So, I need advice.

+2
AlifBalaamYashin
Bloodletter
6 posters

Go down

So, I need advice. Empty So, I need advice.

Post by Bloodletter 29.05.24 18:14

I have a potential girl friend I've been talking to. How do I tell her I'm a vampire without freaking her out, or think I'm crazy?
Bloodletter
Bloodletter
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2022-09-20

Back to top Go down

So, I need advice. Empty Re: So, I need advice.

Post by AlifBalaamYashin 29.05.24 20:23

Bloodletter wrote:I have a potential girl friend I've been talking to. How do I tell her I'm a vampire without freaking her out, or think I'm crazy?
You don't because you're not a vampire, they don't exist.
If you want a real relationship you need to be REAL.
AlifBalaamYashin
AlifBalaamYashin
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2023-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodletter 19.06.24 20:35

Could I get real advice from an actual vampire not a troll?
Bloodletter
Bloodletter
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shieldmaiden 20.06.24 7:10

Without much information, there’s not much to say, except that if you haven’t known each other for very long, I think that you should focus on the basics of getting to know each other before delving into deeper subjects. Just my opinion, a human isn’t an ideal long term partner for a vampire.
Shieldmaiden
Shieldmaiden
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2024-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodletter 20.06.24 18:28

I've known her for quite a while. We dated in high school. I know her opinion on otherkin, she thinks they're crazy. So she'd probably think the same of a vampire. So, maybe she's not a good choice for me now.
Bloodletter
Bloodletter
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 21.06.24 8:58

Well, the topic of vampirism is quite delicate, especially if the other person doesn’t have much understanding or knowledge about it. Even though it might just be a conversation, many barriers can be raised. It can get even more complicated when someone says, "I am a vampire." As I mentioned, their understanding of vampirism can be completely different from the other person's.

This is a topic I avoid bringing up with people or even in relationships. I think, "Is there a need?" There are peculiarities about the subject, and if you observe, even within the occult community, there is prejudice. There are many views on what vampirism is, and these views exist precisely because people are different, deal with things differently, and have their own practices.

What you might do initially is just to approach the topic and understand what the other person understands by vampirism. I had an acquaintance who once claimed to be very interested in the subject and open-minded. I started talking to him about it, in general.

One day he told me he had nightmares, and the next day he was feeling bad and blamed me. He said, "Wow, I think it was our talk about this, wasn't it you who caused this?"

So, sometimes I started questioning the approach to the topic and don't see this openness as positive unless the other person shares the same line of thought. Otherwise, the "code" of discretion and anonymity for self-preservation ends up being better.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 21.06.24 9:00

Even witchcraft itself, or other practices, end up being seen in a distorted way. I've had relationships, but without the need to expose myself in that way. Therefore, you might consider that you can have relationships where you don't need to expose yourself. Or, if your intention is to be 100% yourself, to find someone who will align with that.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodletter 21.06.24 14:10

I know it's a tough subject, but I like to be open about myself to my partners.
Bloodletter
Bloodletter
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 22.06.24 10:33

Listen to your heart. But listen also to your inner wisdom. Be true to your Self.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 22.06.24 10:58

But that's harder implemented than said. You'll need to know your values. If it does not align, it does not align, but if it aligns you should find a way.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodletter 23.06.24 20:19

My heart is telling me to do it, but my brain is telling me no. Then again, she's not responding to my messages. So maybe I don't have to worry about it.
Bloodletter
Bloodletter
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinata 09.07.24 22:26

I would advise being blunt and straight to the point, when relaying information that might be considered questionable to the other party in a relationship, or a pending one. No point in wasting your time or the time of others. For example, I practice Vampirism, this is what it entails and means for me specifically in my life, is this something that you feel is an issue or not. Done.
Sinata
Sinata
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down