Jonathan
Maxx
witchmark
Victor
12 posters

Go down

Dion Fortune and the Aset Ka Empty Dion Fortune and the Aset Ka

Post by Victor 06.08.12 10:22

During my studies with the Book of Orion I noticed the inclusion of two quotes from Dion Fortune found in her texts on the Kabbalah. Like there are people that have found evidence that Crowley was familiar with some Asetian concepts when he was developing his own system of Thelema, I have also questioned myself something similar in relation to Dion Fortune. This is not to say that she was an Asetianist, as I am convinced that she wasn't, but she also left many hints that she had knowledge of the Asetian path and their magickal tradition in her studies, during a time that the Aset Ka was much more secretive than it is today.

I'm not sure if her knowledge on Asetianism was preserved in the hidden studies of the Society of the Inner Light, the occult order she founded after leaving the Golden Dawn and that it's still active today. From my own studies I am inclined to believe that both Crowley's and Fortune's knowledge on the secretive Asetian path was lost or at least withheld within the original Golden Dawn structure and can only be found in its secretive branches that survived to this day, which I shall not name, and are most if not entirely lost to the more accessible groups like the Society of the Inner Light and Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO).

I will leave you with three interesting quotes from Dion Fortune that were published long ago but not included in the Book of Orion, and that while their interpretation is not obvious I believe they give great hints to details in the Asetian tradition and have a very obvious connection with the teachings from the Aset Ka.

"In Daath is realized the understanding of and unity with the rest of the Sephiroth on the Tree. It is the Throne where the Ancient of Days does sit - but this Throne is a state and not an object (as are all Throne such as The Throne of Isis)."

This one is probably the most interesting, and I shall refrain from giving my own interpretation at this time.

"In order to complete that process the fully developed and mature soul goes through a strict discipline, again in an opposite manner to that on the Desert Path. It is a discipline of the White Isis not of the Black Isis and its secret lies in the need for the soul to gather all aspects of itself together and to propel itself towards the Greater Self waiting to take that soul into itself."

In here not only she mentions the duality of Aset expressed through her light and dark aspects the Asetians taught us about (but which alone do not constitute enough viable evidence of Asetian connection), as there is a most surprising mention of the "Desert Path" in the same context. As many of you may know, the Desert Path is often how the spiritual path of the Red Order of Seth is referred to, in their own Sethian interpretation of Asetianism. The Desert Path is, in simple terms, Asetianism interpreted by the Sethians. Historically Sethians had their settlements in the desert in Ancient Egypt while the Asetians held control over the empire on the shores of the Nile, making us wonder if she was referring to the Sethian path.

"The Magical Image of Malkuth is a young woman, crowned and veiled; this is the Isis of Nature, her face veiled to show that the spiritual forces are hidden within the outer form. This idea is also present in the symbolism of Binah, which is summed up in the concept of the outer robe of concealment."

This one is pretty self-explanatory and speaks for itself.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Dion Fortune and the Aset Ka Empty Re: Dion Fortune and the Aset Ka

Post by witchmark 06.08.12 16:53

Thank you, Victor. I found this ever so interesting as Maxx and I had a conversation this morning concerning the dualities found within that need to be accepted. Something that I might say from what I read here could very well be what connects us to the ancient ones. Just a thought form of mine.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 06.08.12 17:48

Some interesting views you posted there, Victor. They impressed me to order the book today. I look forward to seeing what I can relate to and understand from this release. I hope I will be able to see into some of the secrets and see beyond the exterior.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 07.08.12 18:59

How I missed your posts in here.

Very interesting details, thanks for sharing them openly with us. Food for thought.
I'll reread some of her works now.

Nice info on the Desert Path!
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 12.11.12 5:10

Victor: I read your post on the first day you shared the article here. I meditated on it for some time and unfortunately I have nothing to add. But it's important to keep active this article.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakedragon13 12.11.12 17:05

I said something of this sort in a post I made not long ago.
This is a wonderful bit to read Victor. Thank you very much.
This only leads me to think there is so much more to this than anyone can imagine. Asetians seems to be everywhere and can be found in almost everything. In my opinion We should all take this great research by Victor and give it some real thought. The rest of what I feel cant seem to find words for it. Top respect for this research Victor Thanks again.
Drakedragon13
Drakedragon13
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-09-23

http://www.realvampiretruth.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 14.11.13 12:18

Victor,

Helena Blavatsky, wrote a passage in 1888 (cited Dominic Montserrat. Akhenaten: History, fantasy and ancient Egypt. London-New York: Routledge, 2000, p. 124), about Akhenaten. She said something like: While materialists deny everything in the universe except matter, archaeologists are trying to diminish the stature of antiquity, seeking to destroy all pretensions to an ancient wisdom through a falsification of chronology. I think that is an interesting passage because it shows that there was a deep knowledge about Ancient Egypt and moreover showing openly what archaeologists were doing. It's true too that Golden Dawn, assume the importance of the Egyptian system of Gods because the system of Egyptian Gods is very in tune with Kabbalah. Especially with God Horus, the Crown. Anyway,I just posted because I think this is an interesting detail.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 26.04.14 8:05

I enjoyed reading this again, Victor.  I see some things here after some study and time past that I was not aware of at the time of your initial posting.  I see some connection to her words based on my own program that I am working through.  But you know what I refer to....
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 26.04.14 8:52

Thanks for the bump Maxx. I think this post by Victor contains highly valuable information that deserves being revisited many times after a longer study.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 26.04.14 9:37

There are parallels between Crowley, her, and Mark from the program Maxx was kind enough to share.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupus de Umbras 26.04.14 12:21

Kalib wrote:
"While materialists deny everything in the universe except matter,archeologists arre trying todiminish the stature of antiquity to destroy all pretensions to an ancient wisdom through a falsification of chronology."-Blavatsky.[b]

This quote sums up current attitudes from contemporary archeologists.Particularly those involved in Egyptology.John Anthony West and Dr Robert Shoch are[continually pushing back the boundaries of perception regarding Ancient Egypt;yet the orthodox acadamics cry heresy.

Shoch has shown the Sphinx to be at least 10-12,000 years old, due to water erosion at it's base.There are even murmurings that it could be older.Yet such revelations are pilloried by Egyptologists.This is exactly what Blavatsky was talking about.

We live in a Golden Age of discovery ,where bold individuals
dare to challenge the narrow minded establishment,who seem to have redoubled their efforts to suppress ancient wisdom.

I'm glad this excellent topic was revisited.Otherwise,I would have probably overlooked it.
Lupus de Umbras
Lupus de Umbras
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 01.05.14 6:53

This is a very good post. A great read. Information presented by Victor here is certainly not material for the inexperienced.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 25.08.20 12:45

Very interesting post. I think I remember from my esoteric studies that the founders of the Golden Dawn had access to the British Museum where they obtained Egyptian information that was incorporated therein. Another item of interest is that Dion Fortunes first name was actually Violet. Violet Firth. Interesting coincidence, n’est ce pas?
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Skotia 25.08.20 13:53

Read this through the previous necroposting. Fascinating knowledge shared by Victor almost a whopping ten years ago. Now with the gnosis included in the Violet Throne, years after Orion, those words make ever more sense.

We find lost pieces of Asetianism in so many other traditions and time periods. That universality only heightens its timeless beauty. It's also part of the reason why some Asetianists can move so fluidly and boldly through other systems of secret wisdom, while excelling in liminality where others feel insecure and uncomfortable.
Selene Skotia
Selene Skotia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2020-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehom 25.08.20 17:07

My thanks for necro'ing.
Tehom
Tehom
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 27.08.20 4:43

Victor's old posts are always worth revisiting. Really good stuff.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 27.08.20 13:47

Jonathan wrote:Victor's old posts are always worth revisiting. Really good stuff.

Indeed. I’m wading through them while waiting for my copy of AB to arrive...still got a couple of weeks to go.

This post was of particular interest as I was an initiate in the SOL (in the 90’s) which lineages to the Fraternity of Inner Light. I would say there is still a strong thread there.
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down