Kemet - How much it will cost?

+2
Hellen
Gilded
6 posters

Go down

Kemet - How much it will cost? Empty Kemet - How much it will cost?

Post by Jonathan 14.04.09 0:05

I am opening here a thread for speculation on the price of Kemet - The Year of Revelation, but hopefully will not be wrongly interpreted.

So, we all know Kemet is coming, we just don't know when. But according to the official website from the Order of Aset Ka, it will be somewhere around the current year. This leaves an open question... how much do you guys think it will cost when it gets published?

I know this sounds like a far too mundane thing to wonder about an Asetian project, that deals directly with the deepest questions within ourselves, having no real material-world price. However I ask this mostly out of curiosity and also to learn about what are your expectations concerning the final retail price that Kemet will have when it reaches our hands. So don't fear being wrong, we are a friendly and united community, lets all just try our luck with a value that we feel it may be right and in the end see how far off we were from reality. Smile

Hope to see all of you participating!
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Kemet - How much it will cost? Empty Re: Kemet - How much it will cost?

Post by Gilded 14.04.09 7:44

I actually thought about this as well... and hopefully my answer won't be taken wrong.

I believe Kemet will certainly cost more than the Asetian Bible did when it got published, due to the fact that Kemet is a Photo book, and has colored photography within it as well, which alone, takes quite a lot of money to get it printed. Therefore, personally, I would not be surprised at all if it coasted somewhere around... $40.00. But to someone who is so 'obsessed' and moved by the Aset Ka, such a divine work of art is truly priceless.

Besides, the price should never be a problem here. Unlike the AB, this is not something that 'everyone needs'. This is a gift for those that art loyal to the AK and truly want it, or, even feel a need for it. So we should not look at Kemet the same way as we look at the AB.
Gilded
Gilded
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilded 14.04.09 7:46

Oh, and I forgot to ask... what does yourself think about it, Jonathan?
Gilded
Gilded
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellen 14.04.09 13:01

I just hope for the best quality , so as it's beauty won't be altered in any way .

rest of details that derive from it ,I really don't think about them
Hellen
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 14.04.09 17:55

I agree with the three of you, the price is not something relevant in this work, as long as it is a honest account gifted by the Asetians themselves.

I wanted to add, though, that this is something entirely different than what we are used to see from the Aset Ka, in past and present. It is a photography book, in full color... and for the ones that are not into these things, to publish internationally and in full color comes with a great expense. Requiers far more expensive paper, big quality color toners, huge dedicated off-set printers, tons of paperwork, permissions and requirements to distribute photography around the world with the proper copyright. It is highly expensive, and to be honest, there are many publishers that even refuse to commit in such demanding projects. It was surprising to me learning that the Aset Ka had the guts, the resources and commitment to come out with such a thing, especially when published from their own internal Asetian publisher, an exclusive publishing company for Asetian projects alone.
Said all that, I personally expect it to be expensive... but undoubtedly a project for us to applaud.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 14.04.09 22:18

A brand new AB cost me about $30 US. A similar sized "trade paperback" would cost about $20 here in the States. I agree witih Victor's comments on expense and the work involved. I believe the price will be dependent on the size. The larger the pages, the more expensive it will be.

Would not an offical AK publication reveal more of the Order to us outsiders? Perhaps a message hidden in the photographs selected? I will definately purchase one for these reasons alone.

Has anyone seen a bookstore that currently stocks it? I searched a number of US and Canadian booksellers, and found no mention of it.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 15.04.09 15:38

Gilded wrote:Oh, and I forgot to ask... what does yourself think about it, Jonathan?
I agree with you, maybe a bit up... probably around 40-50 dollars.

I see we were the only ones coming up with a number so far Gilded. Lets go everyone! Make a guess!
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 15.04.09 15:42

Phoenix wrote:
Would not an offical AK publication reveal more of the Order to us outsiders? Perhaps a message hidden in the photographs selected? I will definately purchase one for these reasons alone.
I agree with you, every single book they publish reveals more a bit of their inside secrets to us on the outside, lifting the veil on their mysteries and history. As with everything the Aset Ka brings out, I am more than sure that the photographs in Kemet will be filled with symbolism and hidden meanings that only some will be able to interpret and discover. That's the beauty of it, their books are like puzzle masterminds of the occult for me! Something that I always spend so much time trying to interpret, put the pieces together and come out with my own conclusion. Nice gymnastics to the brain, keeps our mind healthy. Wink
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 15.04.09 19:29

I can agree with Gilded and Jonathan about the price, because of the book being colored and being a photography book. It makes full sense.

Anyways, it is not bad at all to speculate the price of such special and meaningful things... I have a feeling some are a bit “afraid” to get into that discussion. No need...

Does anyone guess when it may be published? I am guessing perhaps somewhere within the next month or two.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 15.04.09 19:44

Does anyone remember how long it took from the AK announcing the AB until it was stocked and available for purchase? Perhaps they will follow a similar schedule.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilded 15.04.09 23:22

Phoenix wrote:Does anyone remember how long it took from the AK announcing the AB until it was stocked and available for purchase? Perhaps they will follow a similar schedule.

The Asetian Bible and Kemet are quite different books... and the work one must do on them before they are finally available varies greatly... besides, the AB was internally published, just for the AK, on 7.7.07, and only long after was available to purchase on Amazon and other places, long after. It makes some sense, since the AB was a complex book, much different than Kemet. I just feel like Kemet will not take as long as the AB did to become available to us, I truly hope. It is just too hard to wait... I love you
Gilded
Gilded
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down