Phoenix
Victor
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Michael W Ford - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael W Ford

Post by Maxx 07.07.09 12:31

My Dear Ank........

I assumed you had the works, but from the posts here, not that many were aware of him or his works. As an open forum I would want others to have some sort of knowledge about who we would be discussing.

Maxxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 07.07.09 13:03

My mistake . . . after all I am only human!
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 07.07.09 13:12

Maxx, would it be possible for some direct comments from you addressing empress2k analysis of your photographs and background? Your own comments and judgment on this, since you are the only one truly entitled to judge the comments made upon yourself, would be valuable to help others, such as myself, making their own views of empress2k's analysis on Michael Ford and the possible accuracy of those views.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 07.07.09 13:56

Ankhhape wrote:Not to be a spoil sport or anything but . . . this is my thread on Michael W. Ford, could we please keep to the topic.

Empress, please open a new thread where you can do your Horoscope readings.

Per your request I have moved the reading discussion to another topic. Please follow this link if interested:

http://vampirism.forumotion.net/off-topic-f6/readings-etc-t316.htm#3951
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 07.07.09 19:24

Thank you empress, and I read Maxx's commentary, it was a very good reading it appears.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RudraShiva 30.08.09 5:52

I like Michael Ford. I´m not very much into his system anymore, however I like how he understands the Western Left Hand Path. Also he is quite intelligent, and his "philosophy of life" is great, in my opinion. I don´t think he is dogmatic, which is a characteristic that I really value. He puts Life above everything else. And this is just fantastic. Just because of this he has my respect.

Now when it comes to his works, well...

I don´t have his whole work, just Adamu: "Luciferian Tantra", "The Vampire Gate the Vampire Magician", "Liber HVHI", "The Book of the Witchmoon", "Satanic Magick" and quite a few manuscrips from where his Luciferian Witchcraft was created. About these books I can say that Adamu and the Vampire Gate are books that I personally don´t understand. The first one is, in my opinion, a very poor and "modern" perspective on Tantra and the Vama Marga tradition. "Luciferianism meets Tantric divine forms" whould be a good way to put it. From my own understanding on Tantra, this works is just very superficial and doesn´t say anything deep nor interesting. Also, I don´t like mixing a Luciferian ideology and system with Tantra since there is, in my opinion, a fundamental difference between the two paths.

It just doesn´t work for me.

The Vampire Gate is another very bad book. Very superficial and I didn´t find anything significant in it. Sometimes I have the impression that nowadays he is without new ideas and that his modern work is just the same material of always with a different name. Maybe his new book on Paganism is different however (seems quite interesting)

Liber HVHI is ok. The problem I have with Ford is that I usually have a very hard time trying to understand what he means. I don´t like his style when it comes to writing. Too poetical sometimes. And poetry is a bad way to define a concept in my opinion. However is a very interesting book when it comes to persian black magic and satanic ideology.

Also I found his ideas on vampirism quite interesting and I like his system of so called "predatory spirituality" (I don´t know however if Michael was the "creator" of this system of spirituality, however it is something that I have never seen in any other tradition)

His old material, however, is very good. As you say he does very good researches when it comes to mythology. He has been accussed of plagiarising the work of Andrew Chumbley and he gave a very good response to this accusation in which he explaned where his ideas regarding Sabbatic Withcraft comes from.

I don´t agree, however, on what empress2k said about him. I strongly disagree on the following:

empress2k wrote:He is more mental then spiritual, meaning most of his awareness has been developed through extrernal source and books. He is not an otherwordly dweller... meaning he does not have easy access to other realms

What do you mean by this? I have read about his experiences regarding the astral plane, the Sabbath, Daath and the Abyss and Qlippotic realms and from that I can tell you that he has experienced what he preaches.

Ford has been into the occult scene quite a long time. He was a member of The Order of Nine Angles in the early 90´s if I ´m not wrong. He even founded a sinister temple in America. His first order, The Black Order of the Dragon, has been doing "vampiric works" for more that 10 years and his vampiric teachings are mainly based on European archetypes. As I still don´t have any proof about "Vampirism" being some kind of religion and a specific spiritual path coming from Old Egypt, mainly because I am new on this subject, I regard the works of Michael Ford on this field as authentic and valid. Vampirism from this perspective and approach has been quite popular in the sinister (that is, a la Order of Nine Angles) tradition. The Black Order of the Dragon used to have a very closed relantionship with another temple (the Temple of Azathoth or something like that) and I am pretty sure that a lot of their members founded the now famous and highly vampiric Tempel ov Blood. As far as I know, this approach to vampirism has nothing to do with Egypt or Egyptian magic and gods.

A different way to understand vampirism, perhaps?
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBathory 12.12.09 12:45

Damn, a whole thread rippin Michael Ford, and even a psychic reading about how spiritually unaware he is!

I agree with the fact that he has some issues, but I don't need any kind of extraordinary psychic abilities to see that. He is so calm and collected, but when he starts talking about destroying people with magic, he totally loses it! Michael W Ford - Page 3 Icon_eek And it's not like a one-time thing, it's in every video I've seen of him.

Anyway, I think the "reading" of him being spiritually unaware is very superficial. That's just his style. I've never read his books, but I've scanned through one at one point just to see what the big deal is with this infamous Michael W. Ford; At 1st glance, I was like, "This is it??????????? How could you publish this and call it a book? It looks like notes I take in class."

It was only much later that I understood that that's just him. I came across his music, and it's the same way story. You start off thinking: This is really it? This guy sucks, how could this even be a song? Then all of a sudden you realize it's the most magical thing you've ever heard. I actually think it's rather impressive that he can do that.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by hattusuas 02.04.14 14:27

He has created some very nice instrumental music as well. I have had amazing lucid dreams and visions while listening.
hattusuas
hattusuas
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 02.04.14 20:23

"Ford has been into the occult scene quite a long time. He was a member of The Order of Nine Angles in the early 90´s if I ´m not wrong."

Ahhhhhhhh.  This explains the connection between Ford and Koetting and why E. A.  is pushing some of his work.  I did not understand this as Koetting writes in a much easier method to understand than does Ford in his scatter shot method.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike W 12.05.16 11:41

Know this is an old thread, but I recently started reading his stuff (Found Book of the Witch moon and The Bible of The Adversary on the internet, and am reading The Order of Phosphorus Nahemoth & the Black Earth as of an hour ago) and found it to strike a cord with me.

I wasn't raised with a strict religious background, but my grandfather was a deacon and church was a standard for most of my childhood, so I do tend to get stuck in old thought patterns.

I forget what video, I'll have to go through his youtube channel again, but Ford mentions something along the lines of there is a lot deprogramming if you were raised in a dogmatic faith, and the sudden solution to deprogram myself from said thought patterns was presented (I wanted to be a marine as a kid, the idea of breaking you down and building you back up into a stronger version sounded appealing to me; this was the same thought process). I don't agree with his idea of there are no gods or spirits of your choosing (too many names for an already rambling post), its all mindless energy waiting around to be shaped by you, don't get me wrong I do believe that, but I also believe in spiritual intelligences other than human, hence why I'm so fascinated with the Aset Ka.
Mike W
Mike W
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2015-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike W 12.05.16 11:51

My original question of "What the general opinion of him now?" was forgotten, sorry 'bout that.

I only ask because I want to keep my view objective, and not fall into any idolizing.
Mike W
Mike W
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2015-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3