Thoughts about beginning this path or any path.

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts about beginning this path or any path. Empty Thoughts about beginning this path or any path.

Post by witchmark 27.02.13 10:50

As I laid down last night for bed thoughts of my day pounded through my head. As the beat of a well tuned drum I could see all those that had march as if in a great parade before me. In it were characters filled with a need to be right....to be liked. As I laid back and viewed all of this, a thought began to occur. In the course of being right and in being liked by others, we sacrifice ourselves in which we must justify or flat out lie about our reactions to the world around us. Not always are we on "good behavior" with others and with ourselves.

We all want to be liked and accepted by others. This is a fact! However, what happens with this as we start to ascend? When we ascend, we take a different path than the majority of the worlds populace. The concepts and the idea of ascending is a wonderful one but few have the stamina to do the hard work that is necessary. The work requires an honesty about oneself. It requires changing the things about us that need improving. It requires viewing that in which we do not like about ourselves as well as the things we love. It requires an honest house cleaning, so to speak.

We can all hold hands and sing sweet melodies together, telling each other that we are right. Should we chose that path, well then, we are no different than the rest of the world. We will not ascend. The other option is a bit harder. It is the one that requires hard work on ourselves. This requires, leaving a mommy/daddy system behind. Living by another's approval is not our way. At least, I should say, when one becomes of age (adulthood) then one is responsible for their own actions and decisions. It is really no different here where it concerns a spiritual nature.

I am not preaching atheism nor am I preaching theism. I divorced both years back as they both held limitations and a large degree of outside agreement. I figured that somewhere between the two, truth could be found. For me, this has been the case. It is hard work not pointing the finger at another as it distracts one from working on the self. Yet I highly recommend it.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about beginning this path or any path. Empty Re: Thoughts about beginning this path or any path.

Post by Kalb 27.02.13 11:35

Well... was indeed a great topic witchmark.
witchmark wrote:We all want to be liked and accepted by others. This is a fact!

This is very debatable. Apart from that, I think I understood your message.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about beginning this path or any path. Empty Re: Thoughts about beginning this path or any path.

Post by Sinata Anika Asti 06.03.13 22:43

This was a great post...
Sinata Anika Asti
Sinata Anika Asti
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down