Introduction

+2
Jonathan
Skylarkis
6 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by Skylarkis 29.03.18 7:33

Hello, my chose screen name is Skylarkis. I'm 30 years old and I live in the sticks of Louisiana. I've been a pagan for 12 years and I've been reading about real vampires and vampirism for about 9 years.

I first got drawn in to my fascination with vampires through TV.. Buffy, Angel, and so on. Once I started researching, I quickly learned that none of that is remotely true about real vampires. Living in a remote area of Louisiana, I don't get to meet others of my kind because I fear persecution if I let my views be known.

I've read a lot of books and most of them have been to do with the spiritual side of vampirism. Books like The Sanguinomicon, Psychic Vampire Codex, Asetian Bible, The Vampire Bible and so on.

It seems that most spiritual paths claim that I should find my own truth. I love the idea of that, but I'm not sure how to find that truth. Can you give me some advice on where to start?

I've been through several "religions" and they wildly vary on the spectrum from Ultra Christian to Satanism. I like to call myself a Life Long Seeker as I don't know what to believe. (Just an FYI, I was born into the Ultra Christian part, I didn't choose it.)

Any help or advice is appreciated. I'm pretty set on what kind of vampire I am and how to be safe about it so that's something I'm not worried about now. I've had the last decade to experiment and grow.

Sky~
Skylarkis
Skylarkis
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2018-03-29

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by Jonathan 29.03.18 8:09

Welcome to the forum.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 29.03.18 8:24

Thank you for the honest introduction. What were your thoughts on books like The Sanguinomicon?

I’m asking this because that’s a book generally followed by role-players and here we tend to avoid the role-playing crowd. This is a forum for occultists and those dwelling in the spirituality of the vampire traditions, not the ones who dress as vampires or think fangs make a vampire. Father Sebastiaan has copied most of his system from the Temple of the Vampire, Temple of Set and the Order of Aset Ka, a few things from House Kheperu as well although Michelle can’t complain much given how much she has adopted from the Asetian culture along the years.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylarkis 29.03.18 8:36

Nightshade wrote:Thank you for the honest introduction. What were your thoughts on books like The Sanguinomicon?

I’m asking this because that’s a book generally followed by role-players and here we tend to avoid the role-playing crowd. This is a forum for occultists and those dwelling in the spirituality of the vampire traditions, not the ones who dress as vampires or think fangs make a vampire. Father Sebastiaan has copied most of his system from the Temple of the Vampire, Temple of Set and the Order of Aset Ka, a few things from House Kheperu as well although Michelle can’t complain much given how much she has adopted from the Asetian culture along the years.

While I read The Sanguinomicon, I didn't buy in on much of what was said. To be honest, some of it did appeal to me. Things like their Festivals that fall on the pagan wheel of the year.

Other than that, I try to keep an open mind and take all things with a large helping of salt. I did reach out to the group to try and learn more, but once I learned about the reputation of the group and Father Sebastiaan I pretty much stopped all communication.
Skylarkis
Skylarkis
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 29.03.18 8:39

Following a Pagan path is actually rather interesting. There is a lot of great culture aligned with Pagan spirituality and their traditions. Actually you may find several compatible concepts between Asetianism and traditional European Paganism.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 29.03.18 8:55

Welcome and thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 29.03.18 9:30

Sebastian ripped off Belanger and stole a lot of material from other people. I have a pdf copy of the Sanguinomicon for curiosity sake but I've held onto it for years and still have yet to read it. It's definitely not a high priority read for me. I don't trust him but I do follow him because like it or not he is part of the history of the Vampire Community. I did find a physical copy second hand. I usually shop thrift and second hand stores for reasons of well, I can't afford much, but specifically in this case, I don't want to put money in his pockets whatsoever. I suppose the reason doesn't really matter when the process/result is the same. =/

For more about the carp he's pulled: https://savampyrenews.wordpress.com/2012/12/12/the-obfuscation-of-father-sebastiaan-inc-an-illuminating-investigation-for-the-vampiyre-community-by-octarine-valur/ (sorry for the third party link).

Anyway, to each their own. For those who follow his bullc arp, that's on them, and I won't hate on them for it, unless of course, they're rude, arrogant or incessantly haughty (which anyone can be).

Sorry for the slight rant. Welcome.
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2017-06-07

http://reality-of-identity.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 29.03.18 14:22

Welcome to the forums!

I've recently purchased the Sanguinomicon, as well as the Asetian Bible. More titles are pending. True to my academic background, I personally read as broadly as possible and then refine down when something resonates/'clicks', so if that includes reading things that are more fluffy than serious, then I'll do it in my pursuit of a broad understanding of what others think/perceive. I strive to understand others, as much as I do myself and my own path.

I'm also something of a shameless book hoarder, so, there's that.

I wasn't aware of Sebastiaan's history until a year after getting fangs off them. Said fangs complete my self-image of me, but aren't related to my identity as a vampire... which meant that the Awakening part of the fang purchase was null and void for me. Already started that process - one I think that is in many ways lifelong and continual - a decade ago. Finding out said history definitely tarnished my view of them significantly, given how someone in their position could do a lot of good.

Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 29.03.18 16:30

You guys who are studying the Asetian Bible I would recommend, if your interest is genuine whether academic or spiritual and metaphysical, to try and get a copy of the Violet Throne. It's on a whole new level, especially if you're an experienced occultist.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 29.03.18 16:31

Jonathan wrote:You guys who are studying the Asetian Bible I would recommend, if your interest is genuine whether academic or spiritual and metaphysical, to try and get a copy of the Violet Throne. It's on a whole new level, especially if you're an experienced occultist.

I plan on getting it, it's just a bit out of my price bracket for one book at the moment.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 29.03.18 17:01

I understand that of course, just giving the advice. Also keep in mind that it's not one book, the Violet Throne is three different occult books compiled as one.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 29.03.18 17:21

Jonathan wrote:You guys who are studying the Asetian Bible I would recommend, if your interest is genuine whether academic or spiritual and metaphysical, to try and get a copy of the Violet Throne. It's on a whole new level, especially if you're an experienced occultist.

It's definitely on the to-do/keep an eye out for list.

I managed to stumble on a pdf copy of the Introduction part of the Asetian Bible, but being only 15 pages, I'm not sure how useful it will be to read, and on top of that I question the legality of it. .. It's a start nonetheless.
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 29.03.18 17:57

You guys who are studying the Asetian Bible I would recommend, if your interest is genuine whether academic or spiritual and metaphysical, to try and get a copy of the Violet Throne. It's on a whole new level, especially if you're an experienced occultist.

I agree. It is a special grimoire. Certainly a book for experienced and serious occultists. I reccomend it too.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylarkis 29.03.18 18:44

First, thanks to everyone for the welcome.

Second, I plan on getting the Violet Throne book as soon as possible. Part of me is wondering whether I can JUST get that book or if I should also get each book separately.
Skylarkis
Skylarkis
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 30.03.18 7:41

Skylarkis wrote:First, thanks to everyone for the welcome.

Second, I plan on getting the Violet Throne book as soon as possible. Part of me is wondering whether I can JUST get that book or if I should also get each book separately.

It is three books in one. You'd be purchasing one collection of three books.
Maybe a poor comparison but think of it like the Christian Bible, each section (which looks like chapters to me) is considered a "book".

Am I making sense?
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylarkis 30.03.18 10:33

Yes! Thanks!