goingpostal
manwolf15
Dreiyan
Karnath
Victor
36 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Lycans and Vampires? Empty Lycans and Vampires?

Post by Aghrab 26.01.09 20:31

Having heard of the dangers of the occult world out there, in Portugal or any other part of the world, I have heard from a few, of the danger that awaits the Asetians, Sethians or any other form of vampire... lycans. I am already quite aware of the fact that the energy of the lycans is completely the opposite of the energy of vampires, being one obvious reason for the two beings to 'hate' one another, but I am sure it goes deeper than that... there must be a history beneath the hate that burns today. One question I have is wondering where and when in history, and why these two beings, vampires and lycans, came to be such enemies to a point that even today slaying occurs, and I am sure many of the slayers are not just humans and witches. Also, I am aware that metaphysically vampires are much more advanced and stronger than lycans, but physically the lycans are able to overpower, being more strongly built than the bodies of vampires, which gives some sense why no matter how strong the vampire may be metaphysically, there will always be danger out there for him.

The other question which I wonder if anyone has an idea on, is the history of the lycans themselves... how they came to be what they are today.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Lycans and Vampires? Empty Re: Lycans and Vampires?

Post by Daniel09 26.01.09 21:04

The Lycan I know doesn't like vampires very much at all, though he has befriended me quite well. Suffice to say I have a talent for that, we do have more in common than most people in the area. Only difference is I'm sneakier and use my mental energy more. He really is just a brute force powered by this massive amount of physical energy.

I assume the Lycans became enemies of the Vampires in the beginning most likely because of territorial disputes. It may even relate to accidental killings of Vampires by Lycans. They have an unfortunately hard time staying under control.

I don't know the history of Lycans, but I am certain they are true and exist, though not in full wolf form like in some tales. My Lycan friend has to shave his palms and face every day to stay looking somewhat normal. I think I'll question him about this and see if he knows anything about the histories behind things.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 26.01.09 21:32

Daniel09 wrote:I don't know the history of Lycans, but I am certain they are true and exist, though not in full wolf form like in some tales.

They are known to be in the form of a wolf in the astral plane, not in the physical, of course.

Daniel09 wrote:I think I'll question him about this and see if he knows anything about the histories behind things.

After holding a discussion with someone with more insight in this subject than myself, we came to an agreement, that maybe the history of the lycans is not so well-known as the vampires, because of their disorganized ways which is their natural ways, they simply function very disorderly. I cannot imagine a haven of lycans and see them having rules that they would follow, like I could imagine with a vampire haven.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 27.01.09 12:25

I personally don't know much about lycans but would like to learn more with your experiences. All I know is the basics, that they gave birth to the myth of werewolves, that they are physically stronger and master energy in a great way when it comes to physical strength, but that they are metaphysically inferior to vampires by far, also usually less intelligent, less organized and many times uncontrolled, rude and violent. Some things I read in the Asetian Bible about it, but it is just the basics of this otherkin species. Does anyone have any insight into their origins and history? Like we do have concerning vampires coming from Egypt by the primordial vampiric species, the Asetians.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3026
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 27.01.09 14:57

I had a chat with my Lycan friend, and he told me what he knew. First of all, he took extreme offense to the comment that Lycans are unorganized. He believes that his kind outnumber the Vampires greatly, and are very organized in their respective packs.

On the subject of history, he said (I may be paraphrasing) that Vampires and Werewolves originated around the same time, and that Vampires felt superior as a race, causing issues between them. Also, he said Vampires often steal kills and waste a lot of good food, as well as being messy. But anyway he said basically that the Werewolves decided to declare their independence in a way, choosing to be apart from the Vampires and live the way they want.

Not sure how much is based on fiction or not. He said he only knew of one vampire that had joined his pack, which he said had around 70 or more members, and that he was only allowed because he acted like a werewolf in his habits.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Lycans and Vampires? Empty Werewolves and Lycans.

Post by Victor 04.02.09 18:19

Werewolves and Lycans

From my experience I would say that Werewolves are a vastly disorganized society, composed mostly by small covens or solitary individuals with no known higher orders in their community.

Their physical strength and agression represents a major danger to Vampires, however, the metaphysical powers of a Vampire clearly outscores any Werewolf.

As far as origins are concerned, Werewolves are actually far more recent in history than Vampires. The problem is that most of them have no clue about their past and no information on their history, and to be quite honest, the majority does not seem even much interested in studying that subject.
Most knowledge about the history of Werewolves is actually kept among scholars in institutions like the VWG (Vampire Watchers Group) and other smaller circles of devoted researchers.
Vampires have originated in Ancient Egypt, at dawn of civilization, by the two first-born bloodlines, the so called Pure Bloods, which are the well known Sethians and Asetians. Several other bloodlines have sprout after, along history, the usually called Half Bloods, or by the purists and elitists in the community, the Unpure Bloodlines. However, although definitive information about the origin of Werewolves is not fully known, at least not by me and my people, clues indicate for possible origins in Asia and Medieval Europe. Old, but still a far more modern epoch than the birth of the first Vampires.

What Daniel mentioned about how many of the wars originated may make some sense, since Vampires do tend to feel naturally superior to Werewolves, as they do to Humans.
Now in what comes to being messy, that couldn't be wronger. Vampires are creatures of a high taste and very evolved spirituality, some are like the aristocracy among Otherkin. They are surely never messy, at least if we don't consider real Vampires many of the wannabes in the American and European bar/party subculture like House Kheperu and such. That I can see as messy, unappealing and greasy-feeling on an energy level. But that has nothing of real Vampirism in it...
But back on subject, Werewolves tend to be quite more messy, rude and such. Physically they tend to be larger, as in thicker and taller than Vampires. However, there are also known short members, but highly muscularly built or even fat. The turning into real wolves is obviously myth and I believe that is properly explained in the Asetian Bible, being connected with their archetype and shape they might take in the astral realms.
Again, I agree that Daniel is right when he mentioned that they outnumber Vampires. Despite what many people may believe, Vampires are a very rare kin and they don't appear in huge numbers throughout the world. Werewolves are fairly more common and easy to find. Still, in documented battles along history, between both kins, they were mostly defaced, killed and tortured, given the high organization of Vampires and the power of its ruling orders. Kills of Vampires from Werewolves, just like tortures and attacks, occur mostly in isolated situations, where a Vampire is caught unguarded, by a pack of raging Werewolves or just an attacking one. These situations appear to be mostly random in nature, however a few cases of rivalry and retaliation have also occurred in the recent past.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 04.02.09 18:30

I do say I must disagree with you on organization. There appears to be a pack-similar hierarchy within the Werewolves, and they appear to be quite coordinated when they decide to do things. Don't take my word as solid quite yet though, I warn. I have yet to determine whether he truly has such extensive connections with the Wolves. He says for some reason he was made pack leader, like the alpha male, though according to his own words, he's the "runt" of them. He is of a bulkier build, but around 5'5" or 5'6", so fairly short for one of his kind.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 22.02.09 20:43

You should ask yourself, Daniel, how the only Lycan you know has been made the pack leader. Why couldn't he be a simple wolf in a pack? Funny how he might be lying to you in spite of his ego.
Because packs don't really work among Lycans, since they are usually uncontrolled, even among their pseudo-lineage, due to their lack of stability when they were "created". Imagine, for example, animal hybrids. They are usually more unstable than the parents, most of the times dying before birth, or dying within weeks, or being too insanely aggressive, being unable to reproduce, etc. Or if you think of the Doberman, which was created in Germany for self-protection. They were known to become insane at a certain age, although their temperament has changed much (for the better, from society's perspective) from that time.
Thanks for sharing your info with us, Victor. In fact, that's what I heard before too.

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 23.02.09 19:01

From what he's told me he isn't pack leader yet. Apparently the last leader had a building fall on him and had named him successor, but in order for him to actually become leader he has to be able to control his anger and such for a year without using charms or masters. According to him, right now the counsel of elders call all the shots, because he has to consult them when he wants to do something.

I can't say I believe him yet, and I've made it abundantly clear to him that though I'm his best friend, I can't take his word for it, and he says he'll show me soon.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 03.06.09 14:34

I agree they really do suck with keeping a history of any kind and they really are disorganized. The best thing they have for organization is that if they are in a legitimate council-bound pack, they are not allowed to leave their state except under special circumstances. Besides that, they really are pretty loose, physically aggressive, most of the males are rude (that I have known). But a few of them are an exception, as with any large group. The one I know at my school has been around since Colonial times because he often mention playing "pranks" on the Indians even though he says he has been around since Egypt's prime era.

But yeah, a little off topic...Anyway he still bears quite a bit of dislike towards vampires (not suprising given his history) but I think me and my other WW friend have managed to make him somewhat more agreeable to them. He has to live around the few at our school anyway so it's for the better. When I try to get him to talk about it, he shuts up. Closest thing I ever got from him was something about an Ancient Law. Sounds pretty vague and I can't completely take him seriously but whatever went down back then, it was pretty serious.
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 03.06.09 17:31

Do you mean to say that they have been living that long, or they are reincarnated fellows from those times?
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 06.06.09 18:38

They reincarnate just like vampires do. Something about 4 transformations through each life (body) the 4th transformation drains them of everything and is the stage that prepares them for the next reincarnation. Depending on how much they resist this change affects how much of their previous lifes they will remember. This is coming from the oldest one, saying he's from Egyptian times at earliest memory. The other one i know has only been around since early colonial times.
She is human now because she hated the life with her pack and council and since she was a trusted pack member, they let her keep all her memories when she went human. I'm her guardian even though I'm human.
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 06.06.09 19:25

Dreiyan, dunno what lies you have been told, but those people are just confusing you. A Lycan, just like a Vampire, can't ever be human again... their transformations occur deeply within their souls... there is no turning back. Forever.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3026
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 14.06.09 0:29

Well they are most likely just screwing with my head. But they are really committed to the lie then because they really believe it too.

But just to entertain this, i don't know their exact details of changing to and from this to that and back again. But each ceremony involves blood. Even their council's 'execution' for violators of pack rules and such involves injecting a cocktail of different bloods (vamp, were, demon, human, etc...) into the person's body at once which kills them. Their 'councils' have control over their powers. ( i am speaking in reference to the werewolfs and the ones that call themselves vampires)

I have seen some things that cant make me say its all a lie, but not enough to say that its all true.
Could perhaps consider that...maybe they arent true vampires or werewolfs but something else? Maybe something less?

The only way i will be able to confirm for myself if their way is true is when a certain event comes to pass. I wasn't lying about the thing where Texas is now missing a large chunk of its werewolf population. A demon at our school ( I can't give any details to his name or status), is going to conduct some type of revival once he gets a list of everyone that wants their powers back. He really sucks with magic so he is using some type of crystals for this ceremony.

This may very well be a load of crap from them but, as ever, im seeking to find the truth. I appreciate this community's tolerance of what could be utter nonsense but if its true then...i dont know. I don't know how you guys would accept it
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 14.06.09 0:37

Ugh, Once again, plz consider adding an 'edit' option to your post functions so double/triple posting doesnt occur in case we forget something important.

Forgot to mention some other detail about their changing to and from human/vamp/werewolf.
They tell me that in the physical- werewolf is the dominant blood. So if they attempt a change from WW to V, they become half and half and usually kill themselves because they say WW and V are conflicting in essence and most halfs end up going insane.
Another thing, when a person 'wants out' to become human again (or for first time if they were a born WW or V) along with the process, any memories involving that part of their life is erased. The side effect of having all your memories wiped *including past lives* is losing a chunk of your lifespan. I have had an example of that at the school as a result of that person's choice. He's completely new person and due to our connection with his memories, we can't be near him anymore so we don't risk bringing him back in to it.

Sorry if this is untrue but I'm trying to give as many details as I can to see if ANY of it could be true.
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by manwolf15 17.06.09 11:04

I am a Lycan I'm not that sure about the history but i would like to know. Like were we come from I'm not real sure but I do Know a lot on what i can do and the Basic things and i know more than most about my kind
manwolf15
manwolf15
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-06-17

http://innerbeast.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manwolf15 17.06.09 11:06

I Agree I am a Lycan I'm not that sure about the history but i would like to know. Like were we come from I'm not real sure but I do Know a lot on what i can do and the Basic things and i know more than most about my kind.
manwolf15
manwolf15
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 17.06.09 11:53

And what can you do manwolf15?

Also, please post an introduction in the off topic section. It's nice to get to know new arrivals to the site.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by manwolf15 17.06.09 12:31

thanx for the welcome nice to meet you.
manwolf15
manwolf15
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyflame 07.08.09 14:33

can some one tell me what a lycan is
ladyflame
ladyflame
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by goingpostal 08.08.09 2:20

umm....read the thread.... Smile
goingpostal
goingpostal
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyflame 08.08.09 11:35

soryy to ask what is a lycan
ladyflame
ladyflame
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 08.08.09 12:33

It is a werewolf, a being who can shape-shift into a beast-like form.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 11.08.09 2:11

Daniel09 wrote:It is a werewolf, a being who can shape-shift into a beast-like form.
Keep in mind, that is only in the astral plane, never in the physical.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyflame 11.08.09 23:07

thanks
ladyflame
ladyflame
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next