Perhaps an odd question...

+3
Talibah
Helliana
Shadwe
7 posters

Go down

Perhaps an odd question... Empty Perhaps an odd question...

Post by Shadwe 31.03.09 2:53

Perhaps it is an odd question... but has anyone else ever experienced hearing voices or noises that do not belong in your music? It usually only happens if I am really into my music... and it is usually only a word or two. Most times it is not understandable... a few times it has been my name. If I get really seriously into my music the occurrence can come with a feeling like i've been poked or pushed on. It always makes me jump out of my skin when it occurs as it always happens so unexpectedly... *sigh* What is really odd about it is that the sound wont be there if I review the song. So yeah I was curious if I am alone in this particular phenomenon.
Shadwe
Shadwe
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Perhaps an odd question... Empty Re: Perhaps an odd question...

Post by Helliana 31.03.09 4:52

This has also happened to me a few times. I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not, but I have indeed had those experiences. I haven't had one in a good while though...then again, I haven't really been attuned to much of my surroundings lately.
Helliana
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 31.03.09 6:01

Yes, me too. Usually, as you say, my name...like someone is in the room with me. it usually makes me turn the music down and foolishly say, 'yes'? only to find i'm still alone.
I suspect it is something to do with imagination and perhaps something suggestive in the music. but i'm no expert in such things.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 31.03.09 6:20

I have had this experience but not with music, usually in clean silence. I hear my name. Sometimes the voices are recognizable and belong to people in my life. Only once did I ask one of these people about it and they said they did not remember if they were thinking of me at the moment.

I too think it might have to do with imagination or thinking of someone and conjuring up their voice in my head.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadwe 31.03.09 13:34

I have pondered a couple of times if it is due to the light trance state I sometimes seem to end up in if I really get into my music. Although it could very easily be ones imagination I would think, perhaps even a combonation thereof...
Shadwe
Shadwe
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertigo 01.04.09 4:14

Have happend me alot...

But not on a time now. >.<

Especially from one specific song, but I always thought it was a low quality on the song.
Vertigo
Vertigo
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 01.04.09 11:48

So... out of curiosity... for those who hear things in their music, does it happen with one particular song/group/genre?
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadwe 01.04.09 13:48

Not for me no, tends to happen across a wide range of genre... only thing that seems to matter is if I am lost in the music so to speak.
Shadwe
Shadwe
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 02.06.09 19:32

Just a small note on this old thread...

I believe many times what we tend to see, hear and feel may only be controlled by our minds. The mind can truly overpower us, if we allow it to win over reality. Meaning, for example, if we are alone in an uncomfortable room, and are convinced that something may be there as well, we will begin to hear it, see it and at very rare cases, feel their touch. This often happens when you truly believe in something and are convinced.

Also, have you ever watched those insane Christian programs, where one person is brought up to the stage, apparently 'touched by Jesus', and healed immediately? Many of those acts are rehearsed, and if any of those cases are true, and the person truly did heal... it is only the Will that healed them. They believe in it so much that it actually begins to happen, they begin to heal.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 03.06.09 0:58

That is very true, Aghrab. Having blind faith that something will cause a miracle, even if that something is a rampant scam, will sometimes generate the power to heal oneself. Will is so powerful that it works on the less aware, all they need is the psychological or "placebo" push.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 03.06.09 5:59

Music is a divination tool that allows our Higher-Self to speak through our soul and directly to us, it would not be a far stretch to believe other constructs might be passing along with these audio divinations. The power of vibration is great and music itself can act like a sigil in some respects, vibrating other aspects of our inner & outer selves.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down