Introduction

4 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by SocraticTaoist 05.06.13 6:38

Hello, my name is SocraticTaoist, my actual name is Rob. I am a senior in college, and have been interested in the vampire/vampyre culture for years. I have spent at least three years sifting through the large amount of bullshit on the internet looking for people who seem to be more serious, and well read, regarding this subject; I have even read a lot of this forum. I went as far as to order Father Sebastian's Vampyre Magick, terrible read. Finally, after years of doing passive research, I have decided to take a more active role. The member on this site seem more knowledgeable, and less like crazy teenagers, so I thought this would be a good place to start.
SocraticTaoist
SocraticTaoist
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by GrandOrder 05.06.13 8:40

Hi and Welcome, Are you into anything else besides Vampirism? And yes i agree it takes a little bit of time to find a good source for Vampire information but im sure you will find all you need in good time since there is so much to be read.
GrandOrder
GrandOrder
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SocraticTaoist 05.06.13 8:46

Well, I am mostly a scholar. So, im into pretty much everything. As for actively practicing, I have only done vampirism, and a few spells way back in high school. I also enjoy the more eastern religions, and the philosophy. What I have never really enjoyed is the more 'mainstream' religions, though I have spent a decent amount of time learning about them; even taken some classes. Thanks for responding!
SocraticTaoist
SocraticTaoist
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by SocraticTaoist 05.06.13 15:28

While I doubt anyone cares I wish to address why it is I think vampirism is right for me, or at least why it is im interested in it. I can honestly say, I have no idea. I have done research on many spiritual subject, but vampirism is something that keeps pulling me in. It is sort of a magnetic attraction. I have the same attraction to the martial arts, but I cannot say why. Perhaps, this attraction is the result of a culmination of my past experience, or maybe its something more, something of spirit; which is a phrase that's almost uncomfortable to type. My aim, rather then ignoring this feeling, is to cultivate it, and see where it leads me. I hope that there are some people who are kind enough to aid me in this endeavor.
SocraticTaoist
SocraticTaoist
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 05.06.13 15:41

Welcome to the community. Take your time reading, learning and researching as most of what we do around here is based on knowledge and not on faith.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 05.06.13 15:55

Em Hotep, SocraticTaoist.

I can understand you well. In my opinion, this is the beginning of our spiritual journey, follow what we feel be good and to make sure we're in peace in what we choose to follow. If you want understand and search about True vampirism and the meanings of some details of life, I advise you read the book Asetian Bible wrote by International author Luis Marques. He wrote about the mysterious of Beacon, a mysterious attraction that happens in mysterious way.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down