What Taboo Things Do Asetians Do?

+2
Natalia
Daniel09
6 posters

Go down

What Taboo Things Do Asetians Do? Empty What Taboo Things Do Asetians Do?

Post by Daniel09 23.01.11 22:57

It's basically as simple as the question I have stated. What are the taboo things, or the things that Asetians do or believe that would be considered wrong or heavily looked down upon in society?

I know that one is their obsessiveness within love. It is generally considered creepy and bad to be obsessive in a relationship.

What are others? Speculation is welcome, but please make sure you are clear about speculating. Otherwise it may be assumed that the information is coming from a reliable source about Asetianism such as the Asetian Bible.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

What Taboo Things Do Asetians Do? Empty Re: What Taboo Things Do Asetians Do?

Post by Natalia 24.01.11 11:09

Simply put, their "evilness". I would not consider this to be exactly a taboo, but it surely falls under the range of things that society in general would consider wrong and negative. I know that this does not represent one single specific thing, but more of a group of things that are also quite subjective. In the Disclaimer published with the Asetian Bible, the author states that Asetians are by no means beings of goodness and kindness. Inside the book, it explains that some of the Asetian practices would be considered inhuman by mortals. So we can speculate that a big portion of their own practices, ideas and opinions would be heavily considered wrong by modern society.

We all know that despite some rare exceptions, Asetians hold no special bond of friendliness towards humans in general. In fact, they tend to dislike them for their futility, ignorance, arrogance or simple lack of taste. This whole inborn dislike towards mankind, that so likes to claim glory over its race and accomplishments, certainly is seen as something negative by humans.

You mentioned their obsessiveness in a relationship, and although I am aware that many would consider that creepy and wrong, especially non-vampiric males, I also believe that many others would find that sweet, romantic and special, particularly those of a more sensitive nature. In the case of females, many would go to great lengths to be able to experience such a relationship, as we, women, are very different from men, and have inner desires that most mortals are unable to comprehend. It is, however, a tricky subject and one that I do agree with you that would create heated debate among the general society.

The dark side of the Asetians in general would represent something that society would heavily look down upon and condemn, unaware that the Asetians themselves would probably even feed from that condemnation. They don't want to be accepted. They don't want to blend in. They rule from above.

Also, they eternally study and dedicate to perfect a form of dark art that would be seen by the common society as something terrible, created by the devil himself.

'Natalia'
Natalia
Natalia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 24.01.11 14:37

Loved your post Natalia! Very nice contributions so far. Smile

I agree with what both of you have said. I am sure that the way Asetians think and act is certainly seen as something bad, weird, terrible, scary and evil by society. People are too plain, and anything different is usually a negative thing to their small minds. Particularly something with this level of darkness and complexity as the life of an Asetian.

There is also another question, related with what Daniel has asked, that I would like to ask you. I believe (I could be wrong, this is not stated anywhere, so take it only as speculation) that many Asetians have already committed murder, taking the lives of others, if not during this life at least in previous reincarnations. Especially if we take into consideration periods such as the Epic Wars, that becomes more than likely. Would you consider them evil because of that? What is your view on this possibility of assassination by the hands of an Asetian? Something that is usually seen as the most terrible of acts ever committed in society.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by godofbattle 25.01.11 20:16

if someone tries to threaten your rule then you have the right to protect it. It is the same with the Asetians. Many humans have done it. Why can't they?
godofbattle
godofbattle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemset 27.01.11 16:23

godofbattle wrote:if someone tries to threaten your rule then you have the right to protect it. It is the same with the Asetians. Many humans have done it. Why can't they?

I agree.

In a war is kill or be killed, and if even nowadays this isn't considered a crime why commit murder in those times would be considered "evil"?
Shemset
Shemset
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 02.02.11 19:41

godofbattle wrote:if someone tries to threaten your rule then you have the right to protect it. It is the same with the Asetians. Many humans have done it. Why can't they?
Entirely agreed. Asetians protect what belongs to them and, most of all, Asetians protect their own. You mess with Fire, you get burnt.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down