Member Intro

5 posters

Go down

Member Intro Empty Member Intro

Post by N.Augusta 30.01.10 7:02

Greetings,

I have been a silent observer for about a month now as I am quite picky on forums that I will participate in. The members on this forum display a high level of maturity and respect to one another, regardless of differences of opinions, age, and/or backgrounds, which is why I am here. I assure you that I will certainly do the same. My intention for being here is to learn and to discuss things that I would not normally talk about with those around me. Please forgive me, if I occasionally ask, what may appear to be a stupid question, regarding areas that are somewhat un/familiar and or new to me. As I mentioned, I am here to learn.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you all.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Member Intro Empty Re: Member Intro

Post by Nebibi 30.01.10 7:04

Greetings N.Augusta,

If you are here to learn then you are definitely in the right place.
Welcome!
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 30.01.10 8:47

Hello Augusta and welcome to the Vampire Community. You don't have to be sorry, no question is stupid and we are all here to learn with eachother. There is no one that knows it all and we all wish to evolve, grow and learn. You are welcome to do the same together with all of us.

If you don't mind me asking, what made you interested in vampirism and Asetianism?
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahina 31.01.10 6:12

Welcome to the Vampirism Forum N.Augusta.

Blessings,
Kahina.
Kahina
Kahina
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 02.02.10 13:06

Thank you very much for the welcomes, much appreciated. J

Jonathan, thank you for asking such questions, I should have mentioned them in my original post. Also, many thanks for your kind words.

My interest in vampirism is due in part, because I write about fictional vampires. (I have four books written thus far and now I am working on, editing and rewrites.) My interests in vampirism, is also out of genuine curiosity, as I am trying to further my understanding regarding the feeding of psychic/ mental, and earthly energy that is involved. I also would like to ask real vampires, for opinions on fiction related questions. Regrettably, I will not be as active on here as I would like, because I have an overwhelming amount of work to complete.

My interest in the Aset Ka, is purely to learn on a personal level. I will study more after I wrap up my writing project, which will take time. I believe I may have read somewhere that a newer version of the Asetian Bible will come out later, and if so and depending on how long, then I will, or will not wait for it. With the utmost respect, I do not want to read it until I have finished my writings.

As many of you feel, I also I feel a connection to the words of Luis Marquees that I have come across. How do I describe it? His powerful words resonate inside, and pull on you. I greatly admire his ability to express so much in even the smallest statements (i.e. twitter posts w/ its limit of characters) as his words send me into deep thought. It is rare when one will reach me in such a way through words. Even at random times, some of these statements will somehow come into mind. I look forward to reading his statements when someone reposts them here, or on videos, as I do not use twitter.

Thank you all again for the kind welcomes.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 02.02.10 13:15

Well, I did it again. I am sorry that my words came out so small once again.
Honestly, because I need room to type and I do use spell check, I must first write in Word and then paste it here...
Sorry again.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 02.02.10 16:50

Don't worry about the small text, it is still readable. I agree with what you said about the words of Luis Marques, I can feel the same. He certainly has a rare gift about words and their magick.
Tell me more about your books, I am interested...
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 03.02.10 15:10

Jonathan,

Okay, about my books (thanks for asking) well here goes it,

I know this will sound strange, but for me, it is actually easier to write 400+ pages, instead of a short description. I believe the reason for this, is due to my attachment to my stories and characters, or because the books are so intense. Therefore, I feel that nothing that I can say, in short, will properly suffice, but I will try.

The best analogy that I can come up with in short, that most will be familiar with, is to think of Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood with A. Rice type of vampires, though this description is way off base. (I had to put a female woman in there, because that is what is selling now)

Now throw in, a few vampire kings, wars, magic, werewolves, a demon, ancient Gods, failed love, horrific bloody fight scenes, suicide/ murder, a possible ghost, love triangle, corruption, bittersweet revenge, sacred unbreakable bonds, and betrayal, which is all fully packed with intense emotion.

My main intention is to leave the reader with many “WTF” moments and the “No, no, no, don’t do it” moments to keep the reader actively engaged. It is a real psychological/ emotional teaser. Oh and there is plenty of humor mixed in as well, because the vampires range from hundreds, or thousands of years old, and try to deal with humans the best they can, which can be, oh so horribly frustrating.

Well, because this is a public forum with many outside eyes passing by, I will gladly send you a page and a half description, which I am currently working on, if you would like to see more.

Merci beaucoup
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 03.02.10 15:35

Thanks for sharing it with all of us. And yes, I would certainly be interested in reading more if that is possible.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 04.02.10 10:19

You are welcome. I am happy to share with members here. It is fair that I share more details with at least one member here, as I am here to ask for opinions, terms, etc.

Jonathan, I will gladly share with you and appreciate your feedback. I only ask that you do not share it with anyone as I have not published yet. :-) Merci beaucoup. :-)
How do I send it to you? Do I PM you if I catch you on here?
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 04.02.10 13:06

Yes, feel free to PM me anytime.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 05.02.10 8:05

I sent it to you, and thanks for reading.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotaro 23.02.10 20:12

Welcome N.Augusta.
Kotaro
Kotaro
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 27.02.10 11:19

Thank you Kotaro! It is good to be here.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down