Exercise 1...Ritual Candle Magick.

+3
witchmark
Kalb
Jonathan
7 posters

Go down

Exercise 1...Ritual Candle Magick. Empty Exercise 1...Ritual Candle Magick.

Post by witchmark 26.03.12 10:29

I learned this years ago by word of mouth. I could be wrong, but I have never seen this printed in a book or on a set of boards. If it has been printed before or posted, then I am happy due to the fact that I have had countless success with this method. Not only for myself but when I have done work for others. Not a lot of items are needed for this one so the cost of working by this means is very affordable for anyone.

All you will need is a ritual knife, a candle and olive oil. For this exercise, lets pick out a white candle and focus on removing negativity from our lives. Prior to starting the ritual, take a long bath, meditate, or whatever is personal for centering yourself. Centering is important regardless of any magick that you perform as it enhances the will. After you have centered yourself take the ritual knife and the white candle....carve your name from the bottom up. Then carve remove negativity from the top down. After you have done that, pour a little olive oil in your dominate hand (the one you write with) and rub the oil from center of the candle to the top and then rub the candle from the center to the bottom of the candle.

This is called anointing the candle. Once you have anointed the candle, hold the candle firmly in your dominate hand and focus your will and your energy into the candle. Watch or feel the energy and intend travel down your arm and into the candle. When you feel as though the candle itself will burst with your intent and energy place the candle in a candle holder. Take a seat in front of the candle and light it. I personal, close my eyes and end up seeing through my eyelids and can see not only the candle but the room I am in. I allow the energy to turn white and surround me. I then allow that same energy into my body and astral.

Allow the candle to burn completely. You do not need to stay in ritual during the complete burning of the candle. So if you need to be away from the house make sure you place the candle in a secure place. Either in the bath tub or in sand as catching your house or apartment on fire is not a desired result. Make sure the candle can burn safely away from children and pets as well.

To make sure that others understand that this type of low magick can work for anything. It depends on the candle color, intent, and the way of which one anoints a candle.

To banish or have something go away from you, you simply anoint the candle from the middle to the top and from the middle to the bottom. Just as we have given instructions for in this exercise.

To bring something to you, you would anoint the candle from the bottom to the middle and from the top to the middle.

If you remember to carve on your candles as this dumps energy into the candle as well as starts a deep focus of the will, I think you will find success easier.

If there are any questions on what I have posted here, please let me know.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Exercise 1...Ritual Candle Magick. Empty Re: Exercise 1...Ritual Candle Magick.

Post by DCxMagus 29.03.12 16:34

maybe a list of colors that correspond with the various intents that are trying to be achieved would be in order.

As I remember there were quite a few different colors to used based on what you were trying to use the magick for.

Also I've heard making the candles yourself will help with success as you can dump energy into the candle as it is created.

DCxMagus
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 29.03.12 17:47

DCxMagus,

Any prep work prior to the actual working will aid in its success. I listed the color white as it has been used to remove negativity for the color of the candle for this exercise. To be very honest with you, many practitioners will find that different colors work well for them. One can find a list of colors associated for candle magick on the the net or in candle magick books. I know of one that simply uses white candles and does not deviate from that color....no matter what she was working on. It was a color that she always felt worked as in her world white was the color that held all the other colors...hope you can follow what I just wrote.

It would be my advice to read about the different colors and how they are associated. You might want to know up front that most books list planetary aspects to the colors as well as certain days of the week. I don't pay attention to the planetary aspects nor to the days of the week as I find this not to be necessary for success. Again, it is individual beliefs that will effect what you have asked about. The end results, regardless of color will be with the intention that you "load" the candle with. I can not give any bigger hint than that. So, even though this is considered "candle magick", it truly is an exercise for energy manipulation. If one were to just take a second look at the ritual given, one can break it down and see that.

If you or anyone else has any other questions, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them. Thanks for the questions, I thought they were good ones.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 30.03.12 9:05

It is Friday so we would appreciate your report as to how you found this exercise worked for each of you.

My report...........

I am so glad Witchmark posted this. I tried 3 times to set this up and do it and I could not do it because in my mind I saw conflict in how I usually do my exercise to accomplish anything. I did not want to mix these two in my mind and combine techniques sending everything into mix-mesh.....(lol....in my mind). Who would even consider I would be messed up in the mind. (I am known as Uncle Fester from the Addams Family........really.) People consider me just a little strange.

I finally decided that this would be a good time to try something with this exercise that I really want to be able to accomplish. I have decided I want to be able to operate in a method like Edgar Cayce did. This would be a good time to try that and get into Witchmarks technique.

I lay down on my bed and went from there into my temple area. (I have a room covered from all excess light and set up with altar and chair. It is all I use the temple area for. So you can say I went into this exercise in astral mode or mental mode).

I decided on what I would require for a finished goal and built that up inside me and then sent it into my arm and through my palm and charged the candle. I then lit it and then moved to leave to return to my body in the next room...At that point I noticed a black robed being standing in the temple area. I was not expecting any help. I then made mental comment to execute my goal to the being and left and returned into my bedroom.

Why I found this great is that when I went back with my body, I decided to try some other techniques and in the process I found the proper way to relax to go to the astral. I had always heard about the shift that one feels in the relaxation part. I found that area and went in and out of it 3 times at will. I found that I was awake at the same time I was asleep in my body........mind awake, body asleep...and to test it I went to an area and jumped off a first floor building into the sand to make sure....and found that I had no feeling of pain when I hit the sand/ground. I was going to roll as one is trained when jumping from a plane, but found I did not have to do that. This was a great learning experience.

So everything taken into account......I am so glad this technique came up....although I was not very deep using it as written, I still found that the goal will be carried out and that I also learned other things while doing this.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 30.03.12 10:13

Fantastic Maxx! There is no reason why one can not take from a part of one ritual and then extend it out into another. We all work differently. I am glad that you found this to be useful. Smile

I did the remove negativity aspect as was posted. I felt my solar plexus churn and then I felt the vibrations extend from that point outward throughout my own body. It was a physical feeling. What did I notice afterwards....the negative thoughts that were with me from time to time during the past few weeks are completely gone.

Now to take this further, should I strive to do more "candle magick" for something else.....I will not have to worry about a negative thought that just might take my working into failure. Rather I should see more of a success rate.

When this is done, the individual sometimes simply see that they are treated better by the masses but the masses are clueless as to why they suddenly like a person. Vibrational change! Energy manipulated! To prove that it exists is everything, you see. So with that proof, one can then take on other experiments and actually start to improve their lives. It doesn't really matter if the improving is on a dayside or a nightside arena. If you follow.

I certainly hope that others have found this useful. If not, just be honest. I have full understanding that not all techniques work for everyone. On the subject of honesty....it is important to have that with the self as well as others as it makes for a wonderfully strong foundation in which to ascend.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 30.03.12 16:03

This is a nice simple ritual, especially useful to members that are starting to experiment with ritual magick and exploring that side of energy manipulation. My thanks go to witchmark for taking the step and sharing the exercise with the community.
I'm sorry but I wasn't able to work with this method for the time being as I'm in the process of moving to a new house so between that and work I don't have the time and place to work my ritual magick, so currently my metaphysical practices have been with energy manipulation without the ceremonial side of ritual. I'm still reading you guys and has been very interesting and productive to read your own experiences this far. Hoping for other members to step in as well.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 30.03.12 17:17

No problems, Jonathan. It is my personal feelings that as we progress we drop the props once getting the hang of energy work/manipulation. However, there are times that I do find it fun to do ritual. It can be romantic and I am not referring to the essence of the lover's type of romance. Wink

Happy move to you and may your house be blessed to your liking!

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 30.03.12 17:36

Em Hotep,

witchmark: Please, let me give you a great thanks for this thread, you give some details that I never thought before. I have not practiced the exercise yet, I apologize for the delay, but certainly I will give you my feedback. In Feng Shui there are two key plants for optimal functioning of positive energy: Cactus and Bamboo. The bamboo is the plant responsible for the good/positive circulation of energy in the house and the cactus is the plant responsible for the lighting of negative energy, and as you can see the cactus has needles around him, poking the negative energy and remove it. Taking the symbolism of the cactus I always thought about how to make a simple and effective ritual and curiously you wrote about that.

P.S: Give me some days and I will let you know my conclusion.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 30.03.12 20:07

Stalker, take all the time you need. I am glad that this has been a positive thread. This was all Maxx idea, btw. I hope you found it in off topic section here. Please feel free to come in and get involved with the sharing of exercises. I actually had no idea about the cactus and bamboo. Thanks for that bit of knowledge.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by DCxMagus 31.03.12 3:22

I'll be honest, every time I go out to run errands I mean to pick up a candle but end up either short on time or forgetting =( But this is something I have tired in the past and had success with it, my goal this week is to get a candle and work with this ritual. Unfortunately in my current living situation I don't have a dedicated ritual area like my last house, but I have began cleansing my sleeping area and amplifying the energy. It should be read for ritual work soon, I just need to craft or find a knife in which I can infuse with energy and make my ritual tool. I've been looking for a kris, those always seem to work well for me as ritual tools.

DCxMagus
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 31.03.12 4:17

I don't like to use excuses, but I have no area to accomplish this were I in possession of my candles. My residence forbids even incense.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 31.03.12 6:44

No problems. If there was no area for you to work in than you had no area. Thanks for being honest.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 31.03.12 9:55

Daniel,
Your situation would lend great opportunity working in meditation or astral realm in doing exactly her exercise....as I found this was what helped me with my focus on it. In this case I think you would develop your astral ability more quickly working with it that way. Just a suggestion.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinata Anika Asti 31.03.12 16:30

Greetings...I would like to again thank Maxx for such a wonderful idea, and Witchmark for the exercise posted...To Daniel, your post cause a chuckle in me ...and may make the others here laugh as well...I just had some fresh white sage delivered last week...I was lighting it in my apartment and got carried away or at least that is what the smoke detectors said...As I was deep in peaceful meditation, they proceeded to go off and almost triggered the complex system that dials the fire department...For about 5 min I kept hearing smoke...evacuate now...evacuate now...Ah...modern times...Smh...Smh...

I completed this ritual exercise today...Approximately 20 minutes ago...I did not have a large candle so I substituted with a white tea light candle which I removed from the metal foil...I was still able to do the carving of the words regardless of the size...Also, I had lit my white sage while doing the centering meditation and used the ashes in the oil I anointed the candle with...

While I was holding the candle in my dominant(right) hand, I visualized many traumatic and or negative experiences that have occurred, and things that are currently annoying me a great deal...I directed this energy into the candle as directed...

I must confess I found the results quite interesting...As I was doing this, nothing was happening at first...So I decided to dig deeper into my memories...Then, I felt my astral form divided into two, the light and dark half...The light half was on the left, and the dark half was on the dominant(right) handed side...I could see it, and the feeling was intense...It was a rolling and orgasmic sensation...Also, the dominant side of me began to feel as if I was turning into something hard and brittle yet strong at the same time if that makes any sense...like a type of stone or igneous rock...

In conclusion, I am still feeling mild residual physical effects and waves of energy... This was very interesting and I would love to hear your thoughts or insights into my personal experience with this ritual...

...Sinata...
Sinata Anika Asti
Sinata Anika Asti
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 31.03.12 22:12

DCxMagus I just saw your post. Feed back would be wonderful. When you get around it I sure do hope you find it positive.

Sinata Anika Asti, I wish I could give you some inspiring information pertaining to your experience. Unfortunately, the experience truly does belong to the the individual performing the experiment. YOU!

I recommend paying close attention to your dreams and recommend meditation. I would have to say for sure, you learned something new about yourself! I might even advice watching your emotional cords for a bit. Watching how you feel on an emotional level. If things seem a bit weird or even feel a bit off I would recommend repeating the ritual and if you feel you need extra aid....I would join you on my end. My initial reactions were that you hold onto A LOT of pain and that things annoy you for a bit longer than what most people allow it to. That is simply an initial reaction and I realize I could be very very wrong. But you did ask so I answered you, right or wrong. None the less, you did appear to have one very strong experience! Thanks for testing this and sharing.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinata Anika Asti 31.03.12 23:44

Witchmark, thank you for the further advice...I actually always feel quite balanced...like my soul is 50/50...So, to have seen what I feel was an awesome experience...I am actually feeling wonderful...I do not relate to nor have the same feelings and thoughts most inhabiting this planet do, and so my annoyances are a form of disgust for the current state of affairs on this planet... My father died 7 years ago, and he was more of a best friend than father... The anniversary of this was the 29th, I found him on the 30th and so I chose yesterday to complete the activity as this was going to be my last year of mourning... So, you are correct, I was holding on to a lot of intense emotion... I can't wait to see the experience of others as well Smile

...Sinata...
Sinata Anika Asti
Sinata Anika Asti
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 01.04.12 7:24

Sinata Anika Asti....I actually hope you participate in the act of sharing....you seem to have a mind that just might be way ahead of the ballgame actually. Balance is always one of the key factors. I have seen people with great potential literally take their own lives by stepping away from that balancing act. Sad as it is, it does happen.

I am truly sorry for the loss of your father. That is short but there really are no words other than that.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 11.04.12 17:29

Em Hotep,

I don’t know why, but I do not feel comfortable using this ritual. I love cleaning the environment around me, I am selective person and I am a lover of Reiki. But.. when the subject comes to remove the negativity of my life I don’t accept well. Seems I don't want remove because to me, negativity is like Yin Yang part of live. Knows live with good/positive side of myself and survive and understand the negativity. Life is full of lessons, and certainly there are lessons we learn only when we are in negative mode. Likewise happens for the positive mode. I prefer to handle all my negativity and to know what extent I am able to bear than trying to remove something just happens. I prefer to handle all my negativity and to know what extent I am able to bear than trying to remove. I Need understand why it happens so.. my point here is keeping the balance between both modes and do not falling in decay. Reaching this conclusion was really surprising to me because until I start doing your exercise I did not have this notion of me, I got another view of me. Thank you.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 11.04.12 22:09

I suppose your welcome is appropriate. But in reality, what you are speaking of the exercise was not designed to do. The negativity I was referring to removing is that crap that builds up during interactions with daily living. So that one can manage their lives easily. One can even take that ritual a step rather and use it to remove neg. thought forms that may crop up for anther ritual.

Stalker, everyone has positive and negativity within them. We all have good and evil within us as well. That is a given. This ritual was designed to put the accumulated negativity from the environment/dealings with people to a minimum.

I hope that aids in a better understanding which is all I wish to do here for you. You do not have to incorporate that which you find useless. If you find this ritual useless than that is how you find it. No harm. However, with that said, kudos to you for attempting it. You showed that you are not afraid to try something new....my hat is off to you.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 12.04.12 1:40

LOL.

My interpretation was so good O_O. Please, accept my apologies for having understand very badly your words. I feel now a bit embarrassed. In fact I usually use the japonese technique Kenyoku is a technique of self-cleaning or self-purification. Serves to draw any negative energy, coarse and disharmonious.

Please, Let me give you another chance to do the exercise and I'll tell you what I felt.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 12.04.12 3:15

I believe that I was not very clear in my previous post.

witchmark wrote:For this exercise, lets pick out a white candle and focus on removing negativity from our lives.

This excerpt was what made ​​me think that the negativity was what exists within us and when I started doing the ritual I focused precisely on this point to remove the negativity that exists within me. I appreciate your patience and care to make me see that my interpretation was wrong. In fact, this type of exercise motivates me a lot.

Kenyoku Ho, is an 'energy cleansing'/'aura smoothing' practice. This is what I have practiced daily to cleanse me. - http://www.aetw.org/d_kenyoku.htm

Right now, I'm very curious to feel a sense of ritual and vibrations. It may be totally different from what I have felt.

Give me again a few days and you have again my feedback.

Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 12.04.12 9:12

Stalker,

You have given me a little chuckle....I had not realized until you pointed it out just how my words sounded. I see how you could easily take it differently than what I had intended....the problem with the written word, now isn't it. Had you written in your natural language...I would not even begin to understand the first word.

Take all the time you need. I do encourage you to perhaps share via an exercise some of your practices. I would enjoy trying them.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 12.04.12 19:31

I must confess that I liked the end result, this exercise is about grounded state connected with the health, body, poverty and wealth. Very useful and helpful to everyone that wish change their "status" of living. Many times people say "I don't have enough power to remove all negativity in myself", well, this exercises prove that no needs "power/strong" to change the status of feelings, just needed a concentration to connect him to the candle and let the candle do the job alone. Funny, I felt an interesting detail… For some moment I felt a burning candle by intuition. I mean, seems that I felt the candle check my aura and burn the negative spot. At times, I felt a heats out of my body. In general.. the exercise is very interesting.

Now… the method Kenyoku Ho is very different from this ritual, I feel an energetic shift, I feel lighter, but the depth and intensity is totally different. There are two exercises for the same purpose but in totally different result. Anyone here who knows the method Kenyoku Ho works and share your experience? I'm interested to know what you think about the exercise of withmark and Kenyoku Ho.

witchmark: finally, I did the exercise. After all this mess I have to admit that you were just great to share this exercise with us. Your ritual reminded me an exercise I usually do. I'll write it for you tomorrow. Thanks for everything.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 13.04.12 21:43

Thanks Stalker. I am glad you did the ritual and found it useful. I will be excited to try one of yours.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down