This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts

4 posters

Go down

This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts Empty This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts

Post by Ramla-Meryt 22.01.22 14:57

This body is not me; I am not caught in this body, I am life without boundaries, I have never been born and I have never died. Over there, the wide ocean and the sky with many galaxies all manifests from the basis of consciousness. Since beginningless time I have always been free. Birth and death are only a door through which we go in and out. Birth and death are only a game of hide-and-seek. So smile to me and take my hand and wave good-bye. Tomorrow we shall meet again or even before. We shall always be meeting again at the true source. Always meeting again on the myriad paths of life." -Thích Nhất Hạnh, No Death, No Fear; via Quareia

I thought that some of this quote aligns with the Violet path. I am very new to my dedication and surrender to Asetianism but I am offering my contemplations here for the purpose of sharing, and for consideration in turn.

'I am life without boundaries, I have never been born and I have never died.'
- I see this as not unlike the cycling of an Asetian soul through incarnation cycles. Never truly being extinguished but interlinked lives that make up a tapestry.

'Since beginningless time I have always been free.'
- The soul being liberated from human-imposed morality and dogma. Regarding Asetians, to me this relates to them as beings not of humanity. Liberated from the expectations of humans even while incarnating within society, sometimes awakened and sometimes not. While bound by mortal bodies, spiritually and in essence, they are both More and Other. Regarding Asetianists, these words to me represent the treading of an adversarial path regarding both the self in terms of shedding the old and self-progression and at the same time, Asetianism being a path often opposed by those who do not understand it.

'Birth and death are only a door through which we go in and out.'
- Death not being the end but instead just another part of living. "..the cycle of reincarnation as a mighty contraption of vitality and transformation bends both realities and touches two worlds, transcending the realm of the spirit and falling into the decay of matter as a singularity of time - the moment - given conceptual shape. That is rebirth in its endless form as a living ourosboros..." - VT; Asetian Bible, p. 196.

The select quote I feel summarises my thoughts on the selected words from the quote well, in the wise words of Master Marques.

'We shall always be meeting again at the true source.'
- To me I feel that this represents Asetians returning to the Duat. Returning to the Family.

'Always meeting again on the myriad paths of life.'
- The Asetian, and Asetianists, drawn together by instinct and by nature in principle, in calling, through nature, and in Love, whether explicitly known or unknown.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 194
Location : Between the sacred and the profane.
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts Empty Re: This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 22.01.22 15:53

I see it align fairly well, depending on interpretation. Even though it's interesting to note he, Thích Nhất Hạnh, was a Zen Buddhist monk, but there is so much wisdom in the Eastern teachings that do seem to carry much potential resonance although those interpretations and choices of adaptation might be best to leave to the individual initiate, for me at least - not to confuse matters. This touches upon some profound wisdom in its own way.

On sad notes, though, he passed this day or yesterday... even if it states the 22nd of January, but news reported of it yesterday on the 21st I believe. For this, however, I find your own quote from him above suitable to honor his own memory likewise, which might seem sadly a bit too coincidental...

Ramla-Meryt wrote:
"This body is not me; I am not caught in this body, I am life without boundaries, I have never been born and I have never died. Over there, the wide ocean and the sky with many galaxies all manifests from the basis of consciousness. Since beginningless time I have always been free. Birth and death are only a door through which we go in and out. Birth and death are only a game of hide-and-seek. So smile to me and take my hand and wave good-bye. Tomorrow we shall meet again or even before. We shall always be meeting again at the true source. Always meeting again on the myriad paths of life." -Thích Nhất Hạnh, No Death, No Fear; via Quareia

MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1168
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts Empty Re: This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts

Post by Jonathan 23.01.22 7:53

A good read, thank you for sharing this. I also found interesting your mention of the word surrender which is a concept that I believe to be vital to a deeper understanding of the Asetian current and teachings, as well as to wielding its magick.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2861
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts Empty Re: This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts

Post by Ramla-Meryt 23.01.22 16:33

Jonathan wrote:A good read, thank you for sharing this. I also found interesting your mention of the word surrender which is a concept that I believe to be vital to a deeper understanding of the Asetian current and teachings, as well as to wielding its magick.

You are most welcome. I definitely agree, regarding the word and its meaning in connection to the Asetian current.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 194
Location : Between the sacred and the profane.
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts Empty Re: This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts

Post by A.Nightside 25.01.22 2:14

Just a, "wow" read.
Not sure if it's a validation, this-is-what-I want/need to hear thing or something else entirely, but this brought water to my eyes (but currently around other people so not observably).

The quote, wow.

Your interpretation, I really enjoy reading the great minds of this group. Can I say it's beautiful, is that too much?
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 517
Age : 32
Location : New Hampshire, US
Registration date : 2017-06-07

http://reality-of-identity.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts Empty Re: This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts

Post by Ramla-Meryt 25.01.22 12:09

A.Nightside wrote:Just a, "wow" read.
Not sure if it's a validation, this-is-what-I want/need to hear thing or something else entirely, but this brought water to my eyes (but currently around other people so not observably).

The quote, wow.

Your interpretation, I really enjoy reading the great minds of this group. Can I say it's beautiful, is that too much?

I know the feeling, regarding it clicking. I am genuinely glad that you enjoyed reading my interpretation. Not too much at all!
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 194
Location : Between the sacred and the profane.
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts Empty Re: This Body Is Not Me - Quote Thoughts

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum