Kalb
Jonathan
Filia Noctis
8 posters

Go down

new with questions Empty new with questions

Post by 8lou1 05.01.13 9:58

hello,

im new to this forum and i was wondering a few things....and since hardly ever someone comes here i really hope ill get an answer somehow...

my first question is: why the silence here, there should still be someone out there wanting to share, or is it all gone????

second question, and mind you its a sincere one: why cant one openly discuss aset or asetianism here? this place almost comes over like a church, very strange....

to be honest im a wild one and i really dont like all the dogma's here. maybe its just me maybe its you....someone wants to find the truth in there?

sincerly,
lou
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

new with questions Empty Re: new with questions

Post by Filia Noctis 05.01.13 10:09

Hello and welcome.

You are wrong when you say people hardly ever come here anymore, the reason for the silence is rather that people prefer not to speak if they don't have anything to say... or so it seems, of course I can not speak for others.

I don't get too involved in conversations about Aset or Asetianism but to me it seems that people talk about it pretty openly. Since I already said I will not talk for others I won't try to answer that question.
Filia Noctis
Filia Noctis
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 05.01.13 10:27

thank you for your fast answer Smile

im not really used to the silence, as i said im a wild one used to the wild side.... hope i wont step on to many toes here.

sincerly,
lou
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 05.01.13 11:23

8lou1 wrote:im new to this forum and i was wondering a few things....and since hardly ever someone comes here i really hope ill get an answer somehow...
Your notion couldn't be farther away from the truth. In fact, this is probably the largest online forum about vampirism. Many come here every day, even if not all openly participate, some do.

8lou1 wrote:second question, and mind you its a sincere one: why cant one openly discuss aset or asetianism here? this place almost comes over like a church, very strange....

to be honest im a wild one and i really dont like all the dogma's here. maybe its just me maybe its you....someone wants to find the truth in there?
As Filia said, we're pretty open minded and speak openly about Asetianism. Of course that doesn't mean we will tolerate disrespect. Anyone is welcome to disagree with our views, in fact many of us disagree with each other and still remain good friends. Opinions are free, you're entitled to yours as long as you respect other people's beliefs. If demanding respect is a form of dogma to you, then maybe you're the one blinded by dogma. Smile

Anyways, if you say you don't like it here, then why are you joining?
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 05.01.13 11:44

hi jonathan,

when i find something i dont like id like to explore why, thats why i joined this site....

and indeed im the one with problems with some forms of respect, its what life did to me...

maybe i should just start posting and see if im disrespectfull. but in the end one can only be disrespectfull to ones Self.

sincerly,
lou
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 05.01.13 11:52

8lou1 wrote:but in the end one can only be disrespectfull to ones Self.
I agree. Post around and feel free, I think in due time you will see that we're not as dogmatic or strict as you imagined. We just have high standards.

Enjoy your time around.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 05.01.13 11:55

thank you jonathan, i already am Smile
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 05.01.13 14:26

Welcome here, 8lou1. Feel free to explore our minds.....
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 05.01.13 22:44

Jonathan wrote: Anyone is welcome to disagree with our views, in fact many of us disagree with each other and still remain good friends. Opinions are free, you're entitled to yours as long as you respect other people's beliefs.
Exactly!!!! And Jonathan is right, we don't always agree with one another here on the forum and we don't have to. We share our ideas, our thoughts, our experiences and we learn together here.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodius 06.01.13 12:19

Greetings Lou and welcome to the forum,

In my honest opinion I believe that you should state whatever you feel is necessary, if it coincides with your beliefs and as long as you present it in a coherent and intelligent way, with respect to everyone else's own personal views of course. In fact, I would encourage that if you do not believe in Asetianism that you try to refute it, if you find completely valid reasons to do so and can back up your claims. I am a logical being, as are most people on this forum, so truth, no matter where it comes from, would be greatly appreciated.

You may wonder why Asetianism is so prevalent in this forum? The answer I believe is that Asetianism seems to be the only respectable source on vampirism around these days on offer. There are so many groups who are either clearly in it for the fame, money or role-playing aspects, which makes serious research a pain in the ass, to be blunt. But if you come across any other interesting information, it would be great to hear it. Also, Asetianism has helped so many people on this forum better their lives, so it is understandable why so many of the members would get so upset at being questioned about their personal beliefs, as it means so much to them.

All in all, Asetianism is known for being a catalyst for change in individuals, whether you follow the path or go against it. Whatever may happen here, I hope it will be for the betterment of your understanding and personal evolution.

Em Hotep,
Asmodius

Asmodius
Asmodius
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 07.01.13 5:36

Asmodius wrote:Greetings Lou and welcome to the forum,

In my honest opinion I believe that you should state whatever you feel is necessary, if it coincides with your beliefs and as long as you present it in a coherent and intelligent way, with respect to everyone else's own personal views of course. In fact, I would encourage that if you do not believe in Asetianism that you try to refute it, if you find completely valid reasons to do so and can back up your claims. I am a logical being, as are most people on this forum, so truth, no matter where it comes from, would be greatly appreciated.

You may wonder why Asetianism is so prevalent in this forum? The answer I believe is that Asetianism seems to be the only respectable source on vampirism around these days on offer. There are so many groups who are either clearly in it for the fame, money or role-playing aspects, which makes serious research a pain in the ass, to be blunt. But if you come across any other interesting information, it would be great to hear it. Also, Asetianism has helped so many people on this forum better their lives, so it is understandable why so many of the members would get so upset at being questioned about their personal beliefs, as it means so much to them.

All in all, Asetianism is known for being a catalyst for change in individuals, whether you follow the path or go against it. Whatever may happen here, I hope it will be for the betterment of your understanding and personal evolution.

Em Hotep,
Asmodius

Well said.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 10.01.13 2:34

thank you asmodius, your words comforted me.....
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 12.01.13 14:27

8lou1 wrote:hello,

im new to this forum and i was wondering a few things....and since hardly ever someone comes here i really hope ill get an answer somehow...

my first question is: why the silence here, there should still be someone out there wanting to share, or is it all gone????

There could be numerous answers to this question ... depending on who reads the post
and actually answers it ...

8lou1 wrote:
second question, and mind you its a sincere one: why cant one openly discuss Aset or Asetianism here? this place almost comes over like a church, very strange....

Well.. the east does not understand the west, and the west doesn't understand the east, thats how it goes ....
Im betting that not everyone here agrees to your statement.
However from my own perspective, the Asetian path can be different from person to person.
8lou1 wrote:to be honest im a wild one and i really dont like all the dogma's here. maybe its just me maybe its you....someone wants to find the truth in there?

sincerly,
lou

Truth until proven, is still dogma ... (how do one judge ones own truth ? )

However dogma lies indoctrinated in the mind ...

Im a strong believer in will, and true will doesn't come from the mind ...

For me the Asetian way.... may very well not be the same as yours.

Im hoping my answers made sense to you Smile

Sincerely Divine 277

Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 13.01.13 8:52

they actually do Divine 277 Smile
thank you

sincerly,
Lou
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 14.01.13 9:37

I guess the question I have is this. Why should one feel a need to share? Sharing is what we do when we feel we can hold an impact on another, for enjoying the simple natures of a conversation even. Many reasons for sharing.

In my world, vampirsm is a solitary path....in other words, no one else can walk it for me. I find great comfort and strength in that fact. I am responsible only for myself in that arena.

This brings me to mind of an individual who steeped themselves in great knowledge. Only during dialogue....meaning one has to have great listening skills did I start to notice that they were not advanced at all. Instead, they themselves were searching for answers as well as chasing power.

One does not chase power.....one finds it within. Once found, then development can begin. This again, requires solitary work. If one is constantly looking for the words of another....well, what really can be found within?

I don't claim to have all the answers. There are days, I don't have any as a fact. However, to follow is to be weak. To lead is to be strong. My advice is to develop good communication skills and think about what another says to you or writes even. It is all communication. At that point, play the most dangerous game out there.....think for yourself! In that you can begin to separate truth from lies.

Just my advice in this issue. Learning is fun. Learning is a skill.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 05.07.18 7:16

rereading my posts after 5 years. woow i learned a lot about the occult and its community, both online and offline. its weird how one can think everyone has dept just because they know some occult words (online) or know some witchcraft (offline). that was quite a hit in the head to myself.. Shocked Shocked found out i can get totally absorbed by stupidity i dont understand. which really isnt healthy.

these days i try to go for healthier food and cook for myself. ive even shared some food which i found a very nice thing to do. it gives me pleasure, i like sharing this way. and since i havent had any complaints i presume the food tasted good or i killed them...

8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down