Naoom
Leelahel
Maxx
Jonathan
delan
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Do you enjoy vampires in media? Empty Do you enjoy vampires in media?

Post by delan 11.10.16 1:03

I wasn't sure how else to name this.

So, the question: Do you enjoy media representations of vampires? For example, vampires in anime, vampires in TV shows, etc.

Are there any specific vampire-interpretation you love? You loathe? I'm curious.

Myself, I'm not sure exactly what I dislike, but, I do love the Vampire Chronicles interpretation (Interview with a Vampire, Vampire Lestat, etc).

If this topic already exists feel free to remove it....
delan
delan
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2016-08-27

Back to top Go down

Do you enjoy vampires in media? Empty Re: Do you enjoy vampires in media?

Post by Jonathan 11.10.16 5:12

I dislike many representations of vampires in the media but especially stuff like Twilight. Also most documentaries on modern vampires tend to be really crappy, using people that are obviously not vampires but just enjoy dressing up or doing it for the show off. It’s really bad because it makes vampires look like clowns and portrays vampirism as a joke.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 11.10.16 9:10

You bring up an issue I will ask....Is there any video out there that does present the situation or case of an actual vampire that you know of? The material that people talk about I am not familiar with any of it other by name only..... because I do not watch it as I already know it is looney tunes...I do not even waste time going into it.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by delan 11.10.16 23:17

Jonathan wrote:I dislike many representations of vampires in the media but especially stuff like Twilight. Also most documentaries on modern vampires tend to be really crappy, using people that are obviously not vampires but just enjoy dressing up or doing it for the show off. It’s really bad because it makes vampires look like clowns and portrays vampirism as a joke.

Oh Twilight....sometimes I forget that ever existed....
I personally haven't watched any documentaries, but I can only imagine they would cover "goth" culture more than vampirism. That's unfortunate. But, I wonder, would you want accurate representation?

Maxx wrote:You bring up an issue I will ask....Is there any video out there that does present the situation or case of an actual vampire that you know of?   The material that people talk about I am not familiar with any of it other by name only.....  because I do not watch it as I already know it is looney tunes...I do not even waste time going into it.

I'm not so sure if there's anything out there that's like true vampires, I think that's because people really love the fantasy-aspect they could create.
delan
delan
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2016-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 11.10.16 23:27

delan wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I dislike many representations of vampires in the media but especially stuff like Twilight. Also most documentaries on modern vampires tend to be really crappy, using people that are obviously not vampires but just enjoy dressing up or doing it for the show off. It’s really bad because it makes vampires look like clowns and portrays vampirism as a joke.

Oh Twilight....sometimes I forget that ever existed....
I personally haven't watched any documentaries, but I can only imagine they would cover "goth" culture more than vampirism. That's unfortunate. But, I wonder, would you want accurate representation?

That's a good question and to be honest I probably wouldn't care either way for accurate representation. I doubt a real vampire would want to be portrayed in the media.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 12.10.16 6:45

he he....that answers the questions for all the media wanting to interview one, doesn't it?.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelahel 12.10.16 22:57

The media spreads erroneous information not just about vampires, but about the occult and psychic workers. I don't like that. The way witches are portrayed even around Halloween time is disappointing.

As for vampire media, I can't name any movies if you ask me about them, but I do appreciate the romanticized fantasy of what a vampire could be like if it's entertainment purposes only. Half the time I find depictions vulgar. Tasteless portrayals don't amuse me. A series had come out recently that was everything I disliked about television. True Blood. The example of tasteless.

It is best to stay away from television in general unless you want to do a case study on how dumb down the general public is, since whatever they see on television is what is "believed to be true."

I do enjoy the idea of going to costume balls such as the Edwardian Ball or the Labyrinth ball even though I haven't gone, but those fantasy events are in no way related to spiritual work done. It's just play, and I enjoy the idea of dressing up as the idea of something. I feel like it's okay to indulge so long as it isn't taken seriously.

But then, how can you compare media to the real thing? You just can't. The people behind vampire movies and movies portraying magic have no idea.
Leelahel
Leelahel
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 26.11.16 11:33

Most of the documentaries about vampires are about people who consume blood or are self proclaimed psychic vampires but i thought you might wanna watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz9cEjNFOvs .The man who is interveiwed is a ToV member and his name is Father Sebastian.He is very popular for making fangs as well as starting the Ordo Strigoii VII.Seems like no vampire would openly state in the media that he or she is a vampire other than himself.He even made a video explaining the dayside and nightside.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2016-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 26.11.16 12:14

Sorry George. Sebastian is no vampire. He is only another fake making fangs to sell to other fakes.
And he is no TOV member. He and his girlfriend at the time who invented that codex were kicked out of there years ago.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 26.11.16 12:17

Thanks for letting me know.That explains why he was interveiwed.He probably took the terms from the ToV to attract ToV members.I'm just curious why he mentions his nightside ''family'' so many times.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 26.11.16 15:19

plagerism.....just as his former girl friend did the same with her books.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 26.11.16 19:11

George Gosdas wrote:The man who is interveiwed is a ToV member and his name is Father Sebastian.He is very popular for making fangs as well as starting the Ordo Strigoii VII.Seems like no vampire would openly state in the media that he or she is a vampire other than himself.He even made a video explaining the dayside and nightside.
Father Sebastiaan is not an actual member of the ToV. He does however copy terminology and concepts from the ToV as well as ROS and Aset Ka. He does that to sell and make money but it's clear he doesn't understand the philosophies he's stealing from. In other interviews and books he openly insults those traditions he borrows from, which says a lot about his real intentions.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 27.11.16 9:17

If Sebastian is no actuall vampire it's sad that Michael W.ford had written the foreword in one of Father Sebastian's books,since his luciferian literature is great material.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 27.11.16 9:30

You certainly have some strange heros while hanging out here. LOL.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 27.11.16 9:32

What do you mean? I have no heroes i just respect Michael's works for i have been a luciferian for a period of time.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 27.11.16 9:41

I will not attempt to explain your naivete to you. If you are not aware, so be it.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 27.11.16 9:44

I see that you are taking advantage of the fact that i do not live in the U.S and therefore be aware of what you are meaning all the time.So be it then.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 27.11.16 9:52

Everyone is responsible for their own actions and where they are in life...I do not hold hands and walk others paths. Just because someone states they are Luciferian does not mean one should instantly accept an entire doctrine philosophy. You, yourself, said you should doubt all things and prove them for yourself. Wasn't that your statement?
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 27.11.16 9:54

Indeed Maxx.I always use reason.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 27.11.16 10:01

If you had read through this site before making posts about various things (and this goes for everyone that comes here new) you would have seen what the view of the TOV, Nemo, Sebastian, his girl friend, M. Ford, etc, as well as others, and we would not be having this discussion in front of everyone and you getting your feelings hurt. And, in answer to your question, no I do not take any medication at all....and I can go into other dimensions without using any aids or drugs....
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 27.11.16 10:03

Neither do i regret anything i do Maxx.I believed that you can do these things in the first place.I question everything,it's in my nature.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 27.11.16 10:09

I have said in the past that i can't controll my thoughts consiouslly then neither my actions.Soon i will be able to but for now you have to stop making conclusions like if he said so he believes so.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 27.11.16 10:12

then if you have no control over your thoughts or actions then I am finished with this conversation here. We are not here to offer therapy.

Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 27.11.16 10:14

I didn't expect anyone to solve my problem here.I understand you have reasons to talk to me again but think about the moment that i will solve my problem.You sure lost an opportunity.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina767 03.12.16 11:08

I enjoyed them in "Only Lovers Left Alive" with Tilda Swinton
Karina767
Karina767
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2016-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next