What Constitutes an Honorable Path?

2 posters

Go down

What Constitutes an Honorable Path?  Empty What Constitutes an Honorable Path?

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 26.07.22 11:26

Sometimes we make mistakes - naturally - that lead to worse situations. Sometimes the dishonor that we inflict upon others might not be felt as such to ourselves as we're self-righteous in our own views. However situations can in cases be very complex and things elude one. Sometimes we even lose access to the navigation of the honor within us, if it is so found at any time to begin with. To an Asetianist, and to Asetianism as a whole, honor is such a vital hallmark. I can't honestly say that I've always lived up to this, as a prime exemplar by any means - and to even think of it so egoically might be a counter paradox or an oxymoron, where the notion has to be devoid of egoic self-aggrandizement. However, in my view, one should always strive to do their best and act with a decent example or at least try to, but this isn't an excuse to fall short. Yet sometimes we do fall short. I think a fall is, indeed, a ladder to greater heights... because the combustion of what was old... triggered by the explosion of the fall, landing into the gun powder of life's unfortunate situations that blow up in the flames of our mistakes, catapult us - potentially at least - far and away into deeper self-reflection, "Am I truly pursuing the right road? Am I at all honorable in the way I wish to be or should be?", etc. - even if there are no exact outside impositions but only our inner freedom of choice and its implicit responsibility. These painstaking questions, however, can lead one unto greater renewal of our own minds and hearts. The ego always has the possibility of going too far awry due to its blinding, deceptive or self-deluding nature. But, it is in later overcoming that ego, having let our life use it as a form of ladder in itself, cautiously and observant from a place of rigorous self-awareness, to reach for better things, that we can truly be liberated into a clearer way where true honor manifests. A doomed ego is an ego unwilling to better itself. An ego that betters itself later has the possibility of more easily being overcome... because it itself understands that it must be overcome, theoretically at least... which enables our further practice of doing so, for we are not the ego, and needn't be conditioned by it, even if it ultimately fears its own demise.

My question is open-ended... I don't think there's any text-book example that can be given to what honor is for instance or at least not a hundred percent exactly necessarily, even if there are great exemplars of it both inside and outside of this community, but as it has to truly manifest from within and flourish in absolute freedom and be bound to certain personal interpretation capable of unveiling it. But that might lead us to our personal interpretations, or viewpoints, then, that can be shared for the sake of possible edification or just the mutual rumination of thought: what constitutes an honorable path, in your views?
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

What Constitutes an Honorable Path?  Empty Re: What Constitutes an Honorable Path?

Post by Tiet 06.08.22 13:34

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:Sometimes we make mistakes - naturally - that lead to worse situations. Sometimes the dishonor that we inflict upon others might not be felt as such to ourselves as we're self-righteous in our own views. However situations can in cases be very complex and things elude one. Sometimes we even lose access to the navigation of the honor within us, if it is so found at any time to begin with. To an Asetianist, and to Asetianism as a whole, honor is such a vital hallmark. I can't honestly say that I've always lived up to this, as a prime exemplar by any means - and to even think of it so egoically might be a counter paradox or an oxymoron, where the notion has to be devoid of egoic self-aggrandizement. However, in my view, one should always strive to do their best and act with a decent example or at least try to, but this isn't an excuse to fall short. Yet sometimes we do fall short. I think a fall is, indeed, a ladder to greater heights... because the combustion of what was old... triggered by the explosion of the fall, landing into the gun powder of life's unfortunate situations that blow up in the flames of our mistakes, catapult us - potentially at least - far and away into deeper self-reflection, "Am I truly pursuing the right road? Am I at all honorable in the way I wish to be or should be?", etc. - even if there are no exact outside impositions but only our inner freedom of choice and its implicit responsibility. These painstaking questions, however, can lead one unto greater renewal of our own minds and hearts. The ego always has the possibility of going too far awry due to its blinding, deceptive or self-deluding nature. But, it is in later overcoming that ego, having let our life use it as a form of ladder in itself, cautiously and observant from a place of rigorous self-awareness, to reach for better things, that we can truly be liberated into a clearer way where true honor manifests. A doomed ego is an ego unwilling to better itself. An ego that betters itself later has the possibility of more easily being overcome... because it itself understands that it must be overcome, theoretically at least... which enables our further practice of doing so, for we are not the ego, and needn't be conditioned by it, even if it ultimately fears its own demise.

My question is open-ended... I don't think there's any text-book example that can be given to what honor is for instance or at least not a hundred percent exactly necessarily, even if there are great exemplars of it both inside and outside of this community, but as it has to truly manifest from within and flourish in absolute freedom and be bound to certain personal interpretation capable of unveiling it. But that might lead us to our personal interpretations, or viewpoints, then, that can be shared for the sake of possible edification or just the mutual rumination of thought: what constitutes an honorable path, in your views?

speak always with the Ka from Ba ...maybe it/s not diplomatic but is what Aset wants
Tiet
Tiet
Banned

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2020-07-19

Back to top Go down

What Constitutes an Honorable Path?  Empty Re: What Constitutes an Honorable Path?

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 06.08.22 14:15

I think you're onto something, undeniably. Interestingly enough, I think there's no Heka without this. For anyone to master such secretive wisdom, however...
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiet 06.08.22 14:42

but we still have to learn from the things obtained by philosophers, no, you understand that I'm referring to Luis Marques, like if we didn't even learn from Ab ... how we discover the dark mark then ??
Tiet
Tiet
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 06.08.22 15:13

What do you mean? What do you think the Dark Mark is? Keep in mind it might not be what you expect...
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiet 06.08.22 15:23

Like primary instinct, the dark mark is not knowledge that you earn..primary thoughts are required not earned, born with that!♒
Tiet
Tiet
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down