Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness

Post by Jonathan 06.06.21 17:18

Yes that parallel between serpent and dragon is something that I agree upon as well. Although for me, as an Asetianist, the stellar dragon has a very strong connection with Aset and her Daemons. It may not be the DBoE that addressed Seth but actually The Azoetia instead, I am not sure.

Will you undergo all the stellar operations in the DBoE? That does take a lot of time to complete properly.

If I remember correctly some material included in Primal Craft was taken from Chumbley, although in a much simplified form.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2773
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness

Post by Naoom 06.06.21 17:35

Jonathan wrote: If I remember correctly some material included in Primal Craft was taken from Chumbley, although in a much simplified form.

Em hotep

I had done research about the Toad rite quite recently and read the book One - The Grimoire of the Golden Toad by Andrew Chumbley. I stumbled upon the different types of doing it within the book which is for the most part the way it is described in Primal Craft. It describes the killing of the Toad should be only done if the way of sacrifice has been opened, and a lot of things talked about in the QoH. The name is also the same as the Rite is described as "The Waters of The Moon". That description and ritual in the grimoire is indeed more detailed in some aspect while the other focuses more on direct contact to ask guidance and further specific details. I hope this helps.
Naoom
Naoom
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 364
Location : Europe
Registration date : 2016-11-17

Back to top Go down

Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness

Post by SorcierRog 07.06.21 13:45

Jonathan wrote:Yes that parallel between serpent and dragon is something that I agree upon as well. Although for me, as an Asetianist, the stellar dragon has a very strong connection with Aset and her Daemons. It may not be the DBoE that addressed Seth but actually The Azoetia instead, I am not sure.

Will you undergo all the stellar operations in the DBoE? That does take a lot of time to complete properly.

If I remember correctly some material included in Primal Craft was taken from Chumbley, although in a much simplified form.

If I may ask, how or why do you view that the stellar dragon has a direct connection to Aset and her Daemons?  

I am preparing to undergo the stellar operations and other rites as well.  I think it's hard to understate the amount of preparation required as well as the acquisition of key tools. Year "zero" for me will extend from January of this year to November at which time I will start with daily and seasonal rites and that will continue for a minimum of two years...  So I can say it is taking up a significant amount of time and it is a good thing that I'm retired.

I really don't know anything about Primal Craft.  

Now with regard to the Azoetia, the second edition is known as the "Sethos" edition and maybe that is what you were referring to.   However, Sethos is briefly explained in the Azoetia glossary this way:

Sethos: The Daimon of the Grimoire Azoetia; a noetic emanation of the Magical Quintessence; a mediator between Abel, Cain and Seth, that is, between, the Sacrificed Man of Clay (the Uninitiate Self), the Transformative Man of Fire (the Initiating and Becoming Self), and the Self-Transformed Man of Light (the Initiatic Self-existant One).
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 26
Location : PA, USA
Registration date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness

Post by VedantaBlack 08.06.21 20:47

SorcierRog wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Yes that parallel between serpent and dragon is something that I agree upon as well. Although for me, as an Asetianist, the stellar dragon has a very strong connection with Aset and her Daemons. It may not be the DBoE that addressed Seth but actually The Azoetia instead, I am not sure.

If I may ask, how or why do you view that the stellar dragon has a direct connection to Aset and her Daemons?  




See “Dragon Heart,” Violet Throne pages 244-247.

VedantaBlack
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 72
Location : Isfet
Registration date : 2020-08-25

Back to top Go down

Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness

Post by SorcierRog 11.06.21 14:24

...See “Dragon Heart,” Violet Throne pages 244-247.

Excellent reference. I have to admit that I did not recall this section, but it is very significant to me now.  I would speculate that LM either knew AC or was familiar with the DBoE because on page 245, first paragraph, LM  uses some key terminology that is very consistent with AC's writings; specifically the use of the term "adversary" and "opposer" especially as how it is used in the written context. Thank you for pointing out such an important reference.
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 26
Location : PA, USA
Registration date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum