Discipline of Sigil Magick

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Discipline of Sigil Magick - Page 2 Empty Re: Discipline of Sigil Magick

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 21.01.19 6:01

The Mark Alan Smith books of Primal Craft look very interesting but they are also highly expensive for being books but I can see why if they are so uniquely sold.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 21.01.19 7:53

if you watched the interviews over the years, you know the difference in a book written to make money for the author and a process that is real and does what it says.

Changing an entire life path is worth any amount in some cases.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 21.01.19 8:13

But I wonder so often that whenever money is mentioned for even something like 20 dollars for the AB, the majority of the (powerful vampires) are saying they are short of money and will have to wait a while to pick it up....lol. Just so much power here.... or is it real vampires??? You know what my thoughts are!!!
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 21.01.19 8:27

No, I do agree with you. Those books do seem like the real deal.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 26.01.19 8:56

Adding some additional thoughts, a theory regarding the use of personalized sigil magick. It is my theory that when casting a sigil of your own making to achieve a desired result in whatever way, and when subsequently banished from the conscious mind after activation, the form of the sigil touches upon multiple, other realms like the astral and causal levels when reaching safely through the medium of the unconscious wherein the sigil was implanted through the procedure, yet it all taking place within the unconscious but in connection with those other realms. Here in unconscious connection with these other realms, however, it gains traction; the sigil empowers itself, by drawing energy and attracting power from the causal realm, down below unto the astral level, from the fueled magickal intent inherent within the sigil, and thence manifesting its result from such intentionally sparked operation.

(All of this merely speaks from my own understanding and is a theory based upon a particular model found in the book, Practical Sigil Magick by Frater U D, already mentioned.)

... This is possible because the physical mind, most often in contact with on the conscious level, does not intervene in the process and bring down all limitations of impossibility upon it but also because it otherwise stalls the progress of the process overall and might even cancel it out entirerly from its interference; it is supposed to work upon the unconscious level after activation and banishing from the conscious mind to - through its invisible and then consciously unknown processes - manifest itself after some time, immediately afterwards or eventually, depending upon the skill or experience of the sigil magician in question.

... So, therefore, all alongst it is almost exclusively best to forget about the sigil you were casting, after activation and banishing. That serves the whole purpose and point of sigil magick in that sense, that the unconscious processes of manifestation does their work uninterrupted by conscious remembrance after the activation of whatever sigil; consciously remembering the sigil is a sign of it not being done properly, i.e. not sufficiently banished from the conscious mind in the first place and the work of the activation being nullified from bringing it into the conscious mind which is like putting sticks in the wheel of its manifestation.

There are various levels and depths to the use of sigil magick as it can really grow with you, develop and expand, all as you evolve and it following in tandem. You can also tap into your own inner power through the use of sigils, as the very process itself, depending upon aptitude and how one does it, brings forth the activated use of magickal power.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Void 24.08.20 6:12

It's interesting topic. I've never used sigils in that same manner, until now the only sigils I ever done, always were just for "connections", to record/seal some "energy signature" of a person or a place. I haven't tried to do sigils aimed at improving self or awakening/ activating anything, yet, but I love reading other people's experience, unfortunately most people don't tend to publicly share much. Big thanks to those that do Smile
The only time I had experience of similar kind, is when somebody else in community I was part of, made a sigil intended to "expands everyone's awareness" and uploaded it on to group server, it had to be taken down the next day, because I lot of people start complaining of dizziness, nausea, even hallucinations, while I only noticed that I start to see random images every time I close my eye lids, without any need from me to put any effort to meditate.
Void
Void
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2020-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 29.08.20 15:21

A very basic, introduction book is Sigil Witchery: A Witch's Guide to Crafting Magick Symbols by Laura Tempest Zakroff. Note: this elementary book approaches the topic from a modern witch perspective. Contains practical introductory exercises. Not recommended for intermediate or advanced artists.
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 30.08.20 3:36

I remember when working with the methods found and contained in the book "Practical Sigil Magick" by Frater U D, which I believe derives from the sigil magick tradition of Austin Osman Spare, it had a very, or rather profoundly, well-doing effect upon my mind as a mere side effect of its working method of manifestation. This could have been an idiosyncrasy but I believe it was due to my mind at the time being very chaotic in a subconscious sense of repressed psychic material, energies and thought-waste garbage that I hadn't yet dealt with, but that, through its use of sigil magick, organized the energies in my own unconscious mind towards a goal, albeit subconsciously then, as that's how this form of sigil magick works, but which kind of steered up those massively disorganized energies from within the deeper realms of mind towards a cohesive purpose even if consciously forgotten at the time of casting the sigil as a necessary part of the procedure by banishing the sigil from your conscious mind after it had been charged. But so it became deeply psychotherapeutical to me but in a rather unusual yet very interesting way. I wonder if others have a similar experience as that.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 30.08.20 4:34

Also, interesting experience, Void, I don't have a lot to comment on it but I'd guess such things can indeed happen by sigil magick if used as such which makes a lot of sense in my view. I wonder if the desired effect was actually given in the end, however, or if the person did it wrong? It might have been that the desired effect came in spite of unpleasant experiences but that the method was so cumbersome that it couldn't really expand awareness in any better way than through mismatched and not so well adapted forces through such a cumbersome way of going about it? That reminds me of when I tried to use sigil magick to either lucid dream or astral project or become conscious in my sleep, but that caused me to wake up every twice second during the whole night, so the sleep during that night was very difficult and even caused a bit of irritability so this wasn't good, haha. It at least shows that the magick worked but was just directed in the wrong way from the beginning by a wrong formulation of the initial "sentence of desire", as according to Frater U D's book "Practical Sigil Magick", but upon which the rest of the sigil was further elaborated.

And, SorcierRog, it seems like a decent book recommendation, even if for beginners but I'd consider myself nothing more than a beginner in this respect. I must admit I'm not very familiar with all the sigil magick traditions out there but would like to re-explore it in various depths and different dimensions of how one can practice it. Never too late to learn but better the sooner than later if one wishes to be a few steps ahead of oneself. Smile
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Void 30.08.20 16:40

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:Also, interesting experience, Void, I don't have a lot to comment on it but I'd guess such things can indeed happen by sigil magick if used as such which makes a lot of sense in my view. I wonder if the desired effect was actually given in the end, however, or if the person did it wrong? It might have been that the desired effect came in spite of unpleasant experiences but that the method was so cumbersome that it couldn't really expand awareness in any better way than through mismatched and not so well adapted forces through such a cumbersome way of going about it? That reminds me of when I tried to use sigil magick to either lucid dream or astral project or become conscious in my sleep, but that caused me to wake up every twice second during the whole night, so the sleep during that night was very difficult and even caused a bit of irritability so this wasn't good, haha. It at least shows that the magick worked but was just directed in the wrong way from the beginning by a wrong formulation of the initial "sentence of desire", as according to Frater U D's book "Practical Sigil Magick", but upon which the rest of the sigil was further elaborated.

And, SorcierRog, it seems like a decent book recommendation, even if for beginners but I'd consider myself nothing more than a beginner in this respect. I must admit I'm not very familiar with all the sigil magick traditions out there but would like to re-explore it in various depths and different dimensions of how one can practice it. Never too late to learn but better the sooner than later if one wishes to be a few steps ahead of oneself. Smile
Well for context that was large, very active, vibrant and very diverse community. Despite it's satanic/occult ties, it's was very open to all religious, cultural backgrounds, very international. Mandy different schools, believes. For a brief time it was boiling pot of ideas and experiments, before eventually it simmered down for various reasons.
So in that environment there were many experiments with sigils from many people, but nothing had any observable impact, until that one incident. And was not able to attribute that affect to some rational factors, since I was there, I experienced it my self. But since I didn't save a copy of that work before it was taken down, nor I was able to ask anything from the person who produced it, because I wasn't really on good terms with them at that moment. Not really knowing any details, of the actual intents that went in to, the process, how what when, in hindsight now I can only speculate.
That was the first time, and so far the last, I ever seen anywhere for some sigil to cause such strong effect, rapidly permeating throughout the egregore. On the effect it self, I just believe it wasn't expected, and it wasn't tailored do act the way it did. And while intentions may have been simple and good, something in the process caused it to grow out of the intended design and for it to have slightly different effect on different minds.
Maybe, no idea honestly, I can only speculate now. But after that I became a believer, at least I started to believe sigil magic can have strong effect, even large area effect. At the same time I believe it's difficult "science" to master. That person too thought they have attained certain level of mastery, I'm sure, yet something exploded beyond their expectation anyway. There can be so many different factors at play, factors we may not be fully aware of, or even at all. What works well and positively on one person, can have completely opposite effect on somebody else. Doesn't mean we should stop experimenting, but I think we should always be prepared for unforeseen consequences the best we can.
Void
Void
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2020-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2