Spirit Animals?

+2
schitzophobic
Cryptly
6 posters

Go down

Spirit Animals? Empty Spirit Animals?

Post by Cryptly 31.07.12 18:57

I have read through so much the last few days and found another question in my mind..

Myself, I feel spirit animals exist and change. There is no set amount that a person can have, and they can change at any given time, but not on their own will(usually). How I put it; Neutrally my spirit animal is that of a Bobcat, but when I go into my Defensive or Rage-like state, I transform into a Grizzly Bear.

What are your thoughts on spirit animals? Maybe we can get a good discussion going with this? I am very interested to see!
Cryptly
Cryptly
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-07-12

Back to top Go down

Spirit Animals? Empty Re: Spirit Animals?

Post by schitzophobic 01.08.12 15:19

From what I have seen, spirit animals are often a psychological representation of ones spirit in a form that they can relate to... I've met several people who have difficulty seeing themselves as they are(especially because the self is constantly changing) so they chose an animal form they admire instead, one usually bearing characteristics they feel describe themselves or they desire to assume... for example people who feel they are loyal or wish to become more loyal might choose a canine form or such... often the choice is subconscious or processed by the conscious desires subversively... as we grow and evolve spiritually and mentally the spirit animal will change depending on ones needs, desires, interests, and beliefs...
schitzophobic
schitzophobic
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 02.08.12 9:13

Schizophobic, very well stated!

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristinCP 05.09.12 19:19

I looked into this a few years back, and there is actually a lot out there on the subject, on the internet, and in books. What I found is that your spirit animal is typically an animal that you have had uncanny experiences with in real life. However, I do agree with you that your spirit animal may change depending on circumstances, although that could also be your own projection of yourself and emotions at that point in time - likening it to animalistic qualities subconsicously. For example, sometimes I feel like a lioness when I am feeling aggressive or protective.

However, I know that my spirit animal is a snake because of the strange encounters that I've had with them, as well as the symbolism that they represent and how it relates to my path.

We had a really good thread about this going on another site (David Wilcock's site - Divine Cosmos) a few years back (2009 I think).
ChristinCP
ChristinCP
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 06.09.12 3:55

I know that my spirit animal or spirit guide is a hawk... every time the hawk appears, be it one hawk or multiple it means watch out or be alert of things that will happen later on in that day. never fails when i see the hawk in the sky something unexpected, risky, dangerous, or unplanned ends up happening the same day.
Could be my spirit animal for various reasons.... or could just be my spirit animal because im native american *shrugs*

ofcourse this is different than what everyone posting before me has been referring to...
some take on the attributes of other animals yes, as they feel akin to them or subconsciously akin to them and their animal's strengths...
is it all in your head...? thats for the person to decide...
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanguine 14.12.12 19:29

Hmm.
Sounds similar to Familiars, to be honest. I often find the old saying of seeing 1 magpie and getting bad luck as a result to be true, but that is most probably because my mind has become so accustomed to the idea my energy output has been effected as a consequence, meaning my path is filled with my negative energy, bringing on the illusion that the bird is the problem all along.
Hm..
Then again,
could just be that damned bird, eh?
Sanguine
Sanguine
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down