Introduction

5 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by WhiteCrow813 28.05.17 20:56

I don't know how active this forum still is but I figured I might as well give it a shot. I'm WhiteCrow813 (or Olivia), I'm an 18 year old Masorti Jewish woman collecting metaphysical, philosophical, and magical information simply for the sake of learning and recording. As a former devotee to Lilith I've delved into some pretty interesting topics including the O9A (which I stopped reading from mostly because of their actual literal Nazi agenda), Enochian magic (angels are boring), and Luciferianism (more my speed but things got stagnant). I moved on to Gnosticism (which I couldn't find enough about thanks in part if not full to the Pauline Christians). From there I moved to where I am today. I'm willing to answer any questions pertaining to anything I've described and if I see something I haven't discussed that I know about (e.g. Kabbalah, gothic wicca, etc.) I'm probably going to chime in.

I want to make it clear that proselytism is implicitly forbidden in Judaism (I'm not the type for that anyway) and so I won't be trying to convert you. I'm here on a quest of knowledge and self discovery. My fiancé (who's devoted to Anubis, iirc) sees something more than the standard human norm in me so I'm trying to find the answers to myself and where I might stand. As it stands I'm not in the economic position to buy a copy of the AB, with the hotel I'm supposed to be working at being under perpetual construction but I will as soon as I can.
WhiteCrow813
WhiteCrow813
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2017-05-28

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by Heruset 28.05.17 21:13

Reading the Asetian bible is unnecessary to participate in learning or teaching here.

On the subject of Asetianism would they be particularly useful reference.

Welcome Smile

Heruset
Banned

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 28.05.17 21:52

Welcome to the community. As Heruset rightfully mentioned, no books are a requirement to join the forum and openly participate in any chosen subjects. Indeed if you seek to study, explore and understand Asetianism the AB is an important work of reference but so are others such as the Book of Orion and Words in Silence, not to mention the hard work required in terms of practice since nothing in Asetianism is taken for granted and the initiate is strongly encouraged to validate all of it internally. Heck, it's quite of an incredibly long journey hence why so many fall along the way but to me that only makes it ever more interesting as I love learning, even though I understand that's not for everyone.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruset 28.05.17 21:54

Well said, Jonathan

Heruset
Banned

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 28.05.17 22:33

Was Lilith what first attracted you to the world of the metaphysical?
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCrow813 29.05.17 3:52

Maxx wrote:Was Lilith what first attracted you to the world of the metaphysical?

No, but my devotion to her was the first time I did any serious study. Before that I read a lot of E. A. Koetting and I'm sure you can imagine how that went; I was on other sites at the time but it was your run of the mill, entry-level fluff mostly. I moved past the absolute basics and the rest is kinda history.
WhiteCrow813
WhiteCrow813
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCrow813 29.05.17 3:56

Heruset wrote:Reading the Asetian bible is unnecessary to participate in learning or teaching here.

On the subject of Asetianism would they be particularly useful reference.

Welcome Smile

Jonathan wrote:Welcome to the community. As Heruset rightfully mentioned, no books are a requirement to join the forum and openly participate in any chosen subjects. Indeed if you seek to study, explore and understand Asetianism the AB is an important work of reference but so are others such as the Book of Orion and Words in Silence, not to mention the hard work required in terms of practice since nothing in Asetianism is taken for granted and the initiate is strongly encouraged to validate all of it internally. Heck, it's quite of an incredibly long journey hence why so many fall along the way but to me that only makes it ever more interesting as I love learning, even though I understand that's not for everyone.

Thanks for the heads up! If there's one thing I've learned so far is that if any path actively encourages you not to try things out yourself there's a red flag.
WhiteCrow813
WhiteCrow813
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 29.05.17 12:56

When I first came across the writing of EA Koetting my impression was he was a good writer. Much better organizer than Michael Ford. But when I saw Koetting on video performing his rituals, I knew at that time I could throw his books away. He was phony as hell. Only in it for the dollar. And time has proven that to be correct.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCrow813 30.05.17 3:31

Maxx wrote: But when I saw Koetting on video performing his rituals, I knew at that time I could throw his books away.  He was phony as hell.  Only in it for the dollar.  And time has proven that to be correct.

Yeah that's more or less what I was going on about. He strikes me as a televangelist of the LHP; "Send me money and I'll show you [the secrets of Azazel/the light of God]!"
WhiteCrow813
WhiteCrow813
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 30.05.17 13:01

WhiteCrow813 wrote:
Maxx wrote: But when I saw Koetting on video performing his rituals, I knew at that time I could throw his books away.  He was phony as hell.  Only in it for the dollar.  And time has proven that to be correct.

Yeah that's more or less what I was going on about. He strikes me as a televangelist of the LHP; "Send me money and I'll show you [the secrets of Azazel/the light of God]!"

Sadly that describes about 90% of the authors, teachers and vocal speakers on the occult. It's all about the money and their actual knowledge is limited at best. When you dig behind their teachings it's all surface value. I have yet to come across a real master on magick and the occult that has a YouTube channel promoting stuff or performs his practices on television. They just don't.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down