Lafaeyette
witchmark
Jonathan
Talibah
Syrianeh
uENVY91
10 posters

Go down

Thoughts about this "so called public vampire" Don "The Vampire Emperor" Empty Thoughts about this "so called public vampire" Don "The Vampire Emperor"

Post by uENVY91 05.07.12 20:32

I was just wondering how you all felt about this so call "Don - The Vampire Emperor" that is some what very public & open to saying he is a real Vampire. First of all do you all believe he is really a vampire & do you all agree with him/others being so Public about really being Vampires. And anything else you all would like to discuss about him & others like him. Here a link to a video about him on Tyra Banks's Show. You can just skip to 2:05 if you want to skip the intro. to Tyra's show --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKjSnmJd2Q8
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-06-06

https://www.vampirismforum.com/t900-info-about-me-to-the-communit

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about this "so called public vampire" Don "The Vampire Emperor" Empty Re: Thoughts about this "so called public vampire" Don "The Vampire Emperor"

Post by Syrianeh 06.07.12 4:17

He's obviously not a vampire. He's a poser seeking fame and money. I would say the same of anyone who goes to talk shows, wears fake fangs and makes a fool of themselves like this.

I suggest you look at this text on Vampirism from the Aset Ka's website:

http://www.asetka.org/vampirism.shtml
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about this "so called public vampire" Don "The Vampire Emperor" Empty Re: Thoughts about this "so called public vampire" Don "The Vampire Emperor"

Post by Talibah 06.07.12 5:22

No and no.

He is a sensationalist of popular fictional vampirism.

The fact that he files his teeth, sleeps in a deprivation chamber, watches as birthmarks disappear with the aid of 'purification' methods, puts himself in the public eye, wears dark clothing (with probably no idea of the deeper reasoning behind this) proves he knows nothing about true spiritual vampirism.

I agree with Syrianeh and repeat her advice...

http://www.asetka.org/vampirism.shtml
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 06.07.12 5:53

I agree with Syrianeh and Talibah. That has nothing to do with real vampirism.

It's nice that you brought up such a good example though, since Don is one of those cases that's not even taken seriously by the roleplaying community, let alone real vampires. He's an actor that's all.
By the way no one knows him as The Emperor, that was a title he used to describe himself on several media shows, not something he earned.

The link provided above describes a much more balanced and truthful account of what a real vampire is and what vampirism is all about. It's also much more akin to the accepted view of vampirism found inside the occult community and taken seriously by occult scholars.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafaeyette 11.08.12 5:52

From what I can tell, most psy vamps are secretive, which he clearly is not. Whether you believe him or not is redundant, it is the fact that he gets up on Tyra (who has the mental capacity of a three year old by the looks of it) and shouts it out to the world with his daft false teeth... Kind of like an old man... eeeeeuw...

Lafaeyette
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-08-06

http://www.vampirebibliographica.com

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 11.08.12 18:19

Lafaeyette, very well stated! Smile

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafaeyette 12.08.12 0:07

Razz Thanks, *takes a bow*

I do try Wink

Lafaeyette
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 12.08.12 12:31

According to what I recently read about this Don, he apparently has some medical conditions (such as sun allergy and the like) and uses the vampire archetype to build up a certain image. I don't think he takes himself seriously, in my opinion he's just trying to make the best of his situation.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafaeyette 12.08.12 12:34

Don't get me wrong, I fault no one for going to extremes. Good for him... it's just... eh. It feels too put on, and thus it grates on my nerves somewhat

Lafaeyette
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 12.08.12 19:57

Ah now, Lafaeyette, are you telling me that those from South Africa actually can have their nerves grated? LOL! I am not sure just what it is about YOU that I like. Perhaps it is the Lions, Hippos, Rhinos that draw me. I do like the manner in which you write. Respectful, it is nice to see it. Smile

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafaeyette 12.08.12 23:19

Hehe, I think South African nerves are so much easier to grate than most... The angriest nation (or at least in the top ten) in the world, I suspect. Thanks for the compliment Wink I am, unfortunately, severely opinionated, but I try to stifle it from time to time Razz

Lafaeyette
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 13.08.12 8:18

Opinions are wonderful as it indicates a person who has actually thought about something. Nice. I really do not know much about South Africans. Getting angry holds benefits but being angry does not. Understand the difference?

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafaeyette 13.08.12 8:30

Yeah, I get what you are saying, South Africans just have a lot of history and everyone of them seems to be angry at the country for one thing or another... I think this is, by far, the first time I have joined a vampire forum and not been shouted down for my thoughts, so thank you!

Lafaeyette
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 13.08.12 11:07

You are welcome.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafaeyette 13.08.12 11:24

Smile

Lafaeyette
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 13.08.12 12:52

He lives the way he wants to, and you've got to respect that.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafaeyette 13.08.12 13:16

As I said, I don't berate him for his lifestyle. Kudos to him for having the brashness for it

Lafaeyette
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorvamp 31.07.13 21:26

He is living the way that makes him happy, this is not wrong...he (plus twilight) inspired the south park episode ungroundable...made me laugh.
Poorvamp
Poorvamp
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Saberwolf 08.10.13 0:03

Count chocoula is cooler at least he makes good cereal

Honestly my question is "why is this guy on tv?"

Thousands of kids die of hunger and malaria every day and mindless zombies would rather listen to this guy..

I wonder what Tyra's ratings were last year
Saberwolf
Saberwolf
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Saberwolf 08.10.13 0:07

Saberwolf wrote:Count chocoula is cooler at least he makes good cereal

Honestly my question is "why is this guy on tv?"

Thousands of kids die of hunger and malaria every day and mindless zombies would rather listen to this guy..

I wonder what Tyra's ratings were last year
I'm joking but in all seriousness the stuff they put on tv nowadays
Saberwolf
Saberwolf
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down