Oclumancy Information

4 posters

Go down

Oclumancy  Information Empty Oclumancy Information

Post by Nebibi 22.08.11 18:18

Greetings All,

I was curious about the practice of oclumancy which is spoken about in the Asetian Bible, but when I try to research the subject I keep coming up with the term from Harry Potter. Can someone please direct me to a good webiste or even a book that can shed some light on the subject?
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Oclumancy  Information Empty Re: Oclumancy Information

Post by Daniel09 22.08.11 18:57

It appears that the subject is not addressed as occlumancy. It tends to be referred to when talking about telepathy and clairvoyance, such as here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/50577378/CLAIRVOYANCE-AND-OCCULT-POWERS-William-Walker-Atkinson
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 22.08.11 19:52

Nebibi wrote:Greetings All,

I was curious about the practice of oclumancy which is spoken about in the Asetian Bible, but when I try to research the subject I keep coming up with the term from Harry Potter. Can someone please direct me to a good webiste or even a book that can shed some light on the subject?
I had this same problem when I first started studying the metaphysical use of wands for purposes other than ritual. The influence of fiction is so vast that such information completely overpowers the rare occult texts and discussions over the subject.
Besides such a reason, I also believe most of those subjects deal with very advanced magick, which is not really published in books but taught directly through initiations and such practices by covens. Still, some information is out there to be found and albeit frustrating to research it can still be done out of a structured group like a coven.

An important note in here is to say that in Harry Potter the author uses the term Occlumency while in the Asetian Bible the author refers the occult concept of Oclumancy. Although we can speculate that Rowling adapted the occult Oclumancy into her works and changed the word slightly, we should keep in mind that both words are in fact different, so the concepts can be quite different as well.

I also believe Daniel is right when he mentions that Oclumancy has more ties with telepathy and clairvoyance than it does with the actual description in Harry Potter's books.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 09.10.11 17:42

Oclumancy belongs to the elitist sects of witchcraft and about this there is no doubts. Which means that most of us do not have access to this knowledge, very dangerous and important. I believe that the most serious Orders such as OP, OTP, VWG, among others, have at least one person specializing in Oclumancy. Anyway, we have some details on how to get close to Oclumancy. As described in Asetian Bible all our thoughts are stored in our Inner Plane, It's in Inner plane where dreams happens to. It's a plane of many obstacles and with alot of Shields, not easy to hacking any mind. I agree with Jonathan when he talk about the speculation between Rowling and Asetian knowledge, in truth, i prefer an other movie to describe Oclumancy. Christopher Jonathan James Nolan, is a film director create a interesting movie: Inception - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/ It's very interesting see how he manipulate all things in dreams. The movie was inspired by the concepts of lucid dreaming and dream incubation and seems to me more real than Harry Potter. Once we hacked .. everything is possible in our mind, we will be invalid against our attacker. On the other hand, I think there are always consequences for what we do. Action = Reaction.
The main point of Oclumancy is the Power of concentration, the power to control our mind, the part where the machine is not controled by binaries numbers but by our Self. Raja-Yoga called for many of you a Right Hand Path and in my view have many truths to discovery in their study. Raja-Yoga explain and teach you how to make your mind disciplined. This is the key, a mind disciplined. Occult discipline is a fundamental key too but this part is more hard for everyone that do not iniciated in metaphisical word...
Other aspect, it's important to have knowledge in diverse areas, like human psychology. Often people end up unintentionally reveal details, and information is obtained there. This is undoubtedly a very complex subject ...
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down