Books on Neteru or on Egypt in General

2 posters

Go down

Books on Neteru or on Egypt in General Empty Books on Neteru or on Egypt in General

Post by Arkanos 28.11.08 4:56

Had an interesting, possibly illuminating dream the other morning -- my mind was telling me that certain centers of consciousness that were manifesting in my sleeping brain as productive characters toward understanding were in fact Neteru -- "gods", as it were. One might simply refer to them as archetypes, but what felt new was the recognition of a kind of centered consciousness behind the term; I've had this feeling before without naming it -- that, though certain elements in my dreams were obviously of my own construction, there were others that are more like doorways, themselves conscious somehow, and from a consciousness outside.

In any event, my imagination has been stirred and I'm looking into boning up on the Neteru and Egyptian religion, as well as Egyptian history, in general.

In searching the Internet, I've tripped across the existence of one Moustafa Gadalla, author, and I'm finding myself drawn to reading his works (and with an eye toward formulating in my mind possible tidbits of Asetianism).

One interesting thing that I had already been half-looking for was something that illuminated any existing parallels between Ancient Egyptians and the so-called gypsies (some of this partly by way recognizing that the Aset Ka is centered in Portugal and may have a more than a coincidental relation to them, though I really have no idea). That the author I mentioned has written a book on just this topic (entitled Egyptian Romany) I take as a clue that I really should read this guy.

Here's something interesting from that book's preface that I found online --

"Chapter two, Our Heavenly Mother, shows how Ancient Egypt and Iberia share the intense love for the Virgin Mother (known in Ancient Egypt as Auset (Isis) and in Christianity as Mary/Maria). A shortened version of the story of Auset and Ausar is presented, so as to draw parallels between the Ancient Egyptian Auset and the Virgin Mary. The role of Mary/Auset formed the basis for the matrilineal/matriarchal societal framework. This chapter also show the role of the bull in Ancient Egypt and Iberia, and that the practices of bullfights and running of the bulls in Iberia can only be found in Ancient Egypt, since at least 5,000 years ago."

Very suggestive! Also, I find it more than interesting that the original meaning of KA (so I've read) is "bull."

I'm curious to know who on these forums might have read the author mentioned and could possibly recommend him. Also, I'm wondering if there are any books (besides the AB, of course, and besides Egyptian source-texts, which I am looking into) that posters here have found helpful in (possibly!) teasing out a peculiarly Asetian comprehension.

Many thanks.
Arkanos
Arkanos
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Books on Neteru or on Egypt in General Empty Re: Books on Neteru or on Egypt in General

Post by Ankhhape 28.11.08 8:03

I have a few of his books and find them very good and informative, he is very pro Egyptian and pulls no punches when it comes to defining Kemet as the origin of so many things.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Books on Neteru or on Egypt in General Empty Re: Books on Neteru or on Egypt in General

Post by Arkanos 28.11.08 12:43

Thanks, Ankhhape. I'm going to give that author a whirl. I like the excerpts I've read and I like that he has the mind of an engineer (since he is one) and that part of his goal is to make things as clear as possible. Sounds promising.
Arkanos
Arkanos
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down