MysticLightShinethForth
ardent
Ramla-Meryt
Jonathan
Pyrene
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seshat as a mask of Serket in "Kemet" Empty Seshat as a mask of Serket in "Kemet"

Post by Pyrene 24.05.20 12:02

Greetings,

I would like to share something with you that I only noticed yesterday.

While admiring the amazing photos in Kemet - The Year of Revelation I noticed that one of the images where a representation of Serket should be found, there was instead an image of Seshat, the Scribe Goddess and the female companion to Thoth. As every other "inconsistencies" in Luis Marques' works I believe this is not an error, but instead something to make us think.

The best way to explain this to you is by showing you the images. As the pages from the book are unnumbered I took the liberty to take pictures from the book and post them here. However, I do not wish to violate any copyright laws, and the only reason why I share these here is for informational purposes only. I will share only the fundamental pages from the book - if you like those and would like to see more, buy the book.

Seshat as a mask of Serket in "Kemet" Img_2010
Seshat as a mask of Serket in "Kemet" Img_2011

When I saw these images I thought it was strange because usually Serket is accompanied by an hieroglyph representing a Scorpion, while this was clearly not the case. Instead, it represented Seshat, the Scribe Goddess and companion to Thoth. According to the Wikipedia article on this Goddess (yeah, I know Wikipedia is not trustworthy, but it serves my purposes on this occasion):

Seshat - Wikipedia wrote:Seshat, under various spellings, was the ancient Egyptian goddess of wisdom, knowledge, and writing. She was seen as a scribe and record keeper, and her name means she who scrivens (i.e. she who is the scribe), and is credited with inventing writing. She also became identified as the goddess of accounting, architecture, astronomy, astrology, building, mathematics, and surveying.

(...)

In art, she was depicted as a woman with a seven-pointed emblem above her head. It is unclear what this emblem represents. This emblem is the origin of an alternate name for Seshat, Sefkhet-Abwy, which means "seven-horned".

So while this seems to be quite a different from Serket, there is a specific mysterious reference to number Seven that immediately catched my attention. After all, Serket is the leader of the Seven Scorpions... so maybe there is more to this than meets the eye. Could this be one more of those intriguing puzzles left by Luis Marques?

What's your take on this?

Regards,
Pyr.
Pyrene
Pyrene
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Seshat as a mask of Serket in "Kemet" Empty Re: Seshat as a mask of Serket in "Kemet"

Post by Jonathan 24.05.20 17:32

Interesting. I'm pretty certain that this isn't random or just a mistake. There must be a meaning and symbolism to such representation.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Seshat as a mask of Serket in "Kemet" Empty Re: Seshat as a mask of Serket in "Kemet"

Post by Ramla-Meryt 25.05.20 4:23

Things that I poked at on an admittedly quite surface level due to currently limited resource access were that in relation to the Luxor relief of the second image, is that there are seven pairs of pillars at the site and that the date of the carving of the relief is 1250 BC.

• If I have worked out the eras correctly, that would place it in the Djehuty of the Hawk.

• The pillars in the architecture relate to either the pillars holding up the sky or the reeds of the marsh around and on the primordial mound of creation rising out of chaos, in terms of the sacred architecture.

• Seven would tie into, well the number of importance itself but also the scorpions of which Serket is a part of.

• The first image is from the funerary temple of Hatshepsut.
Seshat as a mask of Serket in "Kemet" 259_7099_full

• Hatshepsut is depicted with Seshat at the Red Chapel as well:
Seshat as a mask of Serket in "Kemet" 800px-Hatshepsut_and_Seshat

• Serket is also present in the mortuary temple of Hatshepsut when Amun impregnates her mother. So no direct comparison or connection between the goddesses in terms of explicit imagery but they are paired with the same figurehead. But, that could be because both had importance to said individuals.

These are essentially things for me to intuit and analyse more deeply and to chase up when I have more knowledge and references on which to draw. They may prove useful for others in making their own analysis or as things to chase.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 25.05.20 4:31

The epithet may also incorporate the word sefekh, meaning seven, so that the epithet would mean ‘Sevenfold of the two horns’. According to Wainwright 1940, the ‘horns’ of her headdress were originally the month-sign with two feathers atop it; he also notes that the seven-petalled flower or palmette often occurs alone in monuments of the first-dynasty king Narmer (c. 3150 BCE)

In PT utterance 364, Nephthys collecting together the parts of the body of Osiris is compared to Seshat, “Lady of Builders,” inasmuch as the temple is like a divine body.

In CT spell 10, Seshat is said to open the portal of the netherworld for the deceased, in which we may understand the ‘portal’ in question to be the successful mastery of ritual under Seshat’s guidance.

Source

I haven't managed to find an English translation of the Coffin Texts and in particular Spell 10 which references Seshat, but I will re-trace back to this once I do. Again, leaving these quotes as both future reference and in case they are useful for others in their own exploration of the topic.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrene 25.05.20 7:14

Very nice contributions, Ramla-Meryt!

It's curious, I was just reading Peter A. Clayton's Chronicles of the Pharaos in the part about Queen Hatshepsut, and it says that there was a section in her Temple depicting the Seven Hathors... I didn't know there was such a group!

Also, it would be interesting to build a list of deities that were grouped in sevens. What do you think?
Pyrene
Pyrene
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by ardent 27.05.20 8:33

A most interesting thing apparently is in sustaining the costumes of old times is systemic mantra practices and attire to conduct a special event perhaps so called magical.
I see much of old practices as perhaps inactive today but still some may recall and like to re-execute. It's OK and maybe exciting. But I wonder if beings of such caliber still today take such interests because I see the far side of life as constantly changing in many respects from solid conditions to values. Part of my inspirations on changes come from India about what became later as the NAZI symbol.

ardent
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2020-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 27.05.20 8:39

Postmodernism?
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 27.05.20 8:51

Mystic.  I believe there are many things happening in the Magic land today that many are not familiar with.  Maktub is certainly familiar but he is not talking. For instance, you might recall that there was a gentleman mentioned by John West and pictured in some of his material that daily guarded some individual sites there in Egypt.  Ancient sites. He was actually involved in and operating in the Spirit realm there today.  He lived for many years and finally moved over to the other side.  But I can tell you there are those trained to pick up where he put his labors down.  All the sites are protected in this fashion.  I follow his daughter today with her activities and she is performing a similar function.

What I am saying, it appears that many of the rituals that you mentioned that are no longer being performed most certainly are... secretly.  Many can be done in the etheric or astral realm. Why would they do them openly with all the profane activity of the tourists swirling over the countryside?  

So, look up, it is not as bad as you think.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 27.05.20 9:00

Agreed, I believe it is a very postmodern trend to criticize and try to reevaluate such old customs and lost traditions of forgotten value upon no higher invention of wisdom as to their actual relevance which is still there. Many people might not be aware of the postmodernistic thinking that's kind of philosophically overarching on a large scale in the contemporary era.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 27.05.20 9:03

yes. Don't we find the Aset Ka walking mostly in secret now???
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 27.05.20 11:24

I love how good people are at unveiling their own stupidity, as Ardent and others repeatedly show here.
Seriously, most see interaction or even observation as a total waste of time but the danker sides of this forum and the lunatics it draws have taught me quite a few things about people and the way they are. You can learn so much from watching.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 27.05.20 11:25

Concerning the rest of this topic, I am just watching and contemplating.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 27.05.20 12:31

Watching is the secret key and art of the wise as the very act of observation holds the power of transformation if applied internally but teaches you many lessons if done outside as well.

I Agree
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ardent 28.05.20 8:47

OK, the power of observation in often based in the unconscious mind accumulations, we can hold positive and negative impressions at nearly the same time - it's an intellectual virtue to have this ability keenly because it allows overlooking negative impressions.

ardent
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by ardent 28.05.20 9:14

When an individual holds information that is apparent stupidity, and such individual holds info that is backed by legitimate traditionally driven folk in various areas on earth concerning vampires, and of course today under quantum mechanics that promotes just about all old tales of the paranormal more readily than old times but by other means also not always literally and through new interpretations. Forget negative criticism on info holders, just beware, you are possibly being observed and known to be a probable bearer...
It's very important to know that when dealings with paranormal that when it's word of mouth we're dealing with, it's best to let things be and let go, and know that the universe of its anatomies is not of biochemical makings alone, we have evolved... This is all it should take to make all educated people observers and possibly dangerous trouble making of others depending on what is being spread as possible or not at all.
The most important piece of info I need to often remind myself firmly is as I do that biochemical evidence is not adequate for anything paranormal or real magical to be executed but promoted into actual connections from the biochemical or anatomies through other present revolving energies among within and about anatomies. So anatomy is only a prepping source for connections to the universe and its wonders which even beyond the veil I do not think there is anything really magical for the words actual definition but high-tech that to the earth's common people today is magic or science fiction, yes.
How amazing for liking people for saying or appearing to be saying, I am just me plainly, but this plainly possibly being ready for great things is what you should know about me to credit.

ardent
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by ardent 28.05.20 9:17

What am I equalizing here? The power of diction is almost equal to actual powers of all sorts in the universe. Diction is a moving tool with only partial substance to make moves...

ardent
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 28.05.20 10:23

How does this pertain to the topic?
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 28.05.20 10:37

It doesn't.  That is why he never connects to anything he posts.  He is always out there in a room in his mind all by himself.  He can never understand he connects to nothing and no one can dissect or understand his posts.  He does have a disconnect that is very obvious and I would wish he would tell his attending psychiatrist in his next scheduled meeting of this fact.  Maybe the two of them can work on his biggest problem together.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ardent 28.05.20 18:06

How about my attending psychiatrist be ready to meet another Top US female psychiatrist who is also a professional medium in psychic phenomena and is backed by the AMA in some manner??
I have a genuine purpose here, it's to share only and have the pleasure to rationalize for what it is as a kind of pleasure power.
I had a psychiatric encounter long ago due to my complete vulnerability being so young and still a virgin. When I got to understand how the mind feeding works in emotions and its electromagnetic power, I started picking up bits and pieces in the psychiatric field to my advantage and found the catch 2 ways, their ways of persecution, and the theories based healing, and then my collected picks to own the medical book all for myself. I guess not all humans can fit with the guinea part. This way I can feel proud to own a means legitimately to call most of them cracked headed pigs and interject my legitimacy in certain matters of their methods. When you own the book on psycho analysis, you know and feel value on how to be a good ass all for yourself and have confidence never lose.
I may not apply to the exact requirements in the promoted subject of discussions, but as I remember back then, don't mind feeling ignored but love to be sent specific inquiries on particular matters even if so singularly.

ardent
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by ardent 28.05.20 18:12

I love to share diction that is wise in meanings, it's a delving power mirror! It's a way to prove I am biochemically a bit proud, and much more proud in the power of diction, just diction that has solid content even if it's only to a degree.

ardent
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 28.05.20 18:20

Do you think you should get a merit badge when you destroy the subject matter you inject your comments into that have nothing to do with the topic?  That is nothing but ignorance and you have no idea that is how you are seen.  You are not seen here as a genius.  You are viewed as an utterly ignorant and misguided mental case that has no idea what this forum is about.  From what you have told us it seems you are viewed nearly the same way in all the forums or sites you show up on.  I do not think you are the favorite in any area of expertise.  Why don't you just go and start your own forum then you can destroy yourself completely?  It is hard watching you self destruct here.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrene 29.05.20 8:54

Hey guys, is it possible to stay on topic, please?
Do you think that your replies to "ardent" will solve that guy's problems?

What's worse?
(A) To ignore a user and don't reply to his messages;

Or (B) to ruin a topic (which is what you're doing, in case you haven't noticed) because you're busy replying to a guy that doesn't deserve any replies?

Doesn't the forum have a "BAN USER" option?
Damn...

Pyrene
Pyrene
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 29.05.20 8:58

It's a public board and topics often take on their own directions. In the end people are going to talk about what they want. This is what happens on public threads. Rather than getting all frustrated about this as you've done here before in years past when you were calling the AK a cult and insulting Asetianists you could just patiently steer it back or continue to contribute. Otherwise, your degree of entitlement and frustration is rather annoying.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 29.05.20 9:01

Also no one is obligated to respond in the fashion you expect and demand them to. If you don't like where this topic is going you could always take it somewhere else. As I said it's a public board. Or write a paper on it or something if your thoughts are that deep. Acting like this isn't going to encourage anyone to do what you want though.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 29.05.20 9:04

and we have commented that he has ruined topics he posted with things that do not apply to anything at any location. If it continues he will be banned if he is doing this on purpose.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next