Initiation speech, by Sabazius

3 posters

Go down

Initiation speech, by Sabazius Empty Initiation speech, by Sabazius

Post by N.Augusta 16.09.12 7:15

Just thought that I would share this as initiation is a subject that fascinates me and that I take very seriously. I think it is a great topic to open up for discussion and to exchange our very own understandings of the topic as well as to open up questions.

http://hermetic.com/sabazius/SbSpeech4.htm

You may just want to read from this paragraph onward or read the whole thing.

"The word 'initiation' signifies a beginning, a beginning of something new; but it also signifies an induction into some sort of system, whether that system be a particular spiritual, occupational, or academic discipline, or an institution of some sort, or even a stage of development. In any case, the initiate encounters transformation through the action of a pre-existent medium. The initiate chooses to set foot on a new path; but the path itself was already there in some form – what is new is the fact that this particular initiate is now walking on it. Initiation is the beginning of something new, and it is the conservation and renewal of something already established. "The more things change, the more they stay the same," or so they say."
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Initiation speech, by Sabazius Empty Re: Initiation speech, by Sabazius

Post by schitzophobic 16.09.12 10:54

Initiation rights are something that have interested me as well... this article is quite interesting however I think he missed the how... a lot of what they do and why they are there... but the how they work part...
I think part of the change that occurs happens because of the extreme emotions present during such a ceremony... some of them focussed so heavily on trust... others focused on opening the mind or something... so much emphasis and power put towards the desired effect that even subconsciously one picks up and dwells on it for that time... I find when the subconscious dwells on something it often effects conscious behaviors and desires to enable it to continue doing so... thus in a way causing all the lasting effects brought on by the initiation...

I must admit I have not seen an initiation with a purposeful spiritual component first hand so I can not begin to rationalize the process by which this effect would be applied...
schitzophobic
schitzophobic
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 17.09.12 20:24

@N. Augusta....

I thought you might be interested in looking over this site and blog.

http://ankhafnakhonsu.net/
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 18.09.12 17:20

Schitzophobic, I understand, but remember, it is a speech and there are time limits involved too. Still, a good speech, but he is fascinating to listen to and I enjoy reading his public writings. I guess the how part, he couldn't go into. I agree with what you say though about initiations.

Uncle Fester, thank you for the link. Good stuff for me to read. Smile
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down