Maxx
CREdarkness
Lynskha
Troublemaker
MysticLightShinethForth
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

An Appeal to the Administrators: "Make Vampirismforum Great Again" - Page 4 Empty Re: An Appeal to the Administrators: "Make Vampirismforum Great Again"

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 20.11.18 6:35

"The long tangent you went on clearly affirmed my original thoughts which I chose to post on this particular topic... Seriously, ego and arrogance..." In your response to Rhea Kaye. Now how does this differentiate from yourself, if you also go on a rather long tangent? We are all free to express and share our thoughts in whatever manner we feel is best suitable. Does not mean we come from a place of ego and arrogance.

I in fact believe we should not condescend people who are posting and contributing to this forum in whatever form or simply wish to learn.

Also as I was going to write yesterday but I had to leave: As said above by others, this was not a one-sided arguement.

Anyhow, I think we should not argue this much. Let's focus upon more interesting topics for discussion and not take up this much space with arguements. Although, of course, it will probably have to cool down first so I will allow people to further comment, which I cannot do anything about either way.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

An Appeal to the Administrators: "Make Vampirismforum Great Again" - Page 4 Empty Re: An Appeal to the Administrators: "Make Vampirismforum Great Again"

Post by Troublemaker 20.11.18 6:39

Nightshade,
I think it takes a certain level of balanced maturity to say what you just did. I admire and respect this viewpoint, so, thank you for your positive contribution to the thread. It is true, accepting disagreement is vital for growth. Not to mention, as Asetianists we should all be in the same boat. We should, in my view, stand together and try to learn from one another. We are all quite diverse so people are bound to disagree.
Now, aside from this, I think the thread should continue to be steered in a more positive direction based off this example.
There are many great topics floating around, undiscussed, that maybe could stimulate more of the positive growth that this place has been known for.
Em Hotep.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 20.11.18 7:20

Nightshade wrote:I don't think there is a need for all this argument. Sometimes it's important to realize that we are all different and have different views. Accepting disagreement is a vital part of growth and life in society. We have a lot to learn from each other and being open to those exchanges, even the more heated ones, is beneficial to all.

Well said. I agree with this.

Rhea Kaye wrote:Not to mention, as Asetianists we should all be in the same boat. We should, in my view, stand together and try to learn from one another. We are all quite diverse so people are bound to disagree.

And this.

Never forget that we do fight for the same banner!
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 20.11.18 7:32

Beautifully true as said by Jonathan and indicated by the others. So I do not mean anything bad towards Sinata here, if it could even be interpreted that way... but merely that I had to stand up for someone who is a good contributor on this forum and do what I deemed fair. We are all in the same boat indeed. So we should come along.

Em Hotep.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 20.11.18 11:02

I resonate with this. We do all fight for the same banner! Asetianism is that banner. It is a beautiful path. It allows to conquer all odds. There will always be opposition and even people judging, people telling you that you don't belong as an Asetianist, people trying to tell you who and what you are without really knowing your reasons or motivations for your stances, in addition, not knowing you as a person. Such experiences are a tool of learning.

I have to say to Jonathan and Nightshade that I like your view and angle. Stuff like this always brings positivity. I can honestly say that I've learned things from you. I believe Asetianism is an eternal path, one that I will always walk, live and breathe with everything I have inside of me. It is wonderful to find something that I will passionately love on an unconditional level despite any outside factor. It is liberating, a sacred path that I treasure. Words cannot really express those feelings Asetianism brings to the heart, but I enjoy sharing them.

When I look at these true reasons for passionately pursuing Asetianism, it is helpful toward the goal of detaching from some things. Ever learning, questioning, and growing.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 20.11.18 11:21

Beautifully said, as well, Rhea Kaye.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinata 21.11.18 9:10

How does it differentiate? Quite clearly! I stated my thoughts on a thread I found to be rather disturbing after returning from a lengthy absence... My second post was longer as it was a reply to the comments that followed... To tell a long standing member that has contributed greatly for many years, they should leave the forum because their style of communication bothers you is arrogant and egotistical and if one can’t see that as I said then they need to do a self-evaluation... Maxx has always communicated in that style and it is nothing new... If the forum administration felt that it was an issue they would have addressed it years ago as they are on top of things... It is always a choice we control, whether to engage or ignore once we find something unpleasant... You speak of being part of a collective, well that behavior is not familial in the least... I will state again that this forum is a treasure trove of useful information, especially if one takes the time to read through all posts from the beginning until this point.... I have noticed that there are many repeats on things that have been stated and/or answered already over the years and possibly some of the silence within is due to that as well... I’m choosing not to discuss this further as there is such a thing as beating a dead horse... I hope all of you have a wonderful day/evening...
Sinata
Sinata
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guano 22.11.18 14:45

An interesting read to say the least. This is a great look into the community, whether the parties would consider that a positive take away or not is another question.
Guano
Guano
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2018-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4