Marijuana as a spiritual drug

5 posters

Go down

Marijuana as a spiritual drug Empty Marijuana as a spiritual drug

Post by Matttt 21.02.14 17:59

Legalization of Marijuana is a growing issue in America. I recently read a court case that ruled in favor of religious use of class one drugs, which includes Marijuana. I've read many articles on the uses of hallucinogens in spiritual work and I find it slightly interesting.
I have was diagnosed with ADHD around age thirteen. Things like meditation are pretty hard for me to do because it takes a lot of time for me to really focus. So, I could see the use of Marijuana as a way to reduce the hyperactivity,

I have never used an form of these drugs due to their illegal status, but what are your opinions on their uses? Hypothetically speaking.
Matttt
Matttt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2013-12-31

Back to top Go down

Marijuana as a spiritual drug Empty Re: Marijuana as a spiritual drug

Post by Demonia 21.02.14 19:38

it just puts you in an altered state of thinking. marijuana often reveals your true self to you in alot of different ways, and in that way i suppose it could help you spiritually. from personal experience it just relaxes you which can also help achieving a meditative state quicker/easier. and about the whole illegality of it all- why should a plant be illegal in the first place it's just a plant.

i feel like from a medical standpoint- why not. happiness is the best form of medicine either way, and if it helps to make you happy then... yeah. hah
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 21.02.14 23:58

Personally, I have used ganja to calm down, not always before a meditation and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Marijuana can add an almost visual appeal to meditations, but you always have to be aware of the drug work in balance with it's forces for optimum results.

It is also reported as an enthogen to help cleanse the pineal gland. Personally, I notice marijuana has cleansing effects on the human body, and it is not uncommon to see someone burp, cough (productively), urinate, or otherwise expel waste from their body directly after ingesting it. There have been enough times where a toke has sent me directly to the toilet for me to believe these occurrences are complete coincidence.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 22.02.14 5:32

Whether i recommend drugs when it comes to spiritual experiences or not is kinda irrelevant…

Its irrelevant cause, I feel that that still has to be up to the individual, however I will say this …. Its just as easy to get stuck with use of marihuana as it is to be stuck with alcohol addiction …  and when it comes to this it is a mater of state of mind and will …

Ancient Shamans did use different herbs to go to a different state of mind to reach a spiritual state.. and some still do …  however this is not something they did 24 hours a day …( except for maybe the holy men of india ,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadhu ).

Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 22.02.14 17:29

i dont think its really good to call a plant a drug... actual drugs are man made and mixed with many different things... marijuana is just marijuana, just like a mushroom is a mushroom and grass is grass. i dont feel like they should be considered bad or considered a drug. it of course alters your state of mind like a drug can do as well, but its a much less harsh and calm natural feeling rather than a man made drug... its like calling catnip a drug... yet only cats get high off of it hehe. just trying to show a positive view upon plants current society demonize. Native americans among others in the past used them for many different things and never considered it as a bad thing.

spiritually though, you don't really need help to achieve higher thinking. but you can use it for such. but it requires you to still concentrate and do all the same things even if you didnt use marijuana. results can be faster or slower... just depends on how well you know yourself and the effects that are happening/going to happen.
marijuana always gives me lucid dreams and helps me focus really well with energy manipulation. but it usually makes me so sleepy that if attempting astral travel i usually fall asleep and forget and just have crazy vivid fun dreams.
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 23.02.14 5:08

Im going to be very technical about this and post the definition of a drug :
1drug noun \ˈdrəg\

Full Definition of DRUG
a obsolete : a substance used in dyeing or chemical operations
b : a substance used as a medication or in the preparation of medication
c according to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (1) : a substance recognized in an official pharmacopoeia or formulary (2) : a substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease (3) : a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body (4) : a substance intended for use as a component of a medicine but not a device or a component, part, or accessory of a device
: a commodity that is not salable or for which there is no demand —used in the phrase drug on the market
: something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 23.02.14 19:34

It's a stoner thing. Once you understand ganja, pharmaceuticals seem so much more disgusting. Though marijuana gets people high, the plant itself is useful for so much more than that.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 24.02.14 11:52

Earlier today I was reading an article about an experiment that proved marijuana is the only 'drug' that can actively help heal your brain. It was proven by science so it must be legit   afro 

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/25509
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 25.02.14 7:10

Fatal Crashes involving marijuana use tripled during the previous decade, according to researchers from Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health. The pot related accidents have helped fuel the overall increase in drugged-driving traffic deaths.

As widespread acceptance of marijuana becomes the norm in the U.S., demonstrated by recent legalization laws in Colorado and Washington, many experts fear a continuing upward spiral of marijuana related traffic injuries and deaths. "Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana," said co-author Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia. "If this trend continues, in five or six years non-alcohol drugs will overtake alcohol to become the most common substance involved in deaths related to impaired driving."

This is taking on the same danger to the public as alcohol has.  Balance with anything has to be invoked.
A small minded population will misuse anything.  Those that have no control over their life will run wild with anything.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 25.02.14 10:31

*Max Yes I do agree with you… as I said over here, there has to be a certain kind of control… and will …

I will give you an example when it comes to the holy men of India.

A few years back there was a story in the news here about a Sadhu that snapped a bit.
There was a father that asked a holy man for help, the holy man did "help" , however his conviction of help was to jump up and down on the little boys head, the holy man said that the boy was possessed and it was the only way to get the demon out ..
As you may understand, it didn't go well for the little boy.

So yes, it has its benefits … but common sense, control and respect …

I also know people that has smoked non stop for about 10 - 15 years… some of them managed it pretty well, however memory center not quite as good as it was once upon a time, so yes it does take its hold over short time memory.

It is however a good tool for creative evolvement …

It also strengthens your senses … sight , hearing , feeling , emotions … and so on …

People that smoke on a regular basis have a bad tendency to get paranoid.

If you have a physiological problem of any kind … it will strengthen the symptoms over longer use … except maybe for aggression … Most of the people I know that smoke, does not have any interest in stress or aggression.

To drive on any type of "drug " that alters the state of mind is stupid in it self, and should NEVER been done ….

Stupid is, as stupid does …

Just to state this one more time, Im not saying its good, Im not saying its bad… Im just stating my observations.

Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 26.02.14 15:19

The tool is only as strong as the one who wields it.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down