Wrist tattoos: Dark Mark and other symbols.

+5
Victor
Elendor
Hellen
Dreamer
Aghrab
9 posters

Go down

Wrist tattoos: Dark Mark and other symbols. Empty Re: Wrist tattoos: Dark Mark and other symbols.

Post by Talibah 18.05.09 6:21

The Asetian Bible mentions other symbols which are tattooed on the wrist, other than the Dark Mark, does anyone have any idea what these may be?
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Wrist tattoos: Dark Mark and other symbols. Empty Re: Wrist tattoos: Dark Mark and other symbols.

Post by Jonathan 19.05.09 9:18

I'm sorry I just don't remember that part, Talibah. Could you please refer me to the proper passage in the Asetian Bible or quote it in here, so we can discuss it? I thought only the Dark Mark would be tattooed on an Asetian's wrist.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer 20.05.09 21:43

I don't think any other symbol would be tattooed on an Asetian's wrist... Shocked Please share with us which page you believe it mentions this.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-04-27

http://www.twitter.com/BleedingDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 21.05.09 2:35

p.69, last paragraph.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 21.05.09 6:26

“Unlike most of the symbols tattooed on the wrist,” refers to the wrist of general people... not Asetians. In other words, it says “Unlike how most tattoo their wrist, the Asetian's Dark Mark is always tattooed facing the Asetian.”.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 21.05.09 6:29

Also, I forgot to note... The Asetians see their wrist, which bares the Dark Mark, a deeply sacred place, that many times they do not even allow others to touch it, although that also has a metaphysical reason behind it. I cannot imagine them wearing any other tattoo where their sacred and beautiful Dark Mark sits, or even wearing any jewelry such as wristbands or bracelets above where the Dark Mark lays.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 21.05.09 9:51

I have interpreted it like Aghrab did. That paragraph refers to other people and other traditions that may bear a tattoo on their wrist as well. If we notice it, nearly everyone that has a tattoo on their arms, got the symbols facing the outside. Probably to show off or allow others to see them properly. But not Asetians. The Dark Mark is tattooed facing the Asetian's body, inverted to everyone else, as a symbol of their own divinity and power. I believe it makes full sense, and just like every other symbolism related with Asetianism, it is simply astonishing how every little detail about every single thing on the Asetian culture has a meaning, a reason and a hidden concept. I find that very motivating for any scholar, student or initiate of the occult...
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 21.05.09 12:29

Interesting what Aghrab mentioned. It is said that the Asetians are extremely cautious and careful about their left wrists, never wearing jewelry there, and never allowing anyone to touch them there, except very close individuals. That place is sacred for them. This has both spiritual and metaphysical reasons to be that way, and it is not connect to wether or not they have the Asetian Sigil tattooed on their skin. Even without it, they still have the Sigil metaphysically engraved in their Soul on that location, making it a very intimate and sacred place in any Asetian's body.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer 22.05.09 0:09

Very interesting information.If I may throw out this question...

So, since the left wrist is so divine and special, having the metaphysical sigil within its location... what would happen if, lets say, an Asetian gets a severe cut on that location, something beyond a small cut... would this, in any way, effect the metaphysical sigil? Neutral
Dreamer
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 22.05.09 5:46

No, the actual metaphysical 'tattoo' is on the Asetian soul not the wrist.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer 22.05.09 7:35

Victor wrote:Even without it, they still have the Sigil metaphysically engraved in their Soul on that location,

Victor said it is on that location, meaning the left wrist, and that is what I thought so as well... There is some great significance about that location, and I am assuming that it may harm the Asetian deeper than we think, if it gets injured.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 22.05.09 12:11

Dreamer, I am sure that would harm the Asetian more than just physically. Although an Asetian can never stop being an Asetian, if anyone would have that idea, but I believe physically harming the location of the Dark Mark would bring him also spiritual and metaphysical illness.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellen 22.05.09 14:28

Because of the intense sensitivity -I believe Asetians keep their wrists most of the time covered ,like is also seen in egyptian images of Gods.
And if there is the physical tatoo engraved in the place ,the position of the tatoo clearly shows -there is no need to display .

If is possible ,I wish to suggest moderators the split of this topic and merge it with the Dark Mark thread . It is a loss for such an interesting discussion to remain hidden in the future under a gossip title

Thank you

Hellen
Hellen
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Elendor 22.05.09 15:05

This thread was split from a previous one with unrelated topic and content by request from Hellen. Hope this works in a better organization and arrangement for the information being debated.

Elendor
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-06-01

https://www.vampirismforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 24.05.09 13:26

Wow, this has opened up far more than I initially anticipated. Smile

I do actually agree with alot of what everyone has said. But, going back to my original question, I'd like to throw something else into the mix, if I may.

I agree that an Asetians' left wrist, and the Dark Mark upon it are highly important/sacred to each of them - that was never in any doubt or subject to question in my mind. However, knowing how important various symbolism is to Asetians, I dont believe one has to stretch the realms of possibility too far to imagine other symbols of importance being tattooed upon themselves, for metaphysical purposes possibly.
There are, after all, two wrists and various other points of canvas upon the body.

And I am not suggesting Asetians are covered in a myriad of symbolic squiggles - that would be ridiculous.

Lets do this another way....hypothetically, if Asetians were to also tattoo other symbols upon themselves, which do you think they might be, and why? Remembering that the Dark Mark is an amalgamation of several symbols, creating one complete sacred sigil.

Oh, and just as an after note: the reason this particular line caught my attention ("unlike most of the symbols tattooed on the wrist") is because most symbols, pictures etc that are tattooed on a persons wrist do face the individual, just like the Dark Mark does to an Asetian. Can you imagine a name tattooed facing out, or an upside down bird or something, for example?
The wrist is one of the few places a person can have something tattooed there, and actually be able to see it constantly if they so wish.
So, with that said, the particular line in the Asetian Bible caught my attention as perhaps a little...uninformed?

*waits for frowns, immediate correction and a barrage of retorts*

Or...on the flip side, as intentionally flawed?

*shrugs*

Or maybe - as usual - I am simply thinking too much, and creating an ignorant portrayl of myself.
Either way, I've enjoyed the lines of thought and discussions on this so far. Smile
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 24.05.09 14:00

I really must disagree with Talibah on this one. Although there are certainly people that tattoo symbols facing themselves, like the Asetians, the vast majority of tattoos done on the wrists and arms do face the outside. Just look at the traditional art of Japanese tattooing and you will notice that right away. But even despite the traditional forms of arm tattoo, I have met a considerable amount of people in my life with wrist, arm and countless other forms of tattoo artwork, and the majority did have in fact the symbolism facing the outside and not their own bodies, with only a minority having it done as the Asetians describe their Dark Mark. Based on that I would not classify that passage in the Asetian Bible as uninformed or intentionally flawed, I don't believe it to have any secret meaning, but actually pointing out the reason of why they use it that way. That reason is in itself a symbol, and even the ones that may bear a symbol facing themselves would not be for that same reason as the Asetians but, as you said, simply because "they can see it constantly".
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 25.05.09 3:01

Talibah:

I don't think you are "creating an ignorant portrayal" of yourself, at all. Vampirism, dark spirituality and Asetianism are not exactly formal sciences, and we all here have to rely on intuition more than actual knowledge half of the time. Smile
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 25.05.09 11:56

No one in here is ignorant. We all may disagree on several things, as we sure agree on countless others. We are all here just to learn, and that happens by sharing our own views and experiences. What I know may help someone that did not have the same set of experiences as I did, but their own experiences gave them knowledge that I do not possess and can learn from. That's the beauty of diversity. We are all wrong in many things and right in others... and so we learn. Smile
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 26.05.09 2:58

*smiles and holds hands up* ok ok ok...I got it wrong ! Smile

I am not ignorant.

Asetians only have one tattoo.

The Dark Mark is definitely more than a tattoo....

...Understood. Smile

I'll drop it now (even though no one actually answered my 'hypothetical' question)
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 26.05.09 5:56

hypothetically, if Asetians were to also tattoo other symbols upon
themselves, which do you think they might be, and why? Remembering that
the Dark Mark is an amalgamation of several symbols, creating one
complete sacred sigil.
My guess would be that if there were other physical or metaphysical tattoos, they would be the Sacred Pillars . . . only a guess though. Of course there is much that is still hidden from the public and some of that could also be any other symbols / sigils that are sacred to the Asetians.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 26.05.09 9:55

Answering to Talibah's hypothetical question, I believe that there are many other sigils within the Aset Ka that are extremely potent and yet secret. Some of those sigils could be tattooed on an Asetian's body, not sure where, that would depend on the sigil and its inner magick and symbolism. But being themselves such beings of powerful symbolism, I am sure there are countless sigils that we do not know of with enormous beauty.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down