The Witch In The Glass (A Poem)

3 posters

Go down

The Witch In The Glass (A Poem) Empty The Witch In The Glass (A Poem)

Post by Niani 19.05.18 15:27

This poem is a favorite of mine and ever since I first discovered it I frequently think of it. It resonates with me on so many levels and I love it dearly, so I thought I would share it with you all. Smile

The Witch in the Glass
by
Sarah Morgan Bryan Piatt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My mother says I must not pass
Too near that glass;
She is afraid I will see
A little witch that looks like me
With a red, red mouth to whisper low
The very thing I should not know!

A lack for all your mother's care!
A bird of the air,
A wistful wind, or (I suppose
Sent by some hapless boy) a rose,
With breath too sweet, will whisper low
The very thing you should not know!
Niani
Niani
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2017-06-20

Back to top Go down

The Witch In The Glass (A Poem) Empty Re: The Witch In The Glass (A Poem)

Post by Troublemaker 19.05.18 15:39

Thank you for sharing. Poetry is nice, it can be a catalyst and great source of inspiration. In fact, the unthinkable has happened and this has inspired me to break out my massive World Poetry book in a whole cloud of dust. Maybe I'll get to exploring a bit.

(Just keeping the conversation flowing. Smile )
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Niani 19.05.18 15:43

Hahaha, I love poetry and writing; literature in all of it's forms. I'm actually an aspiring author. Writing is a catalyst for me definitely, as well as very cathartic. I write all my own spells and my writing ability is one of the few things in which I am truly proud. Still, always learning and always open. I'm debating on if I want to subject you all to my original works or not... Very Happy
Niani
Niani
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 19.05.18 15:59

I absolutely love writing. I am an aspiring author as well. The issue is getting out of my own head and actually letting the story manifest! It is a very big obstacle that I'm working on currently. I will write something... a very long something, and then I pick it apart before it gets a chance to grow.

Depending on the atmospheric qualities of what you are writing, I'd recommend different music for it. If that is the kind of thing you enjoy. Cryo Chamber is my absolute favorite producer of music. It can really tap into the murky depths and get that creativity going.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Niani 19.05.18 16:03

Yes! I am the exact same way; I literally have playlists on Youtube specifically dedicated to certain characters or stories that I write. My main obstacle with writing is literally that I nitpick it to death before it even gets a chance to see the light of day. Meanwhile I am also telling myself that if E.L. James can get published, I can too...

I also get artist ADD where I'm working on something and then I get a really good idea for something else and all my creative juices randomly switch gears. I've done tons of research over the years trying to find all the best tips on getting a story done and published but I've found it really just comes to something really simple : Just Write.

No matter what, just get into the habit of writing. Free writing is beneficial for me because I tend to choke on the first line of a story because it's the hook and it's pretty crucial.
Niani
Niani
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 19.05.18 16:22

This reminds me of something Mr. Marques said within his works, about writing.
He states that he has written even when there is no audience or intent to publish, that he writes not for recognition but for the magic behind it. This was something that really struck a chord deep within me when I first read it, as someone who loves to write. In that mind frame, you can dance with your own magic in a free way, opening new doors.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 19.05.18 16:27

Writing, power and beauty of words, magickal endeavour... art of words. It is truely great for a variety of purposes. Manifestation is one of them. Poetry also, as Rhea Kaye states; a catalyst. Spells, and anything useful. It works upon the subtle link of the thread of life, imposing meaning upon the fabric of the universe as rawest potential of magick; a shaper of realities.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 19.05.18 16:46

However, that thought might be a bit hard to digest. Requires a particular frame of mind or state of consciousness. Where meaning, word and magick carries the same connotation as benders and shapers of reality; one superimposed upon the other.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 19.05.18 17:05

However... venture at your own risk and seek only exploration with responsibility. I might have needed to add this disclaimer here to such a thought that might be actualized in an erroneous manner from misinterpretation when not fully elaborated so I seek to take responsibility for what I put out there. Those advanced along their path of spiritual and magickal pursuit might very well understand what I am inferring here; it requires experience to fully grasp. Just tread with balance under a mantle of responsibility.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down