Advice for someone trying to delve deeper?

2 posters

Go down

Advice for someone trying to delve deeper? Empty Advice for someone trying to delve deeper?

Post by Goremagala34 15.02.24 13:39

Hey there, I stumbled across this forum while doing some research, and I just wanted to say thank you all.

It has been extremely difficult to figure out where to go to get some actual knowledge on this path, as everywhere I look, it's being romanticized and commercialized. And I don't have the energy or patience to feed into it.

I spent hours reading through these forums in an attempt to pursue knowledge that would actually get me somewhere. And I got some pretty good differentiation done between actual vampirism and what I like calling commercial Vampirism.

But I would still like some help, if that's okay, if there are any of you still around.

Do you have any books that you would recommend, that would give me actual knowledge?

So far, all I've found prior is Temple of Set's "Energy Magick of the Vampyre", and after coming across this forum, even that book seems questionable.

Thank you for your time.

Goremagala34
Goremagala34
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2024-02-14

Back to top Go down

Advice for someone trying to delve deeper? Empty Re: Advice for someone trying to delve deeper?

Post by Jonathan 15.02.24 17:07

You know this is a question that gets asked time and time again, as you probably imagine, however it is one not easily answered because quality literature on vampirism is extremely scarce. The vast majority is either flawed or downright misleading, particularly when it comes to books accessible to the general public. If you have access to one of the initiatory Orders in Europe they do have some valuable publications on vampirism in their private libraries, but often such tomes are not published to standard bookstores. But there is a reason why the majority of those publications mention the Asetians and their culture.

I saw you mentioned the Violet Throne in another thread and I can't recommend it enough. It is the best currently available resource that is accessible to the public without the bindings of Orders and Covens. It is however not a simple book but the material within it will keep you busy for years to come. You could start by the more easily digestible Asetian Bible, but the Violet Throne is just immensely superior in way that can't be overstated.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Advice for someone trying to delve deeper? Empty Re: Advice for someone trying to delve deeper?

Post by Goremagala34 15.02.24 17:12

Thank you, Johnathan. Yes, I'm definitely going to be looking into these manuscripts very soon.

I see, there aren't many other easily available manuscripts for the time. That's quite disappointing, but also reassuring in a way, as that means that commercialization and greed haven't taken over the deeper paths of knowledge.

I will definitely grt to work and come back with questions.
Goremagala34
Goremagala34
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 15.02.24 17:15

I will add that I admire you looking out to distance yourself from commercial occultism as that has become quite a plague in this day and age, often drowning new seekers into valueless noise and exploitative paths that only serve the pockets of someone instead of actual growth and real magick. So please stay that way.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Goremagala34 15.02.24 17:33

Jonathan wrote:I will add that I admire you looking out to distance yourself from commercial occultism as that has become quite a plague in this day and age, often drowning new seekers into valueless noise and exploitative paths that only serve the pockets of someone instead of actual growth and real magick. So please stay that way.

I've already been on the side of commercial magick. It's suffocatingly mediocre.

When I started my research I was looking into Joy of Satan (ew) on their knowledge of the Goetia. Then I got sucked into E.A. Koetting, and Father Sebastian, and Jack Townson, and Logan South. Basically just a bunch of people using their craft for clout and fame. I had to do a lot of cross referencing and such.

Amino, surprisingly, was one of the few apps that had an in depth Vampyric community. My mentor was from there, he used to be part of the Golden Dawn cult. He was raised in it. He may have left but he was so interwoven in his path that he gave me some adept knowledge to further myself with the astral plane and the entities within. But sadly, Amino, like other social media apps, grew toxic, and I left for my own peace.

Now I am doing my best to discern cash grabs from actual good tomes and articles.
Goremagala34
Goremagala34
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 15.02.24 17:40

Koetting and Sebastian are very much pop culture not occultism. Jack and Logan not even worth mentioning. Glad you had discernment to grow out of it. Many people start by dabbling in that same trash that can be found at surface level before they can find the gateways into the depths of empowering occult traditions.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Goremagala34 15.02.24 19:57

Jonathan wrote:Koetting and Sebastian are very much pop culture not occultism. Jack and Logan not even worth mentioning. Glad you had discernment to grow out of it. Many people start by dabbling in that same trash that can be found at surface level before they can find the gateways into the depths of empowering occult traditions.

Absolutely.
Goremagala34
Goremagala34
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down