywhere else, there is also good and decent people capable of a mature and enlightened discussion. They might be rare, but they are still there, and if you notice some even liked the article and made good comments on it. Their community is very diverse and doesn't have an identity, so while what we see are the loud voices of those who attack Asetianism out of their own ignorance and lack of wisdom, there are also people who remain silent but that recognize the value of the Asetian culture. We can't tag the whole community as one, but for the most part your opinions and references are quite accurate.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sybil Mason 19.02.11 9:06

I hope the community doesn't mind but I am locking this thread. It will remain sticky for further reference but I believe there is no need to be added further ashes to the fire. The presented opinions are valid and worthy of reference, but I just don't wish for this to raise heated debate as the center of discussion was the article on the Aset Ka and its value for the Vampire Community. Facts speak for themselves, as it happened with the discussions in the article webpage.

Thank you for your opinions and for sharing your views. We value them greatly.

Sybil Mason
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2011-02-02

https://www.vampirismforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down