Vampires and Witches?

3 posters

Go down

Vampires and Witches? Empty Vampires and Witches?

Post by Diogo 01.08.11 13:49

I would like to know which the connection between witches and vampires, or even if there is rivalry between them.
Diogo
Diogo
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Vampires and Witches? Empty Re: Vampires and Witches?

Post by Daniel09 01.08.11 20:52

I would love to add information to this, but I'm afraid that I have no information on this.

One might assume due to the Christians being severely anti-witch, that the Sethian influence did not appreciate openness to magick. In that case, witches probably had a neutral or positive relationship with Asetians, though vampires in general I wouldn't know.

There are so many different kinds of vampires, that witches were probably positive and negative in relationships with them. Plus, witches do not represent a faction (unless you count the formation of Wicca in this age), so there would not be much ability for a rivalry to have been formed.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. Hopefully others have more education about this.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 02.08.11 10:07

Hello Diogo and welcome to Vampirism Forum! First I would like to ask you to go by the Off Topic section and introduce yourself to the community.

Now on to the question you asked. There is no obvious or immediate connection between vampires and witches. I also believe that the problems that do exist between them aren't exactly connected with rivalry.
There have been confrontations between vampires and witches in the past. Some of those confrontations led to what is known as the vampire hunters or slayers, who are witches that do hunt vampires and work on developing metaphysical weapons against them.
The strongest reason for such practices was seeking the knowledge and power of the vampires. Vampires can be very powerful creatures, holding the deepest occult secrets in history. In the case of the Asetians and Sethians, they are most likely the most powerful incarnated beings, so it is only natural that many cultures and different types of people tried to get that power from them.

The interest of some is to study such power, like in the case of the Watchers (where the VWG is the largest international group by far, the Vampire Watchers Group), while others want to learn that power for their own use. I'm sure that not all witches and covens had poor intentions, but the situation has caused bloodshed in the past. I believe that in these days things are calmer, and there are witches working together with the vampires as allies, but surely still remain those whose sole interest in the Asetians is to get their power. There will always be such people, as men's thirst for power is unstoppable. Most wars in history served that single purpose, the conquer of power. There are many forms of power, as power can be political, religious, economical and metaphysical. Wars with countless deaths have been fought for all those types.

Still, don't form the idea that vampires and witches are enemies. That's far from the truth.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Diogo 02.08.11 16:04

[One might assume due to the Christians being severely anti-witch, that the Sethian influence did not appreciate openness to magick. In that case, witches probably had a neutral or positive relationship with Asetians, though vampires in general I wouldn't know.]

yes, I also believe that.
Diogo
Diogo
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Diogo 02.08.11 16:14

Thank you Smile okay, I did not know ..

Some of those confrontations led to what is known as the vampire hunters or slayers, who are witches that do hunt vampires and work on developing metaphysical weapons against them. The strongest reason for such practices was seeking the knowledge and power of the vampires.

yes, indeed you're right, it makes sense.

In the case of the Asetians and Sethians, they are most likely the most powerful incarnated beings, so it is only natural that many cultures and different types of people tried to get that power from them. The interest of some is to study such power, like in the case of the Watchers (where the VWG is the largest international group by far, the Vampire Watchers Group), while others want to learn that power for their own use.

you believe that vampires are more powerful than witches, and who speaks of witches, other beings like Lycans?
Diogo
Diogo
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 02.08.11 19:06

I do believe both Sethians and Asetians to be genuinely more powerful than humans of any kind. I also believe they are far more subtle in how they approach and interpret power.

This my view and opinion, nothing more.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 02.08.11 21:14

Jonathan wrote:I do believe both Sethians and Asetians to be genuinely more powerful than humans of any kind. I also believe they are far more subtle in how they approach and interpret power.

Well, actually, a number of witches are probably a variety of otherkin who are far more sensitive to energy than the average human.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Diogo 03.08.11 9:32

Jonathan wrote:
I do believe both Sethians and Asetians to be genuinely more powerful than humans of any kind. I also believe they are far more subtle in how they approach and interpret power.

In my opinion, actually I think that witches are very powerful, and there is no be able to face them.
Diogo
Diogo
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 03.08.11 11:18

Witches are undoubtedly powerful and owners of many secrets, but if they were the most powerful some wouldn't seek so desperately for the dangerous power of the vampires.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down