What is Love to You

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is Love to You

Post by Daniel09 on 01.10.10 20:21

The average person loves to talk about themselves in hopes of finding people to relate to, so in the spirit of this, I would like to talk about love. What is love to you, and do you believe you have found love in another?



Myself, at one point I thought I knew love. I was madly in love with a girl, but it turned out it wasn't meant to be. It made me rethink everything, and I learned the difference between being blinded by hopes and being in true love.

Love to me is a feeling of absolute trust and devotion to another person, to be willing to give your life for theirs and to let them do with your life as they would. In the truest sense, the other person would reflect this, and the loss of each other could potentially be too much to bear on this planet.

I have not found love.
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Divine 277 on 02.10.10 2:36

Daniel09 wrote:The average person loves to talk about themselves in hopes of finding people to relate to

Yes, they do like to tell people what they like, not like, and so on ... Smile, I think that's a good thing Smile

How else would people that cant feel others in a more energy way , get to know one another ?



Daniel09 wrote:
Love to me is a feeling of absolute trust and devotion to another person, to be willing to give your life for theirs and to let them do with your life as they would. In the truest sense, the other person would reflect this, and the loss of each other could potentially be too much to bear on this planet.


well , I do agree that trust is an issue , but sometimes the trust can be broken in one or another way ... does that mean that there is no love ?

Or does it mean that, there is still hope to reestablish the trust ?

To give your life for a person, Yes , I do agree ..... that is the kind of feeling .... If reality( logic) wouldn't have kicked in.

and Yes It would Probably be to much to bear, but remember something ....

When it comes to life , living and love... everyone has their own way to grow, and everyone needs to take their own time to do so.

Just because 1 has gone 10 steps forward, and the other has taken a half a step forward ......

That means that they are in a different place in life , and maybe they need some time to figure things out .... Smile

That does not mean that the Love is gone ...

It just means that they need time to grow ...

There are no definitive ending..... and that also apply s to love .

For me love also means Faith....
Believing in his love for me and my love for him <3

sincerely Divine 277
avatar
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 951
Age : 36
Location : Gate between heaven and hell.
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by godofbattle on 02.10.10 11:42

I agree with you both. I couldn't have said it better
avatar
godofbattle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 184
Location : Detroit MI
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Helliana on 04.10.10 9:45

There would usually be more for me to speak about on this subject at other times, but for now I only feel compelled to brush up on this: There are many out there that say "I would give my life for you." I don't know about others here, but I've rarely heard "not only would I die for you, but I would live for you."

That may be something some of you may see as obvious and goes without mentioning. For me it just seems like quite a powerful thing to hear or say, and could apply to more than just a single meaning.
avatar
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 156
Age : 25
Location : Somewhere in Texas
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Nebibi on 04.10.10 9:54

Your words are a cool breeze Helliana.

It is true that those words are not often heard, unfortunately. 'I would live for you' implies a huge responsibility, but one that only someone who truly LOVES you (I capitalize in order to show emphasis but caps lock does not do it justice) would say.
avatar
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Age : 26
Location : New York
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Syrianeh on 04.10.10 10:03

Exactly. Letting go of a death wish, a decadent life, an unhealthy lifestyle, apathy or plain laziness in order to be there for someone in all your potential, is one of the most unselfish gifts you can give the one you Love.
avatar
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 706
Location : Spain
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Helliana on 04.10.10 10:06

Precisely, girls. Thank you =P
avatar
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 156
Age : 25
Location : Somewhere in Texas
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Jonathan on 04.10.10 23:23

Helliana wrote:There would usually be more for me to speak about on this subject at other times, but for now I only feel compelled to brush up on this: There are many out there that say "I would give my life for you." I don't know about others here, but I've rarely heard "not only would I die for you, but I would live for you."

That may be something some of you may see as obvious and goes without mentioning. For me it just seems like quite a powerful thing to hear or say, and could apply to more than just a single meaning.
This is a good point and well put. It takes courage, dedication and love to live for someone. To fully dedicate our living towards someone we love, and live to make them happy, make them proud and make them smile. Fact is, very few people would be able to do that, and just saying it means nothing. It is about doing it.

Most often than not we see people saying they love someone, that they would live and die for them, and speaking of how that will last forever, when in fact they are only saying it because they are happy, or worse, because they are horny. I have lived such reality myself, and people tend to think only men are this shallow and this empty, but many girls easily commit and make promises of an eternal love simply because they're too horny to control themselves. Pathetic no? That's the real world.

But bottomline, you brought up an important detail... that more important than dying for someone, is to live for someone. Killing ourself can be far easier and less painful than facing a whole life by the side of someone and doing everything we can to make them smile and truly happy. Putting Love above our Self. It sums up to one very important thing: not being selfish. That's something anyone can hardly do, and I believe that is one of the central definitions of how Guardians live and face life.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2235
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Victor on 05.10.10 3:41

Jonathan wrote:Most often than not we see people saying they love someone, that they would live and die for them, and speaking of how that will last forever, when in fact they are only saying it because they are happy, or worse, because they are horny. I have lived such reality myself, and people tend to think only men are this shallow and this empty, but many girls easily commit and make promises of an eternal love simply because they're too horny to control themselves. Pathetic no? That's the real world.
Do not bother talking or thinking about that type of mortals. Ants do not take part in the engine that moves the world.
avatar
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 524
Location : A pool filled with naked horny vampire girls.
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Hellen on 05.10.10 6:39

Is not that humans are inable to dedicate their life to someone or something .

In fact most of them do sacrifice all potential of their lives , enslaved by infinite duties and rules society put on them .Against their feelings .Not daring change , to Love and Will .



Hellen
avatar
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Location : where vultures roam
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Jonathan on 05.10.10 11:01

Victor wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Most often than not we see people saying they love someone, that they would live and die for them, and speaking of how that will last forever, when in fact they are only saying it because they are happy, or worse, because they are horny. I have lived such reality myself, and people tend to think only men are this shallow and this empty, but many girls easily commit and make promises of an eternal love simply because they're too horny to control themselves. Pathetic no? That's the real world.
Do not bother talking or thinking about that type of mortals. Ants do not take part in the engine that moves the world.
Actually...

As ironic as life can be, she ended up an addict, among dealers in a world of drugs, valued by no one sober, while I ended in a world of magick and mystery. A true duality of beauty and Life.

I personally hate to dump anyone, even if worthless, but there are times we must take care of ourselves and our friends as well, in order to avoid going down the road some end up choosing, like drugs for example. Egos aside, I value my own soul too much to ever become like that.

I guess I was the only good influence she ever knew, but when the roots are dirty, it gets hard to cleanse with water. study
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2235
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Kalb on 05.10.10 16:52

Love, indeed, is the harmony between two people. A life cycle is insufficient to understand love. It's easy give your life for your love, it's easy live for your love .. But it is hard to find your love again in next life. Facts are facts and most of humanity does not understand the yin yang in Love. We know how to live a life with the person we love by our side .. But, how is live a life without the loved on our side? We do not control our cycle of incarnations. Therefore, we must be aware that if we really love we should be patient and strong! Sex and Love, are mixed, confused. Sex is a sexual pleasure. It's physical. It is one of the advantages we have when we live in the physical plane and there are times where people prefer to ignore the physical desire and waiting for the next life for his Beloved, This is a case of Asetians Lovers when They decide not incarnate the same time. Over time we will gradually remembering the true essence of the link our Love and we find again! And then yes ... Mission accomplished. We learn what really is love. And This cycle will repeat itself many lives .. Other times, when people cannot live without "her beloved" other people will seek to replace the void .. and try to love again .. again and again. I prefer not to die for my love or live for my love, but rather, make the most of time I have with her and survive as long as I'm not with her.
And again, the case of Asetians, They are so United in LOVE! An example to follow.
I am not giving any definition of love .. because what I feel I cannot describe ... I'm keeping well within me.
avatar
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1259
Location : Some part of infinite universe...
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Daniel09 on 05.10.10 21:10

Beautifully said, Stalker. I personally can only dream of finding a love even close to the degree of the Asetians. A problem I continue to have on this Earth is that when I try to get into relationships, I do not feel what the other person appears to always feel for me. Apparently I attract love, but cannot love back. XD
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

It's complicated!

Post by N.Augusta on 09.10.10 8:07

"What is love to you?" is very-very-very subjective per individual.....I will discuss factors that contribute to that, rather than what love is to me.

I think it is important to keep in mind that many factors play a roll in how one defines love, and these factors (which I will only list a few or else this post would turn very lengthy) are just a part as to the reaons why love can be so complicated.
Ex: Factors such as: Where one is in their life at the moment come into play. How many silly romance novels and fairy tales one may have deeply absorbed, ones age, ones lack of experience and/or amount of experience, realistic and/or unrealistic expectations of another, as well as the mental and emotional state of the individual will determine how one defines love. Unforgotten and unforgiven current and past hurts and so on, are also part of the reasons as to why love is very subjective per individual and can change....If you ask this question on a Monday, then the same person may give you a different answer come late Saturday night. Very Happy

avatar
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Location : Lost
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Divine 277 on 09.10.10 9:01

wish for a like button Wink
avatar
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 951
Age : 36
Location : Gate between heaven and hell.
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Daniel09 on 09.10.10 11:04

Agreed, N. It is probably what makes Asetian love such a mystery to us all. We know the Asetians are facilitators of change, so naturally even their love would change, but what their love is, is still unknown. Is it a feeling? Is it a physical reaction? Is it a friendship, a soul-twining, an energetic explosion, a mental unity? Is it all of these at once?

We may never know, honestly.
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Proxy on 11.10.10 16:18

Daniel09 wrote:The average person loves to talk about themselves in hopes of finding people to relate to, so in the spirit of this, I would like to talk about love. What is love to you, and do you believe you have found love in another?



Myself, at one point I thought I knew love. I was madly in love with a girl, but it turned out it wasn't meant to be. It made me rethink everything, and I learned the difference between being blinded by hopes and being in true love.

Love to me is a feeling of absolute trust and devotion to another person, to be willing to give your life for theirs and to let them do with your life as they would. In the truest sense, the other person would reflect this, and the loss of each other could potentially be too much to bear on this planet.

I have not found love.

love is everything for me ! i think i had it and then i lost it a few times...
avatar
Proxy
Banned

Number of posts : 52
Location : norway
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Sinata Anika Asti on 30.11.10 1:22

Love is loyalty, honor, and respect...I believe that the great Luis Marques explains it perfectly in the following quote "There is no place like Home. There is no bond like Family. There is no sin like Betrayal."
avatar
Sinata Anika Asti
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 161
Location : USA
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Jonathan on 30.11.10 9:34

Sinata Anika Asti wrote:Love is loyalty, honor, and respect...I believe that the great Luis Marques explains it perfectly in the following quote "There is no place like Home. There is no bond like Family. There is no sin like Betrayal."
I agree with your words. Also important not to forget that Luis Marques is himself a great master of true Love, honor and loyalty. He might be hated and feared by his enemies, but there are no doubts that he is certainly admired, deeply cherished and loved by the ones who know him and have contact with him. A being of duality, capable of bringing terror but also able to love, cherish and protect.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2235
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Kalb on 30.11.10 11:03

Jonathan wrote:
Sinata Anika Asti wrote:Love is loyalty, honor, and respect...I believe that the great Luis Marques explains it perfectly in the following quote "There is no place like Home. There is no bond like Family. There is no sin like Betrayal."
I agree with your words. Also important not to forget that Luis Marques is himself a great master of true Love, honor and loyalty. He might be hated and feared by his enemies, but there are no doubts that he is certainly admired, deeply cherished and loved by the ones who know him and have contact with him. A being of duality, capable of bringing terror but also able to love, cherish and protect.


RT Jonathan. I love you
avatar
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1259
Location : Some part of infinite universe...
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by N.Augusta on 30.11.10 15:44

That...was touching, and beautifully said. Smile
avatar
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Location : Lost
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by AndreiaLi on 30.11.10 17:26

Nice post Jonathan Smile
avatar
AndreiaLi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 149
Age : 33
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Jonathan on 30.11.10 18:41

Thanks everyone. Smile Really appreciated your words.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2235
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by Syrianeh on 01.12.10 2:53

Very true, Jonathan.

Luis Marques is a perfect example of the marvellous combination of gifts an Asetian has.
avatar
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 706
Location : Spain
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Love to You

Post by c-kutty on 08.06.12 7:11

Love is when you experience the true understanding of another person.
It conveys many emotion, mainly in which joy and happiness is pursued.
You learn how to express great deals of feelings and emotions that have been bundled together inside you, waiting to be withdrawn.
I personally believe it is a great experience, but on the other hand you can face many ordeals such as pain hatred and jealousy.
To be loved to and love is the most precious gift the world has to offer Very Happy

c-kutty
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 3
Age : 19
Location : England
Registration date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum