Primordial Deity

4 posters

Go down

Primordial Deity Empty Primordial Deity

Post by Azrael 22.08.09 23:17

I know the basis of the creation of the Gods and how they taught us knowledge, gave us gifts...
What I am trying to say though is who is the one primordial deity, the deity who in essence is the combination of both The God and Goddess, which I believe have many faces giving us many gods and goddesses...I believe all Gods as being a God and all Goddesses as being a Goddess...As a whole though, what is this 'one" deity...
Some traditions or beliefs it is Ra, others Amun...
My theory is this 'one' has many names and manifests into multiple deities in my eyes...
I don't know if my point got out or not, thank you for reading in advance...
Azrael
Azrael
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Primordial Deity Empty Re: Primordial Deity

Post by Ankhhape 23.08.09 15:21

In Asetian Cosmogony this is Amon . . . pg.39

Egyptian religion is what is called Pantheistic, the understanding that there is One supreme Being from where a Polytheism of Gods & Goddesses emerge from.

All Gods & Goddesses contain masculine & feminine aspects to them along with multiple 'faces' attributes.

Very unlike the simplistic narrow mindedness of future belief systems or the first Monotheistic system of Akhenaton, the Kemetic Religion (as well as others) is a deep metaphysical system that rides on the edge of modern day Quantum Physics.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RudraShiva 24.08.09 2:24

Hello Azrael.

The so called "primordial deity" that you asked about is what I call Chaos. You can find a similar terminology within the Chaos Magick paradigm, where this "first god" is called like that because this is a neutral term, "free form the childlish, anthropomorphic ideas of religion" (Peter Carroll, Liber Null pag 28). Some other traditions that use the same name for this concept are the "anti cosmic current" (anti cosmic satanism a la Temple of the Black Light) and The Order of Nine Angles.

However, you have to keep in mind that this "thing" is not a god. In fact, all gods and goddesses are man made, anthropomorfic images that we create in order to represent certain energies in the Cosmos. Chaos is the ultimate reality. It is God, The Void, The Tao, The Acausal. It is the source of everything that exists, the source of time, space, matter and divine beigns.

All systems of spirituality have a similar concept. In the qabalistic tradition it is called The Ain Sof (or just Ain, now I´m not sure). In Tantric cosmology it is Brahman.

I think there are not "god forms" to represent such a concept. Maybe you could say that the dragon Tiamat from the Sumerians represents Chaos, or maybe Amon, from the asetian cosmogony as Ankhhape said. I don´t know. For me, The Source (Chaos) is something that has not personality
and, as such, I use concept such as "The Source", "Chaos", "The Eternal".

It is just a concept and not a "god" in my personal system of beliefs.
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 24.08.09 11:15

Azrael:
Keep in mind that what RudraShiva is talking about pertains to Chaos Magick paradigms.

Asetian Cosmogony refers to Duat as the nonphysical, ethereal reality filled with Nothingness and chaos. Without concept of time, eternal.

Nun the abyssal waters of chaos resides in the Duat, from where everything emerges.

From unbalances and fusion of opposites, chaos was set in motion, and the primeval consciousness emerged - AMON
- paraphrased from the Asetian Bible 'book of Nun

RuraShiva: would that fit in with your beliefs by chance?
I really like when several belief systems come together as an almost 'unified theory'.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by RudraShiva 24.08.09 13:28

Hello Ankhhape.

Just a little correction: what I was talking about on my previous post does NOT pertain to Chaos Magick paradigms. The concept of Chaos is central to every system of spirituality and even magic. Maybe we could say that it is the word "chaos" what pertains to the Chaos Magick paradigm,
however, the concept that such a word designates is older than said paradigm.

For example, in Qabalah, Chaos would be "The Ain". It is also known by such names as the Nothingness, The Void, The Tao or even God. The source of everything is the ultimate reality, it is what has been called God.

I don´t know if it was Peter Carroll in his Liber Null the first to termed the word chaos. Maybe he was, but, once again, the concept of "chaos" and acausality is older than Carroll and it is basic for magic and spirituality.

In fact, even the Asetian Bible has such a concept as you pointed out Ankhhape. In the quote that you did, the bible is talking about Chaos, or The Ain, or God, The Source or whatever the name. Yes, it fits in my beliefs, of course.

Chaos is central to my magic, my spirituality and my word-view.
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 24.08.09 14:48

I stand corrected, thank you!
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 24.02.10 15:41

I know what you speak of... I have developed in my beliefs and no longer believe in the gods like before... I believe in Chaos as well as Order... All beings are embodiments of Darkness or Light...
Azrael
Azrael
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 02.03.10 0:29

Primordial Deity Icon_biggrin
Azrael wrote:I know the basis of the creation of the Gods and how they taught us knowledge, gave us gifts...
What I am trying to say though is who is the one primordial deity, the deity who in essence is the combination of both The God and Goddess, which I believe have many faces giving us many gods and goddesses...I believe all Gods as being a God and all Goddesses as being a Goddess...As a whole though, what is this 'one" deity...
My theory is this 'one' has many names and manifests into multiple deities in my eyes...
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 06.04.10 8:20

Azrael wrote:I know the basis of the creation of the Gods and how they taught us knowledge, gave us gifts...

How can mortals define a god , when they don't know what to look for ???

How can a goddess or god only have one name, especial the goddess since the goddess is the female force and that the Donna is e mobile ???

In other words ... she moves ... every woman is capable of doing "everything" its just depends on her mood for the day Wink and which way she sees the situation at hand.
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down