The Kherete Path?

4 posters

Go down

The Kherete Path? Empty The Kherete Path?

Post by Skylarkis 30.03.18 11:10

A long time ago (so it seems) Michelle Belanger and House Kheperu introduced The Kherete Path & kherete.org. They put out a small-ish ebook about the Kherete path but thats about it. The forums and website they had are gone and I'm curious if anyone here knows what happened?
Skylarkis
Skylarkis
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2018-03-29

Back to top Go down

The Kherete Path? Empty Re: The Kherete Path?

Post by Jonathan 30.03.18 12:51

I think the Kherete was one of those ideas that never really took off. Michelle called it open-source Kheprianism and it was used to segregate the outsiders from her group at House Kheperu, however it seems that people never really had results with the system and it has been mostly abandoned.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylarkis 30.03.18 13:29

Thanks Jonathan
Skylarkis
Skylarkis
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 30.03.18 13:44

Even House Kheperu has been mostly dead for quite a while now, with barely any influence over the international community. If I’m not mistaken I think their last published work dates from 2004 or something like that with the Psychic Vampire Codex, that’s almost 15 years ago. No new content or revisions, actual research, occult teachings or metaphysical techniques. Besides the paid events they keep trying to organize there’s just not much there of relevance anymore.

If you look into it Michelle Belanger writes mostly fiction these days with a few fantasy series coming up. I guess that probably pays more than the occult and her focus has always been on the commercial side of things.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 31.03.18 5:57

Unfortunately the Community at large seems to be or think that they're at a stage of stagnation where everything that could be done has already been done. Perhaps Miss Belanger is in this same slump? Perhaps she's simply one of the older cornerstones that has finally said she's taking a step back and passing off the torch to anyone who will take it..

This is just my opinion/observastion. There's still people who are circulating information, there are still people looking to educate and make an impact (can't say much for the Occult and metaphysical side of things specifically, but generally speaking). Most of them have taken to blogs rather than large publications.

I've seen links (website) to a house/group or two that seem to closely resemble the Kherete things, so perhaps there was one or two that did it..

I remember when that Kherete thing first popped up. XD I was so impressionable like that I was so excited, but never actually jumped on the opportunity. I think a simple meet-up group of (eventual?) friends suffices though, that's all I really want. Fun, energy play/practice, exchanging of ideas and beliefs and what-not can all still be done, just smaller scale. I keep trying but it's extremely slow going as apparently I'm a busy and very slow progressing person. =/
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2017-06-07

http://reality-of-identity.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylarkis 31.03.18 22:28

A.Nightside wrote:Unfortunately the Community at large seems to be or think that they're at a stage of stagnation where everything that could be done has already been done. Perhaps Miss Belanger is in this same slump? Perhaps she's simply one of the older cornerstones that has finally said she's taking a step back and passing off the torch to anyone who will take it..

This is just my opinion/observastion. There's still people who are circulating information, there are still people looking to educate and make an impact (can't say much for the Occult and metaphysical side of things specifically, but generally speaking). Most of them have taken to blogs rather than large publications.

I've seen links (website) to a house/group or two that seem to closely resemble the Kherete things, so perhaps there was one or two that did it..

I remember when that Kherete thing first popped up. XD I was so impressionable like that I was so excited, but never actually jumped on the opportunity.  I think a simple meet-up group of (eventual?) friends suffices though, that's all I really want. Fun, energy play/practice, exchanging of ideas and beliefs and what-not can all still be done, just smaller scale. I keep trying but it's extremely slow going as apparently I'm a busy and very slow progressing person. =/

I was as impressionable when it came out. Back then I atteneded a local vampi(y)re meetup and I was turned away because: "We don't sense the beacon within you." That kinda ticked me off so I have stuck to reading and solitary practice.
Skylarkis
Skylarkis
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 02.04.18 15:50

Skylarkis wrote:I was as impressionable when it came out. Back then I atteneded a local vampi(y)re meetup and I was turned away because: "We don't sense the beacon within you." That kinda ticked me off so I have stuck to reading and solitary practice.

Really? That’s damn sketchy.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 02.04.18 17:31

"We don't sense the beacon within you."

ouch...

You know I went through a similar experience years ago, a small group of pseudo-vampires-occultists just said... "nah you are not one of us, you do not have any problem in your chackra..."
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down